Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player using a multi-bot program

Like Fearthis said, using a program like isboxer is a legitimate way to play this game, as well as many other MMOs out there. There is no unattended gameplay happening in these setups. GM's have verified this many times over the years. As long as the player is at the computer, inputing the commands, it is completely legal.

Key broadcasts are allowed, so you can have the same spell/ability go off on all instances of the game.

Things you can't do are automating gameplay. As in you can't just press '1', and let a combo/spell rotation execute while you sit back and watch or go afk.

The behavior shown in the screenshots is probably just a person multiboxing, and as long as that person can respond to a GM's tells on any of those accounts to prove they are present at the keyboard, everything should be fine.

haha you really think that while on the main character he will be aware that someone send a message to the bots following ? of course not.

I say bot simply for one reason : they're not human, it's just a program that makes the character do the exact same thing as the target aka the real player.

Let's all play like this, seems like a good idea for WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Saadiah View Post
    haha you really think that while on the main character he will be aware that someone send a message to the bots following ? of course not.
    Depends on his layout. You can set it up such that the other windows are visible enough for you to monitor tells.

Quote Originally Posted by Saadiah View Post
    Let's all play like this, seems like a good idea for WB.
    Actually, that would probably improve things a lot. If instead of 100 random people in a zone, going afk, spinning in circles, or dying due to stupidity, you instead have 20 people intelligently playing 5 characters each, the WB may go down much faster/smoother.

Just think about 8 sin in minigame doing stealth attack then grimcorrption+miasma soul strike lol

Legal or not has no sense, is a MMO and is intended to grp and play with players, not with npc (you can do this in offline game, or in GW1 lol).

Btw still no official answer?
    Im curious

VERY interesting to see people defending that sort of thing.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Being allowed or not, i would have a GM slam the ban hammer on anyone using that kind of stuff, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post
    Just think about 8 sin in minigame doing stealth attack then grimcorrption+miasma soul strike lol
    lol indeed. Not only would someone taking 8 sins into a minigame end up with some on opposite teams (thus breaking the mirroring of movement), but he would have a hell of a time playing as he would be stuck moving his characters in a ball, easily dealt with by the other team since he can't split himself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Being allowed or not, i would have a GM slam the ban hammer on anyone using that kind of stuff, just because.
    yes, for botting.

no, for playing multiple clients. An average human can legitly and legally play one to three accounts. Of course fully active only on one, two can be played slow (even in fights) depening on bureau outlay. And a third probably only for chatting or checking afk status or roleplaying (never tried that, but i can imagine it with 3 computers or 2 computers and 2 installs on one to alt tab inbetween)

Still, even if it is used for fightclubbing or worse, i would not overrate the effect on gameplay (tapwaters post). A line is crossed when the peronal gain comes at the expense of other players imo. Like with goldseller bots ("stealing resource nodes or mobs"), manipulating mini games (at the expense of other players) or deliberate traffic increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    yes, for botting.

no, for playing multiple clients. An average human can legitly and legally play one to three accounts. Of course fully active only on one, two can be played slow (even in fights) depening on bureau outlay. And a third probably only for chatting or checking afk status or roleplaying (never tried that, but i can imagine it with 3 computers or 2 computers and 2 installs on one to alt tab inbetween)

Still, even if it is used for fightclubbing or worse, i would not overrate the effect on gameplay (tapwaters post). A line is crossed when the peronal gain comes at the expense of other players imo. Like with goldseller bots ("stealing resource nodes or mobs"), manipulating mini games (at the expense of other players) or deliberate traffic increase.
    Thats what I´m thinking about: a person with 10 clients farms ressources in 1/10 of time, this means he can farm 10 times the amount in same time as we honest players do and he sells them in the trading post while we are fighting against prospecotors or other mobs. A basalt node is being farmed within 6 seconds and he and his 10 clients / characters run away when Mobs appear because the node is empty and he moves on...
    This should really not be legal.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    Thats what I´m thinking about: a person with 10 clients farms ressources in 1/10 of time, this means he can farm 10 times the amount in same time as we honest players do and he sells them in the trading post while we are fighting against prospecotors or other mobs. A basalt node is being farmed within 6 seconds and he and his 10 clients / characters run away when Mobs appear because the node is empty and he moves on...
    This should really not be legal.
    Isn't it impossible to harvest the same node with more than one character at the time, tho ? So it would be completely pointless to multi-bot as a pack with only one input keyboard

However, if a player want to manage 3 char windows on 3 separate monitor/screen and switch active windows to harvest three different node at more or less the same, I don't mind. I probably would loose more time switching back and forth between windows when a fight spawn than harvesting the 3 node with one single toon anyway.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast