Thread: Look At What's Been Lost

Default Look At What's Been Lost

After looking over the new forums I couldn't help but think back over the years since the launch of 2008. This game had so much life. Everything about it was good; the raids / bosses so well designed , the strategies . Like it or not open world pvp was fantastic, especially when you were drunk like I usually was, and you had the option to roll on a pvp , pvp-rp and a pve server. It was perfect from the start. There was one big disappointment that threw a lot of players off and that was of course the broken siege system but we still managed to have some fun with that but like all things that aren't broken or seemingly not fully perfect they always have to ruin it and that's what they did. I'm sure a lot of folks agree this game was a very moving experience during its height.

Quote Originally Posted by chh1929 View Post
    After looking over the new forums I couldn't help but think back over the years since the launch of 2008. This game had so much life. Everything about it was good; the raids / bosses so well designed , the strategies . Like it or not open world pvp was fantastic, especially when you were drunk like I usually was, and you had the option to roll on a pvp , pvp-rp and a pve server. It was perfect from the start. There was one big disappointment that threw a lot of players off and that was of course the broken siege system but we still managed to have some fun with that but like all things that aren't broken or seemingly not fully perfect they always have to ruin it and that's what they did. I'm sure a lot of folks agree this game was a very moving experience during its height.
    This game is 6 years old. It's rare for an MMO to even be around that long, yet alone enjoy active development.

We have had some great times back in the old days, but I am sure there is more to come.
    Retired

Well IMO the previous game director made some major blunders that resulted in a massive loss of players....but there's still hope. The current game director seems proactive and has insight to what the majority of the community wants.

I think a brighter future would include 1 server, with pvp/pve instances. No doubt there are those who would disagree but I honestly can't see a substantial downside to this.
    Last edited by Tecata; 28th September 2014 at 11:28.

I disagree with Tecata.
    I loved what the previous game director did, creating a lot of things that pulled me into the game. The new changes are far too, let us say, business-oriented, ruining the game for some of us: world bosses, AAs for free while levelling, T1-T3 raid weapon and accessories vendors, etc. The game was much better in early 2011.
    For some reason, population has been dwindling a lot since 2012 (from 30+ online in guilds to 1-2).
    The age of the game has nothing to do with it, as this game still looks much better than any title on the market out there.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 29th September 2014 at 03:29.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.