Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolrd Boss needs to check how many players are on World

Default Wolrd Boss needs to check how many players are on World

On Rage today we had almost every level 80 player online in a Raid and after 3 hours could only get the Sept. World Boss down to 80 percent health. Now unless you intend players to spend 15 hours trying to kill this thing, Funcom, your plan didn't work.

So, I suggest that the World Boss has maybe three versions that all have the same loot tables, but are adjusted to the number of players on the server when it spawns.

How many players was that and at what time was it?

What would happen to the world boss if it spawned and there was only one or two players on line and then a lot of people would suddenly log in and come to kill the world boss? It would die in two hit?

The problem seems more complicated then your post seems to say.
    This is a group event that needs lots of players. Like the raids. If there is not enough players, I suggest you do something else, like dungeons or solo play. It would be unfair for players to get the same loot but in a much easier way then others.

Have you considered moving your character to Crom, there is a lot of players there, enough for the world boss encounter.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
    Ambarb Barbarian / Full T4 (Thank you Tainted Souls! <3)
    Amheal Tempest of Set / T4 & T3
    Amguard Guardian / T3 & T2

Quote Originally Posted by Amellie View Post

Have you considered moving your character to Crom, there is a lot of players there, enough for the world boss encounter.
    You cannot transfer off Rage and the server is dead.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

a lot of people would suddenly log in and come to kill the world boss?
    Yeah...
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You cannot transfer off Rage and the server is dead.
    Oh... Sorry I thought it was on Fury the issue.

Well, yes, with Rage, there is not enough players to do raids or world boss from what I read, So I don't think FC should reduce the difficulty (HP) of world boss or raids or any NPC because of the population.

It is not a nice situation to be on, playing a MMO on a server that has a very small population, I think the only solution is to start a new character on a populated server. When players signed up to Rage they knew that it was going to be a "Hardcore" server, so it was risky to spend so much play time there. With the recent development on that server, I hope that FC never allows transfer off it, it would place the other players from the other servers in a unfair positions because of the actions of a selected few.

If I was on Rage with my main, I would now start playing on Crom with a new character, no need to waste more time there.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
    Ambarb Barbarian / Full T4 (Thank you Tainted Souls! <3)
    Amheal Tempest of Set / T4 & T3
    Amguard Guardian / T3 & T2

Oh... Sorry I thought it was on Fury the issue.

Well, yes, with Rage, there is not enough players to do raids or world boss from what I read, So I don't think FC should reduce the difficulty (HP) of world boss or raids or any NPC because of the population.

It is not a nice situation to be on, playing a MMO on a server that has a very small population, I think the only solution is to start a new character on a populated server. When players signed up to Rage they knew that it was going to be a "Hardcore" server, so it was risky to spend so much play time there. With the recent development on that server, I hope that FC never allows transfer off it, it would place the other players from the other servers in a unfair positions because of the actions of a selected few.

If I was on Rage with my main, I would now start playing on Crom with a new character, no need to waste more time there.
    to be fair crom has now become the worst server when it comes to hacks.

The greatest weakness of the current design of the World Bosses is how they are equal across all three servers. Ruleset and activity are not accounted for, which leads to farming on Crom, interesting & dynamic fights on Fury and a bucket of **** on Rage.

This flaw has been pointed out to the developers several times, including when it was still in testing on TestLive.

My crystal ball tells me things are unlikely to change
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Although that PvE vs PvP, "you cant have pvp stuff because blahblahblah Crom only blahblah Fury" talk is as tiresome as it gets, I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been some cheeky PvE mung suggest that WB's are PvE content and shouldn't happen on PvP servers in the first place ;D

It has been posted some time ago
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast