Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conan College - tutorial site started!

Red face Conan College - tutorial site started!

Hey everyone,

finally I created the site I was always thinking about... A site, where players could find class guides, raid and dungeon tactics or guides for newbies easily! My goal is to collect as many as I can and also to create my own ones (text,video or picture illustrated). But before you go and check it, please don't forget the following important information:
    - I am NOT a real veteran player! I wasn't there at the beginning, just started to play 2 years ago.
    - I also haven't played all the classes and I won't write a guide by my own for these classes. I will look for someone else with experience.
    - All the videos and written guides are based on MY OWN experience! What I can guarantee is that the tactics I follow and represent are working, even if they are maybe not the best or easiest. There is always more ways to make a build or fight a boss. Please don't forget this!

If you would like to improve the site, post your own guide or video, you can contact me anytime on the site or ingame! (You can find the list of my characters on the site) In case you find an incorrect entry, please write a comment there!

Thanks and have fun on the site,
    Netsike

LINK: http://conancollege.com

Nice idea, aoc is in dire need of more online information, and it's downright rare to find people who have actually read a guide for new content they wanna do, which is why getting an Ai District or Pillars pug going is often a pain. In particular there aren't many raid guides out there, unless you go digging in guild forums. That said, there exist guides for most of the content in the game, even if it's not like most of the playerbase seems to use it. Maybe video guides, e.g. for new instances like Coils, would fill a vacuum? Hope you stick with it in any case.

Good luck with your site!
    Last edited by medke; 7th October 2014 at 06:45.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Good luck! Please be very careful what you post - always show references, test things yourself and don't be afraid to ask veterans of certain classes. For example most classes don't use General tree at least in PvE.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Red face

Thank you guys! Of course I'm careful with posting! As you can see there is no PvP section on the site, cause I don't play PvP... And obviously I don't want to write bullsh*t, so if there would be someone who would like to write a PvP guide, then I would post it (with credits). I want to make video tutorials for all the dungeons, not just for the harder ones. It's much better to see what's happening and read or hear the explanation meanwhile. The only problem is that it takes ages to record and edit all of them... I will try my best. :P

very nice graphics, had a laugh at how well you put degrees and hats on the images.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    very nice graphics, had a laugh at how well you put degrees and hats on the images.
    Thank you very much! I also laughed when I've first seen Conan with this hat and the degree in his hands while I was editing.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Hey everyone,

finally I created the site I was always thinking about... A site, where players could find class guides, raid and dungeon tactics or guides for newbies easily! My goal is to collect as many as I can and also to create my own ones (text,video or picture illustrated). But before you go and check it, please don't forget the following important information:
    - I am NOT a real veteran player! I wasn't there at the beginning, just started to play 2 years ago.
    - I also haven't played all the classes and I won't write a guide by my own for these classes. I will look for someone else with experience.
    - All the videos and written guides are based on MY OWN experience! What I can guarantee is that the tactics I follow and represent are working, even if they are maybe not the best or easiest. There is always more ways to make a build or fight a boss. Please don't forget this!

If you would like to improve the site, post your own guide or video, you can contact me anytime on the site or ingame! (You can find the list of my characters on the site) In case you find an incorrect entry, please write a comment there!

Thanks and have fun on the site,
    Netsike

LINK: http://conancollege.com
    Ha ha, nice site

You are free to re-post my guides if you like http://aochideout.blogspot.com/search/label/Guides

just link to the original post and you can copy whatever you want.
    Retired

Haha! Love the site
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Ha ha, nice site

You are free to re-post my guides if you like http://aochideout.blogspot.com/search/label/Guides

just link to the original post and you can copy whatever you want.
    Thanks! I follow your site for a longer time now and actually I wanted to write you and ask a few stuff. I'm happy you wrote first and soon I'll send you that message.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast