Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The class pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    DT is such an easy class to avoid in PvP. I think that is why there isn't as much QQ about them from PvP.

They dish out great damage, but are also really easy to control. Conqs and Guards are far more OP in PvP to me.

This is coming from me playing my Barb 99% of the time.
    I got guard pvp 7 with full t2 set, t3 craft pole full pve khitai **** and all this.
    and then pvp 8 conq with mostly t2 pvp set, maybe 1 small part is t1 and some acessories , but.
    and then ofc pvp 7 dt with some t4, weapon,legs.. bb ring.. pvp t2 stuff

but i can honestly say that guard is far the easiest, most simple, from all those three, and its even the strongest of them in group pvp
    for open pvp id rather take conq but in minis its silly op too..
    but dt? open pvp meh sucks, minis? well it can be good vs punk ass team who got no idea what to do -.-

this is literally how easily dt die without healing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIFa...Q5XWN5GEL_GdZQ

Quote Originally Posted by razorkid10 View Post
    and dt dies like cloth armor once u drain his mana, honestly ranger or sin for example just dominates dt's
    meh about sin dominating dts. lets just say that if a sin has a used cc break and dt has dooming presence, that sin is in some serious trouble
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

I got guard pvp 7 with full t2 set, t3 craft pole full pve khitai **** and all this.
    and then pvp 8 conq with mostly t2 pvp set, maybe 1 small part is t1 and some acessories , but.

but i can honestly say that guard is far the easiest, most simple, from all those three, and its even the strongest of them in group pvp
    but dt? open pvp meh sucks, minis? well it can be good vs punk ass team who got no idea what to do -.-

I agree Guard is the easiest of the 3.

I always find it funny when people complain to me about not being able to get away from a DT. My DT is 65% towards PvP 9 but I can't get into it anymore.

Anyone who has half a brain knows how to handle a DT. So you can be shut down fairly easy in minis. They are great at farming a noob team though
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by farmpom View Post
    meh about sin dominating dts. lets just say that if a sin has a used cc break and dt has dooming presence, that sin is in some serious trouble
    well then praise the lord for lotus overdose
    dullpain
    and dt's seem to have incredibly BAD *****ING luck hitting D atleat from my exprience miss like1/4 from combos -.- but yea cats paw might work vs dt.
    but really, good sin >>>>>>dt anytime

This is so true.
    Guard is one of the most simple class in game. Few combos, stance dance and roll.
    Conq is beast in good hands and has great potential but most are just fails. They survive a lot but dont do much.
    Dt is steamroller in pug minis since many baddies are there or there is no team play and people just chase easy targets for kills. But like you said its easy to lock or to render useless. 1 ranger can shut him down pretty fast for example.

Well, it's also pretty easy to shut down a guard with a bs, dt or conq But just like shutting down a dt/conq (+pom), that actually takes time and draws you away from other targets which might be more important. Don't get me wrong, shutting down a good tank isn't a complete waste of time but it's rarely the best thing to do especially in premades where I would assume the non-tank classes are good players and should be focused - and dts do generally shine in premades.

In pugs, it might make sense to focus a tank if he's like the best player on that team. Most mini maps are also pretty small and the dt's low mobility/range isn't such a big deal (think LT/HV in particular) even more so with all the CCs flying around. Sure, it's easier to lock out a dt than a conq or guard but that doesn't change the fact that they are tanks and take ages to die while hitting you like a truck and healing themselves.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Well, it's also pretty easy to shut down a guard with a bs, dt or conq But just like shutting down a dt/conq (+pom), that actually takes time and draws you away from other targets which might be more important. Don't get me wrong, shutting down a good tank isn't a complete waste of time but it's rarely the best thing to do especially in premades where I would assume the non-tank classes are good players and should be focused - and dts do generally shine in premades.

In pugs, it might make sense to focus a tank if he's like the best player on that team. Most mini maps are also pretty small and the dt's low mobility/range isn't such a big deal (think LT/HV in particular) even more so with all the CCs flying around. Sure, it's easier to lock out a dt than a conq or guard but that doesn't change the fact that they are tanks and take ages to die while hitting you like a truck and healing themselves.
    when i play dt, i dont feel being superior, but when i play guard, hell i can get 40-1 in balanced js game, that is completly ridicilous dt requires so much more combos to use, so much lower range and yes you do feel it when you have 200-400 ms, not to mention mind wrack is completly usless stun when every rogue run with avoid entarlgment, lol, its just free stun resist for them -.-

anyways, every soldier can be cool, but playing dt is most rewarding in pvp and you can really tell who is bad or good dt, this same thing you cant see in pugs when u compare guards for example, sure there is guards who shine over others, but its harder to see from bad or average player

not to mention guards been one shotting people since launch,

guard at 2010 november dmg testing its just ridicilous, storm strike + instant pi = dead any cloth / light or medium armor
    also guard was able to take out 5k with aoe dmg from other player around the main target -.-
    Last edited by razorkid10; 7th October 2014 at 16:17.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post

I agree dt is very easy class to play and even on pvp 3 im doing pretty good and getting kills. Tanks are very forgiving in pvp. I do however think that it is smart thing to cc tanks in minis and not just letting them come at your clothies while you chase easy kills in their team.
    And when i said ranger can make dt useless i ment with dots and drains, and poof mana gone.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I agree dt is very easy class to play and even on pvp 3 im doing pretty good and getting kills. Tanks are very forgiving in pvp. I do however think that it is smart thing to cc tanks in minis and not just letting them come at your clothies while you chase easy kills in their team.
    And when i said ranger can make dt useless i ment with dots and drains, and poof mana gone.
    I play a guard and a hox aswell as dt, i must say: for me to kill a player with dt i need to use dubble amount of combos as razor said☺
    With guard i can just pop vulcanic rage+stormstrike and reckoning+ a counterweight. Usually barbs and sins are dead only by that ×D. Pluss when on dt people usually runs away☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

well then praise the lord for lotus overdose
    dullpain
    and dt's seem to have incredibly BAD *****ING luck hitting D atleat from my exprience miss like1/4 from combos -.- but yea cats paw might work vs dt.
    but really, good sin >>>>>>dt anytime
    heh must admit, been playing aod for ages

wouldnt dark burden mess the sin up tho?
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast