Thread: My frames go down every 8-10 minutes.

Default My frames go down every 8-10 minutes.

Hi, I haven't change anything on my computer or the AoC settings but 1 or 2 months ago I started to have a problemevery 8 or 10 minutes my frames go from around 40 fps to 3-4 fps for a couple of seconds. I can play but it's really annoying. Do you have any idea?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

The more obvious questions first :

1) Are there some new program running in the background ?
    2) Are you playing in fullscreen or windowed ?
    3) What did change recently on your computer ?
    4) Are all the drivers up-to-date an working properly ?
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

1)Not that I know. (If I've seen a process eating my resources I wuldn't make the thread...) Funnny fact when the drop of Fps I've never seen my CPU runing at more than 30-40% and half of my RAM is free.

2)windowed

3)Nothing that I know.

4)The driver is updated but I don't know if it works properly.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

Could be memory (RAM) related, investigate how much free ram you have at the moment of stutter. If it gets leaked, that could be the symptom you describing. I would also try installing aoc on different hdd/sdd.

ok, I think that I know what is happening, is the CPU. I'd always watched at the CPU usage and I'd seen 25-30% of use and thought I was covered for this side but now I've monitorized each core and I've seen that the game only runs on one core that its at 90-95% alone and the others don't do nothing and at the total cpu use it shows that I have less than 30% of usage. That the problem when this core is overload the game freeze for some seconds.

So the solution is simple I have to disable even my own particles and reduce distance view.

PD: my cpu is an AMD FX6100, do you think changeing it for a fx4350 will improve the performance?
    Last edited by xiulo88; 19th September 2014 at 07:41.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    ok, I think that I know what is happening, is the CPU. I'd always watched at the CPU usage and I'd seen 25-30% of use and thought I was covered for this side but now I've monitorized each core and I've seen that the game only runs on one core that its at 90-95% alone and the others don't do nothing and at the total cpu use it shows that I have less than 30% of usage. That the problem when this core is overload the game freeze for some seconds.

So the solution is simple I have to disable even my own particles and reduce distance view.

PD: my cpu is an AMD FX6100, do you think changeing it for a fx4350 will improve the performance?
    Yeah, AoC is very much cpu bound, in part due to it being mostly single-threaded. So to increase performance, you want a cpu that performs the better for single threaded applications.

Here is a pretty extensive comparison:
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Looking at that, yes the fx4350 will be better than the fx6100, but there are many better options than either of those.

So it all comes down to what you are willing to spend, and don't forget you may need to change motherboards for some CPU models.

An FX based processor shouldn't be having any sort of issue. Have you done ctrl+alt+del, and navigated to Performance?
    Or better yet, clicked "show processes from all users" in the Processes tab.
    I had a friend have the same problem, turned out to be McAfee eating up all the processor usage since the free trial had ended. Nice marketing...

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    An FX based processor shouldn't be having any sort of issue. Have you done ctrl+alt+del, and navigated to Performance?
    Or better yet, clicked "show processes from all users" in the Processes tab.
    I had a friend have the same problem, turned out to be McAfee eating up all the processor usage since the free trial had ended. Nice marketing...
    I've had similar problems lately in open pvp with massive fps drops (100+ down to below 25) in wildlands, especially in tesso, while entrance to sanctum of burning souls entrance area is perfect. other areas would be khemi and some other areas when many players are around. like the OP I've checked my systems load only to find just 3 of 8 gb ram used in total, cpu at 30%, gpu below 50% load on average. After noticing the the game runs mostly on one core I OCed my cpu to as much as the cooler can handle and et viola, performance was bumped quite a bit.
    I once used some mod to block intros and also force the game to use all availlable cores, but that doesn't seem to change much in terms of using the cores equally. Gotta check if forcing to use just 2 cores will improve performance or not.
    Any tips for settings like visual range, hud and such to improve fps further in open world pvp with many players?
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 20th September 2014 at 17:51.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    I've had similar problems lately in open pvp with massive fps drops (100+ down to below 25) in wildlands, especially in tesso, while entrance to sanctum of burning souls entrance area is perfect. other areas would be khemi and some other areas when many players are around. like the OP I've checked my systems load only to find just 3 of 8 gb ram used in total, cpu at 30%, gpu below 50% load on average. After noticing the the game runs mostly on one core I OCed my cpu to as much as the cooler can handle and et viola, performance was bumped quite a bit.
    I once used some mod to block intros and also force the game to use all availlable cores, but that doesn't seem to change much in terms of using the cores equally. Gotta check if forcing to use just 2 cores will improve performance or not.
    Any tips for settings like visual range, hud and such to improve fps further in open world pvp with many players?
    wild lands does that. After a LENGTHY discussion with funcom tech support they finally came out and said it is a problem with the code that "crept back in" I assume it's the same problem as with the rice paddies in Paikang and Chosain.