Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel scammed; Godslayer CE pet?

If you want pets (companions) that actually do stuff, I'd suggest you play SWTOR.

The pet is useful for pulling mobs to you, as it has a longer range than any spell (pulls as well as necro pets). Usually though I use the kappa pet in game for the buffs if I have a pet up.

Would be nice to add in buffs to the faction pets if they aren't going to do any damage.

I confess I too was initially a bit befuddled as to how my Ravager of Jhil worked until someone explained to me the way the pet AI menu works. Now I love my Ravager and I use him in every way tactically to set up my HoX 'bushwacks' when solo-hunting.

The main thing is to realize, the pet's main purpose is to augment your character, not replace or fill in weakspots your character might have.

The next thing is to right-click on your pet's health bar display. You should see four options:

Assist
    Defend
    Follow
    Attack (Tag)

Assist means that the default combat behavior will be to attack the same targeted foe you have selected in combat.

Defend means it will be default attack an add that is attacking you.

Follow means it will attack and not engage in combat.

Attack (Tag) is a proactive option that only works when you have a target selected. You then use the "Attack (Tag)" option and what happens is that the pet runs in and attacks the selected NPC and then kites it back to you. This makes the pet excellent for tactically separating adds away from reinforcements, and generally gives you a much farther range for kiting than using ranged weapons or abilities.

Once you learn how the menu and AI works, you'll quickly adapt to using the pet effectively. :-)

And...if you have esteem tokens you can go to khitai and get a minion manipulator so that you have the ability to put the pet commands on your command bars, just like demos and necros do.

I have my dt set that way so I can 'aim' dreads easier in raids.

Yellow Priest Grey Lotus and maybe Yag Idol only pets worth the while (if that) IMO
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Why they make an attacking pet if it don't do anything than 1-3 damage is beyond me.
    As lazy person who like to go solo after faction quests for moa I'll take 1 damage pet anytime instead those coward Edit by Anzu: Dogs who disapear as soon as you enter any combat. NPC is only companion is I can stand while questing.
    Last edited by Anzu; 31st July 2014 at 00:48.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Well basically make it ANYTHING other than making your people feel scammed and dumped on.

This is just a waste of money... and it sais alot to the player who has in good faith bought the collectors edition expansion.. when he could have just chilled as a freeloader... at least then they wouldnt feel RIPPED OFF!

And yes, the Neverwinter buff pets I end up using even though for solo I have some BADASS pets that can heal, cast spells, etc. But for group I jack my stats up with that stat pet.

Course they become so popular that they are considered REQUIRED for anything serious. Imagine that brings them some profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    If you want pets (companions) that actually do stuff, I'd suggest you play SWTOR.

I am of course Warlord Greebo, Infamous Scoundrel of Ebon Hawk. Yes, my companions are ALL badass. I guess it just is true eventually all mmo just get old.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Yellow Priest Grey Lotus and maybe Yag Idol only pets worth the while (if that) IMO
    The rare pet from HOC is actually decent.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    As lazy person who like to go solo after faction quests for moa I'll take 1 damage pet anytime instead those coward Edit by Anzu: Dogs who disapear as soon as you enter any combat. NPC is only companion is I can stand while questing.
    I want heroes, like GW1 so i can go 6-mans dungeons myself :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast