Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guardian tanking, stats, AA's

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Aiming shileds at the side the boss usually hits? And how do you know this side?
    Mobs have three basic melee hits, piercing, crushing and slashing. Not sure if there are actually cases where they do switch, but as a rule, they use one of those three melee attacks.
    So that is why, in Malice tanks put shields to the right (ctrl 33) because the sisters do Piercing damage and hit on your right side. The adds in Malice do slashing and add killers put shields to the left (ctrl 11) to minimize incoming damage. Flame boss in Monastery do crushing so place shields to the top (ctrl 22).

Look at the combat log, if you get more of one type than the other, place shield accordingly. They help a lot!
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    Mobs have three basic melee hits, piercing, crushing and slashing. Not sure if there are actually cases where they do switch, but as a rule, they use one of those three melee attacks.
    So that is why, in Malice tanks put shields to the right (ctrl 33) because the sisters do Piercing damage and hit on your right side. The adds in Malice do slashing and add killers put shields to the left (ctrl 11) to minimize incoming damage. Flame boss in Monastery do crushing so place shields to the top (ctrl 22).

Look at the combat log, if you get more of one type than the other, place shield accordingly. They help a lot!
    Lol awesome , except in malice i havent spent any attention to this yet , but now I will
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Stop that urban legend about damage type and shields PLEASE!
    Coming from moderator it is even worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSL4ZYRgdvI (thank you Stian)
    Last edited by medke; 19th September 2014 at 17:20.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

haha, now i have to question moderator even if i get infractions! somehow i trust blinking shields on my screen more than any crap that's written on forums :P

This must be AoC's most stuborn myth. I've seen full T4 soldiers that still actually believe it.

Funcom employees spreading it however is something new.

next we get told to jump on burning skin at reliquary of flame to avoid dmg :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    next we get told to jump on burning skin at reliquary of flame to avoid dmg :P
    lol always wondered about that one. Flame HM was the first HM i learned to do in Khitai and never was I instructed to jump at burning skin Later I would see people do it in pugs and even get yelled at for not doing it, and I always thought "Why the hell would I be jumping"? oh well, some myths die hard like the shield thingy
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    This must be AoC's most stuborn myth. I've seen full T4 soldiers that still actually believe it.

Funcom employees spreading it however is something new.
    He is not an employee. Mods are volunteers.

He is however incorrect. While setting shields a certain direction does not affect damage type, it blocks the direction they are hitting. Example is malice as the sisters only attack the same direction.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    haha, now i have to question moderator even if i get infractions!
    As long as you don't question the moderation, anything we say as players is open to discussion.

In any case, if you have a doubt about a game mechanism, do it the old way: test it yourself
    Short cuts make long delays.

actually i think i have proved it few times that dpsing on fire skin has no effect, like using holy cleansing should kill me by the myth.. it didn't... actually it just gave prot buff to group for that dot and pretty nice dps buff from helping out tanks. :P still waiting a lightning strike to kill me...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast