Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RP Gathering

Default RP Gathering

Greetings, one and all. To some I have spoken already, to others, this may be your first time reading. I am Jiahuo of Red Lotus, and I will be hosting a gathering of RP players and RP guilds in the tavern of Tesso, Aquilonia, on Sunday, October 19. All who are even the slightest bit interested in RP are invited. We will be discussing the state of RP in Age of Conan, what can be done to help RP guilds and players in need, and how we might better foster communication among RP guilds, ensure that players with interests matching a certain guild find the best possible place for them, and avoid OOC conflicts among guilds.

I created this topic so that the other topic on the state of RP can be better devoted to that issue. Please use this topic to state whether or not you will be able to come, and what times GMT you are best available to be joining us.

Would love to be a part but will be away this sunday
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

I've been gathering people from my guild, and passing the word about this get-together, but you still haven't posted a final time for the event? I sent you an in-game email as well, asking for confirmation.

Tentatively, you said afternoon last I checked. EST?

Alright, I've had RL schedule changes which means I won't be available for the best part of the day to host the event due to work. So I can host on Sunday until 12 am GMT, which is until 8 pm eastern time in the US. If not enough people can make this time, I may postpone the date. However, I will be on tomorrow regardless to see how many people I can get online for the gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    Alright, I've had RL schedule changes which means I won't be available for the best part of the day to host the event due to work. So I can host on Sunday until 12 am GMT, which is until 8 pm eastern time in the US. If not enough people can make this time, I may postpone the date. However, I will be on tomorrow regardless to see how many people I can get online for the gathering.
    Without a start time, no one knew what time you were going to be online, only what time you were ending. I went to Tessos and loiterned for an hour (between 3-4 PM EST). I tried to get more people to show up, but without any guarantee you were going to be there or have anyone else present, it just came off as a waste of people's time. No one wants to loiter around potentially all-day for someone who may or may not show up. :-(

Next time, if you want to organize something like this, I suggest you have a defined window of opportunity for people to show up and expect others to be there.

I logged in briefly and ran /who's on the people with whom I was planning on attending with, as well as the host, I didnt see anyone on so decided to go spend time leveling my ToS a bit more.

I hope that you can reschedule this and give an exact time period so people know when to log in.

My hours on Weekends are usually fairly open, but I do not do mornings in US time because that is time that I spend with my family.

Yeah, it's going to have to be rescheduled. I've had net issues all morning, and as soon as my net was stable enough for me to get online, my patcher went funky on me, loaded way too fast then wouldn't get me into the game.. Trying to remember how to fix this problem right now. Sorry folks

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    Yeah, it's going to have to be rescheduled. I've had net issues all morning, and as soon as my net was stable enough for me to get online, my patcher went funky on me, loaded way too fast then wouldn't get me into the game.. Trying to remember how to fix this problem right now. Sorry folks
    Fecal matter happens no worries
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

I am going to see and shoot for this Saturday. I keep trying to get good time windows for what time people are open, but I guess naming a time window is better, then seeing who can make it. It's going to be this coming Saturday starting 6 pm Eastern Time. I am hoping it will go for at least an hour. Maybe two. I will start with just IC introductions from all attending members and move on to discussing IC and OOC situations for attending members, guilds, etc. and what can be gained from communication with each other.

I apologize for the no-show this last Sunday, but short of any more network headaches or conan patcher refusing to work (I think it's working again, I was too tired to actually log in once I got it working last night) I will be there this Saturday to host this event.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast