Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum update

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    The majority of the issues that have been brought up here have been resolved (minus the "I hate it, and I hate you" comments, of course). Thank you for your patience.

As you go about your day, please feel free to let us know of further issues or suggestions you may have.
    Is it not possible to put the old style back and allow people to switch between it if they choose using the style button in lower left?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

As you go about your day, please feel free to let us know of further issues or suggestions you may have.
    I hope you understand that this new layout lacks design elements that apart from their aesthetic purpose have a clear technical purpose to visually make the things stick out and make the reading experience less frustrating.

This is just a bunch of unsorted text on the page that makes no visual sense. This version of forum lacks graphic elements to make it contemporary looking, so my suggestion is to aim for as close visuals to the old layout as possible, that includes the more sophisticated background, better banner, more visible quote windows, FC official posts having different colored background and the list goes on what elements are missing comparing to previous layout.

So, I really hope as you say that this is "unfinished product", as it is quite obvious that this not an upgrade but a bunch of elements with no serious design behind it.
    Last edited by Redd; 11th September 2014 at 14:48.

Top Left submenu.
    Ok thanks i have found it .
    I am on Windows Phone and just saw "what's new" . I did probably just not look carefully enough , anyway i have it now
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Why not update all the ancient forum rules and stickies and make them relevant to the current state of the game/forum.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    Why use resourses on this? There is a million other things that is more important to fix. I dont understand Funcoms priorities. Is there some behind the scenes stuff going on here that we dont know about that makes this change nessesary?
    remove your ADblock and u see the answer, they getting money with this now )

How many people are seeing ads? You definitely shouldn't be, we are not showing any ads on our forums (I've seen a couple of posts)

1. The color combinations are hard on my eyes now. Its a brighter "orangish" background.

2. Its not as intuitive, and I liked it better when I didn't have to chose which 'new posts' I wanted to see (plus putting new posts on the left side now makes more cumbersome to have to pull the mouse to the left to see new posts).

3. If the font was bigger and the background less 'bright' that would be nice. Do forums have a way of choosing font size for reading?

4. I would rather see the New Posts on the right side again. With the 'basics' on the left, such as FAQ, Community, Forum actions, Quick links.

Change the colors. There's too much beige.... even the chatbox is beige until you click on it.

Edit: Also, there is no dev tracker on testlive.
    Last edited by Fearthis; 11th September 2014 at 16:08.

On testlive forum doesn't have "Dev Tracker" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    How many people are seeing ads? You definitely shouldn't be, we are not showing any ads on our forums (I've seen a couple of posts)
    Not me but I'm one of those asshats using adblock.

Can you change the Dev tracker to display individual posts rather than the full thread? Can I change it myself? I want to read the post rather than having to look through an entire thread. Easier to miss out posts this way.
    Last edited by Fass; 11th September 2014 at 17:29.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast