Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Epic Beginner's Guide to Herald of Xotli

Thanks for clarifying. The ingame description of the skill was a bit misleading and I thought it meant 25% direct damage, which is not the case.

Apologies on the old builds XD What I provide are some examples to start your build off of as a general guideline and offer easy help. I do not necessarily use all of the builds listed myself, as I like to tweak and play around to have builds that suit my taste. If you follow these builds you will have a generally decent build that you can then play off of to customize more towards what you find yourself liking. However, that is also why I included descriptions of every feat so you can see what each feat does individually and decide for yourself if they're something you want to try for!

Regarding the mana feats, I should have one point in Fury of Xotli, and I'm not sure why I don't, to be honest. The points in Xotli's Vengeance are honestly trash and filler points to go further down. I myself put more points into Improved Word of Command, and then one point in Fury of Xotli, as a way to get me far enough down the tree to get Inferno, but Improved Word of Command is not 'ultimate raid dps' so to speak. It's just nice if I'm wandering out in the world and need to get away from mobs.

On the Avatar side, a lot of the points at the bottom can be switched around all the time. Damning Eloquence, Wrath of Xotli, and Hellfire Feast are all very much so optional points that can be moved around according to tastes. Even further up the tree, I don't use Demonic Supplication any more, but have them in Reaching Flames and Blood Pit. I will be doing a sweep and updating these builds at some point, but I am pleasantly surprised there are still leveling HoXes who look at this guide.
    "A wise old man once said 'You must find the way'. And I have found it. It is exceedingly simple. I will chop off your head. Then you too will know the way." - Diary of a Khitan Madman

Age of Conan Roleplay Community

Smile Thanks

Just a quick note to say thanks to the OP for the time and effort that went into writing this. As a result my first alt, having returned to the game, is a Hox.

Quote Originally Posted by Sift View Post
    Just a quick note to say thanks to the OP for the time and effort that went into writing this. As a result my first alt, having returned to the game, is a Hox.
    Glad to hear it!
    "A wise old man once said 'You must find the way'. And I have found it. It is exceedingly simple. I will chop off your head. Then you too will know the way." - Diary of a Khitan Madman

Age of Conan Roleplay Community

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345