Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FunCom please close PvP on Crom

Default FunCom please close PvP on Crom

Please close any aspect of PvP on Crom as it is ridiculous.
    I am originally located on Fury but due to the low population I created a toon and I do only PvP there.

I was in CE on PvP-festival week. PvP means here: put a toon of an alternate account beside resspad and farm him allover until the 5-15-40 killquest is done. Any other events are just boring due to less players and the less that are playing just run away or go in hide.

Minigames are the same: people go in hide or afk or they log off at the very start and so block the slot until they timeout. If they go in fight, most of them have no clue what to do, thrilling fights for flag and win are rare.

So, please close all aspects of pvp on Crom with the option of free transfers Crom -> Fury, pvp affine players will move to Fury and all will end well.
    Last edited by Hopsing; 8th September 2014 at 06:09.

Also close any aspect of PvE on fury as it is ridiculous. It's clear that nobody does both. Would make the game so much better.. Right?

rather than close any aspect of the game, there needs to be a push to increase the priority of phase 3 of server merges (cross-server minigames and raids).

Maybe Funcom don't believe enough people want it.

It's not a matter that it's too hard. It's a matter that they are not willing to invest the time and money towards that aspect hence it was "pushed back indefinitely".
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Hopsing may be Funcom must close PvP on Fury too? Think about it when you see anyone go afk or use hide on Fury

What I hate is people leeching/AFK for entire minigames, so maybe we could have an autokick system where after 1 minute AFK you are kicked out of the mini with coward's shame and/or a system that would detect whether you have dealt or received any damage at all for an x period of time?

I saw more people afking on Fury, I only seen people afk in Jhebbal on Crom but thats a circus anyhow.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    What I hate is people leeching/AFK for entire minigames, so maybe we could have an autokick system where after 1 minute AFK you are kicked out of the mini with coward's shame and/or a system that would detect whether you have dealt or received any damage at all for an x period of time?
    The second suggestion sounds better to me. The problem is, you can not enforce things here.

There are reward oriented leechers who play clearly with a defined reward/time ratio...they will only stop leeching when action will be more rewarding. As with the pvp quests and festivals. The design encourages farming, just like bori encouraged hitting rocks.
    Now, if you use punishments, those people will either start cheating or stop playing. The way should be here, to make it either impossible in a fair way (very complicated, but maybe possible...autokick or votekick or more guards etc. is NOT a working way imo though) or make fightclubbing and leeching the way slower alternative than actually pvping.

The other aspect is fun. The more fun it is to fight, the less people will leech and afk. This is subjective, but i doubt many would consider being insulted, bullyied, farmed or constantly demotivated in a video game fun. Plenty of working suggestions here already on the forums and TL too.

Really no need to disable anything here. Fixing sounds way better to me.

- reward participation (active one)
    - make a consequence system to actions
    - introduce more stats and evaluations
    - balance rewards according to challenge
    - fix exploits (and adress them as such)
    - expand servers again at one time or adjust the engine to permanent synchronizing
    etc. etc.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 8th September 2014 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    I am originally located on Fury but due to the low population I created a toon and I do only PvP there.

I was in CE on PvP-festival week. PvP means here: put a toon of an alternate account beside resspad and farm him allover until the 5-15-40 killquest is done. Any other events are just boring due to less players and the less that are playing just run away or go in hide.

Minigames are the same: people go in hide or afk or they log off at the very start and so block the slot until they timeout. If they go in fight, most of them have no clue what to do, thrilling fights for flag and win are rare.

So, please close all aspects of pvp on Crom with the option of free transfers Crom -> Fury, pvp affine players will move to Fury and all will end well.
    OP is 100% right. I would also delete all the PvE on Fury so all the pve affine moved to Crom! /sarcasm off

Now serious question: what about all the players who enjoy both pvp and pve?

Whats the name of your toon on Crom? I had a lot fun in CE during the pvp event, eventhough Im not in guild with a lot of pvpers I spent most of the time there fighting, had cca 800 kills, 600 deaths, earned cca 250k pvp exp... Although it wasnt all perfect it was far better than you describe. I bet you didnt spent there more than couple of hours.

PS. Arent you that lowbie pom who kept sending me hatetells for like 10mins, because I killed him twice in a minigame? He claimed he has pvp 10 PoM on Fury.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    A lot easier to say than done, mate.

Regarding the AFK: what stops the afkers from moving a bit every cca 50 seconds to avert the afk kick?

Regarding the dmg dealt thing: imagine a scenario where you annihilated the opposing team, they are all in hide or with the shield on the ress and only thing whats left is to cap the remaining flags and before the tank caps the last one, you get kicked because it's already been 2 mins since the loser started afking/hidding. Similar thing can happen to you in TT while capping quarters.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post

Think a little before post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast