Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Age of Conan PVP

Bump, updated it a bit
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

dont forget to update new players have to grind for 1 or 2 years to be as competitive as veterans in pvp (yeah I mean pvp t3 and full AAs) it will bring more players to the game trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    dont forget to update new players have to grind for 1 or 2 years to be as competitive as veterans in pvp (yeah I mean pvp t3 and full AAs) it will bring more players to the game trust me!
    That's funcoms job to fix, not mine...
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    That's funcoms job to fix, not mine...
    It's also not true.

T1 pvp gear isn't trash compared to t2 and t3 like it used to be, and full t1 is pvp4. That's a week of minis, maybe a wee and a half, or a few days in bori.

The only thing that new players really have to work hard at is unlearning pvp from other games. The movement, the hit boxes, the situational awareness are all steeper learning curves here than in say WoW or ToR or ESO. Problem is new people see a gear disparity and assume it means a 300% or 400% power increase from t1 to t3 like in other games and assume it'sa gear issue, when it's really just getting acclimated to the environment and circumstances, then get told to screw off or ltp by some of the most vocal vets when they get frustrated.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    It's also not true.

T1 pvp gear isn't trash compared to t2 and t3 like it used to be, and full t1 is pvp4. That's a week of minis, maybe a wee and a half, or a few days in bori.

The only thing that new players really have to work hard at is unlearning pvp from other games. The movement, the hit boxes, the situational awareness are all steeper learning curves here than in say WoW or ToR or ESO. Problem is new people see a gear disparity and assume it means a 300% or 400% power increase from t1 to t3 like in other games and assume it'sa gear issue, when it's really just getting acclimated to the environment and circumstances, then get told to screw off or ltp by some of the most vocal vets when they get frustrated.
    Id agree to an extent, you have to realize that not having AA's is near impossible the difference between a full AA'd char w/ full wards in PVP T1 is wayyyyy different than one without AA's I.E 5 minute CC break and only 1x prot wards. In addition, of course its easy for us pro players. We have been around forever and most of us can hop on literally any class and do well. It is NOT the same for actual new players and there's no reason why players should have to get up to PVP4 to have a set to play with at all. It should be innate or have a lesser set available at PVP 0

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Id agree to an extent, you have to realize that not having AA's is near impossible the difference between a full AA'd char w/ full wards in PVP T1 is wayyyyy different than one without AA's I.E 5 minute CC break and only 1x prot wards. In addition, of course its easy for us pro players. We have been around forever and most of us can hop on literally any class and do well. It is NOT the same for actual new players and there's no reason why players should have to get up to PVP4 to have a set to play with at all. It should be innate or have a lesser set available at PVP 0
    I agree with the AA thing, which is why I didn't address it. If a new player is f2p getting enough AAs will be a bitch without pve.

Also, regarding the t1 set, yeah, it should be purchasable at pvp0. But 89ideaz89's suggestion that you have to be full t3 to be competitive is bunk, after the recent changes. There are several pvp10s, with hundreds and in some cases thousands of minigames under their belt who still keyboard turn, click and can't go positive in minis that prove that.

I agree with the AA thing, which is why I didn't address it. If a new player is f2p getting enough AAs will be a bitch without pve.

Also, regarding the t1 set, yeah, it should be purchasable at pvp0. But 89ideaz89's suggestion that you have to be full t3 to be competitive is bunk, after the recent changes. There are several pvp10s, with hundreds and in some cases thousands of minigames under their belt who still keyboard turn, click and can't go positive in minis that prove that.
    in wow you spend 2 days with friend in arenas and you will get best pvp gear in game. In aoc you have to collect sheetbilions of tokens from minis (and you can get only 9 or 10 per day if you are really lucky in minis and I doubt you are since you are newbie and you cripple your team) to get best pvp gear in game and THEN you have to grind AAs. I mean we dont live in Asia or in 90s to do this kind of grind in pvp. What happened to unchained minis that were promised.....too skill based pvp? I guess so......

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    in wow you spend 2 days with friend in arenas and you will get best pvp gear in game. In aoc you have to collect sheetbilions of tokens from minis (and you can get only 9 or 10 per day if you are really lucky in minis and I doubt you are since you are newbie and you cripple your team) to get best pvp gear in game and THEN you have to grind AAs. I mean we dont live in Asia or in 90s to do this kind of grind in pvp. What happened to unchained minis that were promised.....too skill based pvp? I guess so......
    The point is you don't need to grind to get competitive gear for pvp. The t1 sets stat for stat are only a small amount below the t3.

And I have no idea what you mean grinding aas after you get t3 gear. It seems improbable that someone could hit pvp10, get enough tokens for a full set of t3, and not have ticked over enough prowess to have their resists, wards, cc breaks and main class aas filled.

The point is you don't need to grind to get competitive gear for pvp. The t1 sets stat for stat are only a small amount below the t3.
    T1 set is pvp4. It's the only game i know that gives starter gear under xp conditions.
    So that's let you only few options :

- Credit Card (P2W)
    - PvE T4 + gear (QQ from PvP players about it)
    - Starting with bad gear.
    - Bori.

It's a total non-sense. They should learn a lot about pvp from real pvp games.

And I have no idea what you mean grinding aas after you get t3 gear. It seems improbable that someone could hit pvp10, get enough tokens for a full set of t3, and not have ticked over enough prowess to have their resists, wards, cc breaks and main class aas filled.
    I do agree that t1 gear is good enough for you to be competitive but i dont agree its really that small difference in stats between t1 and t3. Difference is pretty noticable, and even more between weapons.
    For instance on hox without weapons you get around 300 more magic dmg, 650 critigation, 100 crit rating, 100+crit dmg rating, 400 tenacity....
    Difference between weapons are 50 int, 12 dps, 25 crit, 35 crit dmg....
    So yes you can fight as T1, and I do it on many chars but difference between t1 and t3 is not that small.

Still AA is biggest issue and there should be much quicker gain through pvp. I dont do pve at all and mostly rely on time train.
    Last edited by viroku; 23rd October 2014 at 13:44.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast