Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question on DualWield

Default Newbie question on DualWield

I have two weapons in each hand. Both are single hand weapons. However, all my dualwield combos are greyed out so I cannot use them. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Q

What class do you play?
    What level are you?

Quote Originally Posted by deckhand200 View Post
    I have two weapons in each hand. Both are single hand weapons. However, all my dualwield combos are greyed out so I cannot use them. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Q
    You only need one weapon in each hand.

Sorry.

Seriously: The game won't let you equip something you can't use, and will then highlight the combos available for the weaps selected (two 1 handers or a two hand weap). Do any combos show as usable? Perhaps you're misreading the combo info?

Default Follow up to Newbie question on Dualwield

I have a level 23 Aquilonian Barbarian. He has a one handed weapon in each hand. However, all the combos for dualwield are greyed out / do not let me use.

1. Is there something I am doing wrong?

2. Also, someone told me when you dualwield you just see the character strike with the weapon from your main hand but the weapon in your off hand is calculated in the attack. Is this true?

Thanks,

Dual-wield combos are Cyclone of Steel, Wreck Armor and Jagged Cut.

2h combos are Butcher, Staggering Blow and the CC's.

First of all, check your weapons. Maybe one of them has a problem (or maybe it is not a weapon but just a quest item).
    Unequip your weapons and equip them again.
    Then check you combo list. I don't remember exactly but you should have at least your first rank of cyclone of steel by now. It is your main combo.

As for the calculation of your damage output, it's just maths. Don't worry about that too much before lvl 80. Simple rule: the higher base dps weapon goes to you main hand.

Default Dualwield

I currently have Whirlwind II, Cyclone of Steel II, and Wreck Armor I in by ability list. But when I put a one handed weapon in each hand they are still greyed out so I cannot use them. Now my Aquilonian Barbarian is level 25. Is there something else I must do here?
    Thanks

1. When you say you have one in each hand do you mean you have one equipped on your main weapon slots, and then the other in your alternative one? Because I've seen people ask this same question before, and it turned out they were doing that.

2. Your barb specced in the dual wield option? Because if not, and you're going down a 2 hander path, that might also explain it.

1. no, one weapon in main hand (main slot) and one weapon in off hand (main slot).

2. Not sure I follow on the dualwield option vs the 2 hander path. That might be the issue. Where do I find this path? How do I identify it?
    Thanks

Doesn't matter what spec you use both should allow you to use both 2h and duel wield combos. I'm guessing you have a 2h weapon, equip this in main and your other 1h weapons in alt and try weapon swapping a few times. That doesn't work you could petition in to see if they can help. /petition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast