Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RP Partner/Group?

Ouch, it looks cool even i hate pve But i missed whole last year coz of army issue And tbh - event once per 3 years is a bad statement for rp or anything else.

Every 3 years?
    Obviously I can't speak for the former EU servers and the level of RP you had there.

But speaking for Wiccana, Set and now Crom I've seen and participated in:

Open World RP adventures
    RP dungeons
    RP-PvP sieges (Invicta vs. EOS comes to mind, the later ones were... Well, I hope Satetka had a blast)
    RP-PvP manhunts
    RP-PvP battles (Amazons, Invicta, Sahada Berjara, The Fallen)
    Innumerable RP-PvP duels
    Regular Social Events (Invicta, Sahada Berjara, Bloodline, AE)
    RP-PvP Championships and tournaments
    In-guild RP storylines and plots spread over several months involving both PvE and PvP

And that's just my own experiences. Plenty of other guilds were around doing their own thing and sometimes crisscrossing each other.
    All on a regular basis until that last event I linked. That's when ESO hit the market.

But to say that RP has been blah-blah and hump-rump since 2009 is pure rubbish
    Last edited by Lleilwin; 17th October 2014 at 05:46.
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

That was on US servers. I was on EU. And now Crom... What fun can be there if you cant go and kill someone wherever you want? True killers or robbers shouldnt wait when their prey will go to farm some bori sh!t. As i said, most part of RP is about passive bla-bla making in tavern or somewhere else. No heads rolling out, no women cries, no burning villages. No fun.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 17th October 2014 at 07:58.

RP-PvP is not "okay, now we all ready so lets go to pvp location and start a duel". Have you ever tried a thing like RP gank? Im sure that never. It is true rp pvp

In your opinion

To me RP is where all involved are having fun. Gank is rather onesided *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    In your opinion

To me RP is where all involved are having fun. Gank is rather onesided *shrugs*
    Yes and now RP-fun mainly consists of people imagining to have sex with each others pixels :,)
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Apparently so. To each their own, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    Yes and now RP-fun mainly consists of people imagining to have sex with each others pixels :,)
    Funny how this seems to enrage people more than people imagining (or actually doing so) killing and bashing in pixel skulls with other pixels. But then a again not so funny and surprised, if you remember that the servers moved to the U.S. ... (nothing about the country, just about the different approach to censorship and these two things in average).

Lorewise BOTH should fit a conan rpg quite well, but this might be just my opinion. And just as with movies, there are good and bad ones and a lot of how you judge them depends on mood and circumstance.

Problems always come when people mix IC and OOC or try to solve OOC issues IC. It is not exchangeable though, can't hurt to solve IC issues OOCly.

This judgemental approach of many players (especially non roleplayers who even post completely offtopic stuff in a roleplaying thread or ingame trolls who make fun of open rp) is really unhealthy and unnecessary. Also the official neglectance of small and medium guilds by content design is too (resulting in more and more individuals just logging in a bit and checking forums, rather than be shown as online for a long time). And you can't blame the players for kicking out the rp server tag and stopping support for rp stuff completely (no, having to participate in a grind to get more useless vanity pets is NOT rp. Giving more locations, emotes, easy accessible cultural looking stuff, ease of communication tools, customization etc. IS).
    On a positive side: the new preview icon of the hairstyles is good. Easier to see now what you buy.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th October 2014 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Funny how this seems to enrage people more than people imagining (or actually doing so) killing and bashing in pixel skulls with other pixels. But then a again not so funny and surprised, if you remember that the servers moved to the U.S. ... (nothing about the country, just about the different approach to censorship and these two things in average).

Lorewise BOTH should fit a conan rpg quite well, but this might be just my opinion. And just as with movies, there are good and bad ones and a lot of how you judge them depends on mood and circumstance.

Problems always come when people mix IC and OOC or try to solve OOC issues IC. It is not exchangeable though, can't hurt to solve IC issues OOCly.

This judgemental approach of many players (especially non roleplayers who even post completely offtopic stuff in a roleplaying thread or ingame trolls who make fun of open rp) is really unhealthy and unnecessary. Also the official neglectance of small and medium guilds by content design is too (resulting in more and more individuals just logging in a bit and checking forums, rather than be shown as online for a long time). And you can't blame the players for kicking out the rp server tag and stopping support for rp stuff completely (no, having to participate in a grind to get more useless vanity pets is NOT rp. Giving more locations, emotes, easy accessible cultural looking stuff, ease of communication tools, customization etc. IS).
    On a positive side: the new preview icon of the hairstyles is good. Easier to see now what you buy.
    What are you talking ?
    1) it doesn't enrage me or did you see any words expressing my anger ? Guess not
    2) what should enrage one about pvp ? - well some hardcore pve players actually deny pvp as an act of cruelty and stupidity.

BUT: 2 males sitting behind their computer , imagining sexual interactions in a video game or even feeling attracted by pixels is more than simply ridiculous .
    When I came across a mod forum for skyrim and people talked about "sexy" armor they also mentioned their goal to make girls more beautiful than in real life . Well my question if that's a joke got so many dislikes that it was taken out .
    And Kurt, it is no problem for me if you feel attracted by a drawn female character , but that doesn't mean I will stop laughing
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I guess that just shows a small mind *shrugs*
    When you think about it, the amount of creative and skilled writing it must take for a man or woman to make another party aroused by "pixels", seems quite more impressive than PvP "skills".

Hammer away at a pixellated foe or bedmate. Who cares?
    At least the ERPers don't boast their conquests in global like the PvP Kiddies

Laugh away, trolls We've have all seen your kind so many many times before

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast