Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: world boss white sands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    I think, this is a challeging boss who can´t be FARMED by lazy players for hundreds of times. You can´t jump from one instance into another because of the limited characters.
    Remember: We are talking about a "legendary" loot and it would be ridicoulus if we would get the reward within 5 minutes from a lousy boss.

It was the first time ever that I got killed by a WB because I did´t know the new conditions. As a demo, I usually go into Spellweave and spam Shockstrikes. A bad mistake... Additionally I like the DoT from the boss so people are in danger, when they go afk or don´t move.

The fight took about 30 minutes which is 5-10 minutes too long imho.

Overall: a very good solution!

Yeah, great solution having half a dozen people sitting on a rez pad slacking while a dozen or so try to kill a boss with 21 million hit points. Those slackers hit it a couple of times then afk until they get their loot but that just means it's a long, tedious 30-45 minutes for the rest to kill it.

They either need to up the numbers, cut the hit points or kick the slackers.

Quote Originally Posted by sezmra View Post
    Hi folks,

We're still working on getting the hotfix in. Stay tuned for updates.
    Hopefully its today or tomorrow. Waiting until monday or tuesday wouldn't exactly help anyone. Lol
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    If you mean that losing people made the fight longer, yea, but since its world boss, you can't really wipe on it (ok maybe if everyone get caught at some point and no one going back from rezpad !)
    Kind of. I see your point but every players actively in the fight want to get the boss down as quick as possible, right ? Therefore, losing 1 potential DPS source out of 20 might urge people to be more careful as the usual "meh whatever, I'm in a 100 players pack anyway, If I or someone else die, it will barely make a difference. And I cannot see particles on the ground anyway so that circle-thing mechanics is useless".

It's the first time I see people dodge attack and move in a WB fight (expect for the Stone Gaze of the Basilik, which was nice). Thatmake the fight more dynamical.

But yeah, I see you point.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

World bosses are casual "show up" content. If i wanted a coordinated raid with purple rewards and my actions matter i would...do a raid with more predictable outcome than this lottery. If you meddle with this too much, you will loose this casual advantage that keeps people to log in at least once a month.

Luckily there is a lot of middle ground between "mindless zerging and pressing one key over 10 minutes" to "focused activity during 60 minutes".

Increasing both the population limit a bit (not too much!) and reducing the health (not too less!) should do the trick for this boss. It already kind of works now, it is just too long for the casual "show up" thing. Also demanding people to stay focused and at maxx for 60 minutes is ridicolous. At least here the hardcore raiders will have to find a compromise and can't just kick people.

sezmra
    Community Team

Funcom Update Notes 4.3 hotfix - August 7th, 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL
    The maximum players able to access an instance of White Sands Isle has been doubled.
    The maximum health of the Black One Executioner portent has been roughly halved.

back to the boring WB fights as they used to be, I guess
    - mindless one-button smashing at ranged distance for 5 minutes

jeez, was the best WB fight ever and now it's trash as the others
    - and it's crashing again due to ninja instance changes and too-many particles

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    back to the boring WB fights as they used to be, I guess
    - mindless one-button smashing at ranged distance for 5 minutes

jeez, was the best WB fight ever and now it's trash as the others
    - and it's crashing again due to ninja instance changes and too-many particles
    Yeah, I agree, now this WB is as crap as the others.
    So On Crom with more toons in instance and WB with less HP makes it boring and too easy, and on Fury you just let in the gankers which means the fight takes just as longs as before cause of the "pvping" going on. Now I don't mind some pvp, though I usually like to know that I am in a pvp fight so I got some chance. But with the extra toons in the instance I have to turn off particles and name tags so I can't even identify the pvp back staber. but thats is all cool I can live with that, can even be a bit of fun getting ganked. what pissed me off the most is that after being part of the entire WB fight I end up not getting the quest marked off nor the box drop due to funcoms great logic of needing to be with in 75m of the boss when he dies. Edit by Anzu: No., now I got to go through this wb again and spend another 1 hour smashing my head against a brick wall.
    Unfix the fix. should not be called a fix should be called a Edit by Anzu: No..
    Last edited by Anzu; 8th August 2014 at 06:57.

Thank you funcom for fixing this. Most of the gaming community is very happy!

yeah thx funcom for the quick fix. Was pretty dull hitting that "strawman" for 30 mins
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I think they missed to properly fix it. It was suggested to do less hp and slightly more people...not make the boss like all the others.

What funcom should realize is, that the higher the population limit, the less fun it is and the less individual actions or the actions and tactics of the boss matter. Many people even liked the too harsh limit and it enforced a lot of aims that were intended to be fixed with recent 75m patch.

This in combination with the 75m rule is just plain bad design.

You can not complain about the health reduction though.

I still hope they will learn from this experiment to lower pop cap again A BIT (like 32 to 36 people), to simply allow for the usual number of leechers to not affect kill speed much, to allow for the farmers not blocking the zones for questers and to allow for more stability and tactics as well as on pvp servers: to allow for some opposition, but not in a way that could totally cripple the core 24 ppl raid.

This could have been a great patch, had they just followed the numbers given (50% health ok, if standalone fix. 42+ people only ok, when standalone fix, 50% health and 42+ people in instance -> not ok).

Now you spent again more time waiting and afking, than actually fighting. The harsh pop limit should have showed the devs, that there is a working middle ground. And if you look at current boss, it is not found yet. Before yesterdays "hotfix" people were more active, talked and grouped up for the boss. Now it is back to afk content. The first was bad, because the fight was too long (that's why hp reduction was suggested), the second is bad, because of the above arguments (afking, stability, communication, boss tactics, challenge). Also you have the stupid discrimination again, that crom can farm a boss in 10 minutes, while fury is still needing 1hour (so not benefitting was yesterdays patch at all).

If you don't believe me, just ask players, if they can tell you tactics a small raid has to use to defeat one (including this) world boss and if they have seen the fatalities or special effects (either by too much disco or by disabled disco). Also ask, if they have a feeling of achievement once boss is down or felt in any danger while fighting.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 8th August 2014 at 07:40.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast