Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened?

Default What happened?

So I took a break from Age of Conan sometime around July, and when I left, the server had a decent population. Usually at least 40-50 level 80s on at one time. I just logged in right now, and I see a mere 23 level 1-79s playing, and a mere 14 level 80s...It is as if the whole EU + US population up and left...

What killed the server? Was my hunch correct that the lowbie killing in White Sands scared all the new players away? As I type this, I am leveling a new character on Crom just so I can check the player list to see if it is holding up at all.

P.S Sorry if I sounded like a negative nancy, it is just kind of surprising that in a few months, the population got so low.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    So I took a break from Age of Conan sometime around July, and when I left, the server had a decent population. Usually at least 40-50 level 80s on at one time. I just logged in right now, and I see a mere 23 level 1-79s playing, and a mere 14 level 80s...It is as if the whole EU + US population up and left...

What killed the server? Was my hunch correct that the lowbie killing in White Sands scared all the new players away? As I type this, I am leveling a new character on Crom just so I can check the player list to see if it is holding up at all.

P.S Sorry if I sounded like a negative nancy, it is just kind of surprising that in a few months, the population got so low.
    no idea what you were checking, people were raiding T5 last night.

The population is better than it used to a while ago, people transfering from Crom to do open world pvp/minis
    Retired

it's grim, unfortunatelly OP is right .

aint gonna add more out of respect for the best pvp-server in any game ive ever tried .
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    it's grim, unfortunatelly OP is right .

aint gonna add more out of respect for the best pvp-server in any game ive ever tried .
    If Fury was best pvp-server in any game, why so many people leave for Crom?

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    If Fury was best pvp-server in any game, why so many people leave for Crom?
    "if you like biscuits , why people eat muffins" , see this type of questions makes no sense

anyways , i use past-tense and i underline its my personal favorite , but
    the reason people leave is simple : crom has it all , and open world pvp is something that most ppl claim they like , but honestly hate
    Last edited by Audrey-; 9th October 2014 at 07:49.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    no idea what you were checking, people were raiding T5 last night.

The population is better than it used to a while ago, people transfering from Crom to do open world pvp/minis
    Not sure if you're talking about Crom, but Fury when I checked before making this post was dead.

I made sure my search filter was fine, and I scanned for 1-79 and got 23 results, and 14 results for 80s.

Can't do T5 (is it even out yet?) with only 14 people...
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Not sure if you're talking about Crom, but Fury when I checked before making this post was dead.

I made sure my search filter was fine, and I scanned for 1-79 and got 23 results, and 14 results for 80s.

u got different timezone , US hours are dead . eu hours got some life , but not enough to expect more than mona-pallace and max 1 raid running
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Must have been really late EU time or something because even if the server IS small I have not seen a number of 80s as low as 14 in a long long time. I got a job now though so that means I'm rarely playing during the day or very early mornings (past 1-2am).

And yes there was t5 last night plus a few minis - and those minis were not too bad with lots of vets playing and checking out the class changes. In comparison the minis I played on Crom that same day were extremely dull (headless chickens is the best way to describe it) with my pvp t1 conq scoring much better than it should (and much better than it would have on Fury that same day). Maybe (hopefully) lots of people were checking out t5 on Crom though but I was hoping to see lots of Fury vets in minis.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Must have been really late EU time or something because even if the server IS small I have not seen a number of 80s as low as 14 in a long long time. I got a job now though so that means I'm rarely playing during the day or very early mornings (past 1-2am).

And yes there was t5 last night plus a few minis - and those minis were not too bad with lots of vets playing and checking out the class changes. In comparison the minis I played on Crom that same day were extremely dull (headless chickens is the best way to describe it) with my pvp t1 conq scoring much better than it should (and much better than it would have on Fury that same day). Maybe (hopefully) lots of people were checking out t5 on Crom though but I was hoping to see lots of Fury vets in minis.
    In that day Crom have CoE T5 raid, PUG T5 raid, and C9/BS siege. And may be some amount of T3-T4 raids. So many good players was busy and you can't find them on mini-game.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    In that day Crom have CoE T5 raid, PUG T5 raid, and C9/BS siege. And may be some amount of T3-T4 raids. So many good players was busy and you can't find them on mini-game.
    Dont worry Fury is dead server atm same people play minis nothing left for pvp players sadly

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast