Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Age of Conan PVP

Good summary.

About the etiquette:
    Some players do not follow the "jump" rule, but rather attack once with a white hit (or more than once, provoking) to say "hey, i want to fight you". This is easy to misunderstand and used to "tag" players as well.

Also, don't expect many of the remaining players to follow it. It is not "play as you would others play unto you", but rather "play as you want and make sure others can not do the same (by logging, running, avoiding pvp, bringing friends, exploiting and cheating)". Simply deduction from years of experience of "doing unto others as they did to me" and the qq afterwards from lurktrolls.

Another point for etiquette might be, to not accuse others of cheating in global without asking a fair share of questions first (like: what is the latency? when and where did it happen? can i reproduce the effect or have i experienced it myself? is there a feat/gear/engine related explanation possible?). Just because you get killed often, does not mean others cheat (but it does not rule it out, though).

About the open pvp events:
    Don't even bother with them as new player, since you will get nothing out of it, unless you are boosted. No practice, no xp, no new friends. They are simply not designed that way and are already farmed content by the big guilds (as bori was when introduced). So, you either have to like the "against all odds guerilla" masochism or not. Don't expect seeing new faces here (not alts), unless the "reward winner only" rules get abandoned (when it comes to tokens and quest rewards).

About keyboard turning:
    Even if you bind a and d to strafe and practice, this control type is not for everyone and i know several good pvpers who "keyboardturn" (some with autotarget on, some without) and even when you don't "keyboardturn" with low latency you will be often insulted and accused of it. Problem is, that the game engine onesidedly boosts the turning with right mouse click (instant) over manual turning (slower than the circle strafe). Apart from that engine gimpedness, it is a matter of practice and ability and preference what kind of control you use as long as it works. And sometimes there are no alternatives and definitely not only one way (depends a lot on who you fight and the situation).

Also you forgot to mention, that using the "ignore" function for chatting can be very good for your mental health. Many people mistake trolling with pvp and will try to provoke you.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd August 2014 at 10:46.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    If you are brand new player to Age of Conan or in PvP, you just get your ass farmed in PvP. And guide don't help it. And, one most important note: Fury and Rage don't have any sieges in months. So your guide (good work BTW) is 2-3 year to late.
    or really? i rememb been on siege while ago

Quote Originally Posted by razorkid10 View Post
    I always read his name as "lmao" because he usually talks a lot of crap.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Full siege 48 on 48? Interesting. When?

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Full siege 48 on 48? Interesting. When?
    some time ago, but i enjoy more these daily 12v12 in pvp area or then like yesterday 15vs15 its fun cus u get reward from it... well not on crom on crom.. hows it going on minis vs vandalion + firewind guilds btw? u having fun with those guilds? i sure as hell know i would not xD

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Usedtissue’s Starting PVP Guide

AA’s- Alternate advancement points also have a great deal to do with how your class plays and does in minigames. There are six different spots to put AA’s in. Of those six there are
    This sentence looks incomplete...

Thank you for your nice guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Noumides View Post
    This sentence looks incomplete...

Thank you for your nice guide!
    Whoops! Haha uploaded it late last night. I'll get that fixed
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    • Campaign Badges- Also called “minigame” tokens. These are tokens you can get by winning minigames, open world events, or they can be purchased for 15 “bori tokens”. They are used to buy PVP T2 and T3 gear.
    Dont play much lately and when i do its usually for couple of minis, but i do hope this is wrong.

Nice post btw thx for effort and time

some time ago, but i enjoy more these daily 12v12 in pvp area or then like yesterday 15vs15 its fun cus u get reward from it... well not on crom on crom.. hows it going on minis vs vandalion + firewind guilds btw? u having fun with those guilds? i sure as hell know i would not xD
    Most of players from vandalion & firewind join our guild, as far as I know only cheaters still play in that guilds and 7-10 veterans who want die with guild.

I know Fury have some sieges ~15 vs 20 or something like that, but that don't counts as true sieges

Great post. Really spot on for how it should be. One hour in global chat or 20 min playing minis will give an almost opposite interpretation of how it should be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast