Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP hoppy toad movement

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post
    Double-step have energy restriction by i.e. energy drain.
    Double-step is not used as much. Its good to use to avoid a knockback or to do while hindered.

Putting energy drain on regular jumping is just a stupid idea. It would totally ruin AoC combat and make it much slower.

Besides, if the wind blows your direction you get staggered in this game. So that right there already slows things down more often than it should.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Default logical

It only makes sense to spend resources to perform abilities and activities. Stamina is consumed on combos, mana on spells and energy on movement. That should include bunnyhopping. It just makes pvp look retarded.

If funcom was to ever mess with that system again I'd also suggest revamping movement based on armortype. Having soldiers moving faster than clothies is also very retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgaarr View Post
    It only makes sense to spend resources to perform abilities and activities. Stamina is consumed on combos, mana on spells and energy on movement. That should include bunnyhopping. It just makes pvp look retarded.

If funcom was to ever mess with that system again I'd also suggest revamping movement based on armortype. Having soldiers moving faster than clothies is also very retarded.
    Or just leave well enough alone?

There is nothing wrong with jumping. It makes you need more skill to land combos and make others miss.

We don't need things being made worse. Anything Funcom tries to fix or make better only fails in the end. AoC combat is fun and no other MMO competes with it. So lets leave it as is.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

tbh what im reading is: i cant land my stuff, im gonna blame the jumping.

the only real problem with the bunny-hopping is that u can execute a mini teleport. but u have to be kinda pro to know how to use it and use it with any significance. i dont know of anyone who actively executes it.

jumping just changes the virtual height of a target, which follows the same path on ground as off ground. the only reason i see for ppl bunny hopping is because its more likely easier for most to switch directions because of that switch click u can do and not continue while in the air. bunny hopping is like hitting an auto run key for the duration of the jump, meaning u can set up your next jump while ur jumping, just having to hit the jump key when u land, making direction changes easy. considering u cant use abilities in the air it would be a bit of a self nerf to bunny hop instead of 'ground moving'.plus, bunny hopping is more predictable in nature.

if you cant take care of someone that is bunny hopping, you have yourself to blame,
    as far as realism goes, aoc's jumping is far down my list of priorities.

Neh, teleporting with jumps doesn't take skill, since it's tied to lags. But vanishing completely off the screen does take some effort

It needs skill to use that? Since when? The netcode is so bad it just desynchronises when bunnyjumping. The char or better the hitbox isnt where its shown. Thats why bunnyjumping is so effective. There is absolutely no skill needed to pull that off. It the same argumentation of the same "pros" who were and are defending comboskipping.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Neh, teleporting with jumps doesn't take skill, since it's tied to lags. But vanishing completely off the screen does take some effort
    lies, 0ms vs 0ms with the best of comp: u will execute the same kind of teleport. and as i said, no one seems to be executing it. like any other skill, lags prevents you from doing this 'teleport' at maximum efficiency. couple guys from rage know how to use it and were using for a breif amount of time until they stopped using it. havent seen the phenomenon since, plz fraps and upload to youtube if you do cuz im skeptical. performing this 'teleport' is along the same limes of combojumping and double tapping kbs as its in the code, but wasnt intended. this teleport can only be executed while jumping so dont bother uploading anything else.
    Last edited by hellstrikelegacy; 18th October 2014 at 02:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    It needs skill to use that? Since when? The netcode is so bad it just desynchronises when bunnyjumping. The char or better the hitbox isnt where its shown. Thats why bunnyjumping is so effective. There is absolutely no skill needed to pull that off. It the same argumentation of the same "pros" who were and are defending comboskipping.
    big difference is that very few support teleporting. even if in my opinion is does take skill to manage its usage (im not for it nontheless). 'Bunny-hopping' doenst desynchronise the netcode. if u follow the hit box with good latency youll be hitting your stuff if its all natural bunny hopping
    Last edited by hellstrikelegacy; 18th October 2014 at 03:04.

Are you talking about the mini teleports you can do with quick mid-air turns? Many good pvpers do that when kiting and yes it's not about latency, it worked fine on EU servers with 20ms. It's not hard to do IMO but you're right not that not many people use it (and even fewer use it well).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Are you talking about the mini teleports you can do with quick mid-air turns? Many good pvpers do that when kiting and yes it's not about latency, it worked fine on EU servers with 20ms. It's not hard to do IMO but you're right not that not many people use it (and even fewer use it well).
    ye, but lets not get into details

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast