Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum update

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The only positive that I have seen is that it lets you search more often without having to wait.

Otherwise, its too bright, too wide, font is smaller and harder to read, new post option is on left side now and takes more effort to check things when people are right handed.

Maybe the marks forum read button now works also, I think it never did much before.

Visually it appears that the vertical component has been squished down 25 percent or so or more.
    Why is the word 'forum' blocked out in my post above this one?

And is anyone else getting bogus AOC surveys and ads under the 'reply to thread' marker?

About the layout:

It's only natural that change comes with resistance, and a bit of time will train our eyes to the new forum. But, that isn't to say there are bad design decisions all over it. Color and typographical contrast is non-existent and it makes the UI a big pale clump, weird color coding and symbols instead of big bold "you cant miss this" type of highlighting means you have to go in and try stuff out, memorize, learn and only then can you use the forums with ease. Yes, when you get familiarized with it it's ok, but for "untrained" eyes it's very difficult to navigate. That is bad design, no way around it, and you guys still wave that off like it's a joke. It's not a matter of liking or disliking beige. To top it off, it's extremely generic. Why make a bad, generic site? Take it on the chin and get some professional help. Design is not a matter of taste, a lot of people miss that but you should know better.

Navigation issue: Forum index site is list-of-forums as it should be, but the TL forum index site is list-of-boards, which means you can't navigate back to normal forums when you go there. Change the current TL forum index from "Forum" to "Forum->Testlive forum".
    Last edited by Belawen; 12th September 2014 at 07:03.

- The color scheme is awful und not at all fitting to the title picture which is more orange and brown.
    - Background color makes text appear grey even it's actually black.
    - There are two kinds of emotes: and , the second (new one) so small it barely can be identified

Question:

• How do I reply without a quote?

A game website from a professional company shouldn't look generic and badly colored, it should look great and be immersive into the gameworld. pay someone with a keen eye for cool webdesign to make it look like Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and not some 2014 generic template.

Red face Improvements I'd like to see (v2)

• Threads with new posts are marked with a TINY BLUE "DOT" Either change the color (red/purple/pink?) or make it SUBSTANTIALY BIGGER
    • Standard font and size are to small. Change font and size for better reading: Standard size 3 Arial Black standard size Arial Black size 3
    • The layout for fotumheaders when subforums are present is horrible! Give every sub-forum its own line or increase the character size.
    • When editing text, incomprehensable text is posted on top of the original option boxes below your text. Also the box "Reason for editing"and "Title" are not aligned with their headers. This happens AFTER you use preview!!!
    • Advanced Search: In the old forums the default search options included "standard" selection criteria that limited your search range like "English Forum" or "Quests".
    • In the new forums you have to ACTIVLY (a.k.a. MANUALLY) switch from "Search Multiple Content Types" (Tab 2) to "Search Single Content Type" (Tab 1). Please make Tab 1 the default.
    • Please bring the forums colorscheme more in line with the "Age of Conan Unchained" banner. (Darker/Orange for borders, Lighter/Yellow for text boxes) The current colourscheme is making me cross-eyed and gaving me a headache.
    • Please bring back ALL the old smiley's. GOOD: BAD:

Not your whole community is reading this on their mobilephone you know, some of us are old school and use old school pc's and/or laptops
    Last edited by HaremBunny; 12th September 2014 at 11:55.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

My constructive comment: I hope you will improve the look of the new forum, right now feels like one you could download froma every free forum web.

See you arround
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

I don't see an option to change my forum avatar anymore.

Also the racial selection on the forum profile should say "Khitain" not Khitai.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 12th September 2014 at 12:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearthis View Post
    I don't see an option to change my forum avatar anymore.

Also the racial selection on the forum profile should say "Khitain" not Khitai.
    *Khitan even!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    New forum format needs to go away.
    Well I will answer the obvious question since Tomium seems to be avoiding it...

I learned that the new version of vbulletin breaks all previous themes, and its impossible to export/import old themes.

They would have to manually redesign the old theme from scratch and they obviously won't do that.

So its pointless to beg them to go back.

I am also rather inclined to not bother with this forum anymore, just because this random ugly theme they generated took all of 5 minutes.

It really shows how little this company cares about anything they do for their customers, they could have at least offline tested a better theme and made sure functionality was done before releasing.

So thats that.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast