Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToS thoughts : idea discussion

One thing I have noticed is that less pvp TOS:es feat Wrath of the serpent ring than before I left a few years back. Why is this?

Wotsr isn't worth the points to invest in it.

And Utogi as stated it is not 100% but it does work so keep trying

It's worth noting that like the bubble it's dependant on timing. So if the melee or ranger successfully land a combo before you initiate fangs it will fail for that combo however their following attacks will miss if you manage to survive. It's best to anticipate when an enemy is about to hit you. Like you can tell when a melee is charging a combo. Likewise it's a sure bet if a ranger is looking at you he's about to shoot you. Since they have no real combo sequence it's instant so try to use it on them pre-emptively. That's the trick.
    Last edited by Laethiel; 18th August 2014 at 12:26.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

PotSR atcually works very well for me and is almost 99% useful...
    Last edited by Utogi; 18th August 2014 at 15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    PotSR atcually works very well for me and is almost 99% useful...
    Yes potsr is useful. We were discussing wotsr an augment feat below potsr. Tell us how you find potsr useful only 99% of the time. It works 100% of the time in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Yes potsr is useful. We were discussing wotsr an augment feat below potsr. Tell us how you find potsr useful only 99% of the time. It works 100% of the time in my experience
    I added 2 points to the bottom part , not a good idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    I added 2 points to the bottom part , not a good idea ?
    In PvP, WotSR it isn't all that useful, for the simple reason that you generally do not need the immunity offered by PotSR at the same time as the damage buff granted by WotSR. So I'd rather put those points elsewhere.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

PotSR is most useful when dealing with assassins soul detonation ability. You can tell when an assassin is going to use this ability by looking for the grim corruption dot on your debuff bar. Its the starter combo for most sins. Once yo usee this purple icon you simply hit PotSR and it negates the detonation effect completely making them wonder how you did it. quite easy really and doesnt even require timing.

It is also useful for magical ccs if timed properly before one goes off. But otherwise it has no real value its a defensive ability. The wrath aspect is not worth feating into because better damage increases can be obtained elsewhere like right after a blast of call lightning. your magic damage is buffed up for a few seconds after that, plus empowered life of set buffs up your damage every time you cast a blue heal. and of course having storm crown ticking constantly buffs you up well enough. At the most i would take only 1 pt in Wotsr if you decide you dont care for the snare immunity

The snare immunity.. not seeing it work alot, do I need to stack it with the AA's ?

They are actually changing it to an out of combat movement buff soon so yea it all does add up with aa perks.

I dropped Idol of set and started using Curse of Set, this seems to be working better then -1500 element debuff , so far. It did't seem the team buff from idol was doing a whole lot either..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast