Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need AA respect Option

Default Need AA respect Option

Need an AA respect option, half of the AA arent even described properly and are useless to pvp.

I dont care if it is a cash shop or 4 gold, it needs to happen.

In my opinion not. There is enough information about the various AAs on the forums and blogs. And also, if you play your char in addition to time training AAs, it will be fully specced in a relatively short time.

YES! People need to respect each others!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    In my opinion not. There is enough information about the various AAs on the forums and blogs. And also, if you play your char in addition to time training AAs, it will be fully specced in a relatively short time.
    Maxing it out still takes ages - but, yeah, the crucial AA's don't take too long to get. Alot of the other stuff is only a marginal improvement, or just make things easier. They aren't needed as such - you can get by fine without them.

Rogues need Tainted Weapons & Finely Honed, Healers need Steadfast Faith, Tanks need Resolve and Mages need Unbinding Charm (even though most mages never use the damn thing). There's a basic guide for you . Some other AA's are nice, like the AA heals, or Wards for tanks, but again, not 'needed' as such.

There is info around, but as with most things AoC related, it's fan / 3rd party maintained and spread out all over. And often abandoned or out of date. Funcom have no $$ for that sort of thing I suppose - GW2 wiki is a great example of a good player resource.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

An AA respec isn't necessary, especially given how much info anyone has available - from AoC forums, guildies, or simply asking in NPH and Global. Players should know which AA feats they should be taking. And if they're blindly picking what seems good from the hover info, then they haven't done their basic homework. Hyboria is supposed to be a harsh world, so maybe there shouldn't be do-overs, mulligans or second chances. If someone makes a mistake and clicks the wrong feat, then maybe they will learn from it.

I don't know about a Respec Option, but from the POV as a relatively new player, it really needs a "Confirm" option. I was trying to figure out how to 'drag' the perks to my perk bar, and ended up buying AA's I didn't even want when my mouse ended up on the them.

I'd like a way to respec though, just because those points are valuable for me considering how few I have right now, and will always remains 'wasted' as they went to thing I would never want or buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    An AA respec isn't necessary, especially given how much info anyone has available - from AoC forums, guildies, or simply asking in NPH and Global. Players should know which AA feats they should be taking. And if they're blindly picking what seems good from the hover info, then they haven't done their basic homework. Hyboria is supposed to be a harsh world, so maybe there shouldn't be do-overs, mulligans or second chances. If someone makes a mistake and clicks the wrong feat, then maybe they will learn from it.
    And being the harsh world that it is, maybe the game will wither and die, because it could not evolve in the cut-throat MMO environment of retaining players.

Your logic is faulty and irrelevant to what is good game design and customer service. If you want a dead game, the surest way is to tell players "Tough luck!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ming-Ming View Post
    And being the harsh world that it is, maybe the game will wither and die, because it could not evolve in the cut-throat MMO environment of retaining players.

Your logic is faulty and irrelevant to what is good game design and customer service. If you want a dead game, the surest way is to tell players "Tough luck!"
    It become a motto for this community and funcom to pretend AoC is Hardcore...

Reality is aoc has alienated and driven out more players then any mmorpg ever released, and to be fair, it is the director of the game who continual bad ideas lead us to this point of burial...

Giving peopel the option to redo AA would be something positive for all players, being eitest isnt doing anyone any good.
    Last edited by Utogi; 17th August 2014 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    It become a motto for this community and funcom to pretend AoC is Hardcore...

Reality is aoc has alienated and driven out more players then any mmorpg ever released,
    Nope. Vanguard and Warhammer. AoC, for all it issues, has managed to last a remarkably long time.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Nope. Vanguard and Warhammer. AoC, for all it issues, has managed to last a remarkably long time.
    I agree, but I think surviving really shouldn;t be the goal ? Gaining new players and retaining them should be. Adding soft elements like an AA reset will make it a lot more enjoyablable for people.

I deleted my hox because of AA's it was the only way to reset, I know it was extreme bbut I am that kind of person who gets very ingrossed in "Spec's.

:imiting players ability to fully play with multiple AA specs seems silly. Cause not eveyone is going to be playing as much as another person. Saying that over time you can spec everything doesn't do anything for those first short weeks a new 80 has entered the fray ... and that is when you need everything available to give them the choices that would lead them to retain playing or subscribing, and that is the bottom line.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast