Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of you will get mad but...

Default Some of you will get mad but...

... Finally tried the conqueror (never used any Soldier class since 2008), and wow... I just faceroll the mobs by pack of 3 minimum. It feels a bit cheap. Also noticed that almost every buff / feat has crazy + x% weapon damage, starting from 10% to even 75% (for adding only 3 points into a feat that increase the damage on not a few combos like other classes but all of them).

It's not a complain as I don't really care about PvP, but wow just wow.. Now I understand why almost every new melee character is Conq.
    Last edited by Saadiah; 13th September 2014 at 11:42.

hmmmm, there isnt any +75% bonus to all combos - as i recall you refer to 2nd in carnage tree where it is about enlarging by those 75% only starters - tho still huge impact imo

yes conq is faceroll class no matter what - there were approaches to try to balance him or nerf a bit but looks like all is coming back to pre fix pretty much, change back to the pre 4.3 bfc mechanics - so imo conq will stay very forgiving class with this idea - i would say out of hat

yes conq got tremondous survivalability with famous doubble mcbubble spec and can kill very fast with end feat carnage spec or some wierd hybrids played by not many players out there that also work ace - anyway there is plenty of choices and you can still as being conq perform over other classes

Edit by Anzu: Off-topic.
    Last edited by Anzu; 13th September 2014 at 14:03.

Edit by Anzu: DSO.
    Last edited by Anzu; 13th September 2014 at 14:04.

If you think conq is easy to level try a DT. When i leveled my dt recently i never left frenzy stance for the 1st 40 or so levels and now that im lvl 80 i still play in frenzy most of the time. I have both and the ease of the dt kinda makes me ill.

conqs are the best
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    conqs are the best
    all the class specifics apart, the thing I like the most about conqueror is the versaility in playstyles. You can go turtle tanky mode or you can go dual wield and wreck stuff like a barbarian. Not to mention, conqs are still one of the best buff/debuff/support classes in the game with its utilities.

To me DT gets boring after you get some decent gear and VoM. Sure the dps is crazy but I enjoy other aspects not just flying numbers and topping parses.

Grats on getting Conq, and enjoy the ride.

I leveled mine as carnage in permanent frenzy stance for the challenge, that was before the revamp which hardly affected carnage anyways. It was somewhat difficult for a new player. After discovering stance dancing, weapon swapping, and exploring the Brute tree, I found the conq to be a very fun and versatile class. You get almost the same gameplay as the barbarian, but with the ability to really tank things.

Have fun with your conq, it's really hard to build a conq badly with feats, as compared to some other classes. Practically all of the feats in the feat trees are good.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    Grats on getting Conq, and enjoy the ride.

I leveled mine as carnage in permanent frenzy stance for the challenge, that was before the revamp which hardly affected carnage anyways. It was somewhat difficult for a new player. After discovering stance dancing, weapon swapping, and exploring the Brute tree, I found the conq to be a very fun and versatile class. You get almost the same gameplay as the barbarian, but with the ability to really tank things.

Have fun with your conq, it's really hard to build a conq badly with feats, as compared to some other classes. Practically all of the feats in the feat trees are good.
    Nah, I played until lvl 20 to get a rough idea of the class. I've never liked to play OP/very strong classes are they tend to be really boring with a cruel lack of challenge (aka fun). So I'd rather stick with my HoX who seems to have much more various skills/gameplay than conq, at least to me.

High DPS, High survivability, Highest armor, can tank... can't see where's the fun unless you're lazy and with all the conq rerolls I suppose there's quite a lot of them. Kinda sad to have a single class overshadowing others like Barbarian. Back in the days, they used to have meaningful differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Saadiah View Post
    Nah, I played until lvl 20 to get a rough idea of the class. I've never liked to play OP/very strong classes are they tend to be really boring with a cruel lack of challenge (aka fun). So I'd rather stick with my HoX who seems to have much more various skills/gameplay than conq, at least to me.

High DPS, High survivability, Highest armor, can tank... can't see where's the fun unless you're lazy and with all the conq rerolls I suppose there's quite a lot of them. Kinda sad to have a single class overshadowing others like Barbarian. Back in the days, they used to have meaningful differences.
    the "fun" factor is subjetive...
    try to play the conq as intended...tank something, you have less armor and a lot less protection than the other tanks. but yeah they are easy to level.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Saadiah View Post

Heh, having high potential and realizing that potential are two different things. Of the three soldier classes, Conq is probably the most difficult to pull off because of all the different things going on compared to the other two soldiers. Though I could be badly mistaken and generalizing, as I am not that good on my conq.

If you want a challenge from a class, besides the HoX, the Bear Shaman can be rather intensive to manage. Lots of things you need to keep juggling in order to maximize your potential.

HoX is probably one of the hardest classes in the game to level, along with maybe the Assassin. It takes a while and you die a lot until you get really familiar and good with your class. Compared to it, all other classes will look easy.

To me at least, a boring class is one where you don't have very many skills to manage in order to maximize potential. That means most of the caster classes. Leveling PoM was a drag for me. I'm now trying to level a ToS and it's been even worse. I could never get into Demo, and necro of all the casters seems to be the most interactive.

Really, it's about what happens at level 80 that matters. I think it's good to try and expand out and try other roles. You didn't enjoy your conq so far it seems. But try something else, you might find what you're looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast