Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel scammed; Godslayer CE pet?

Default I feel scammed; Godslayer CE pet?

I feel scammed. They make it sound like it is an actual pet that "can help you in combat." Well, it doesnt really do dps... single digit per hit; would take 2 year for it to kill something, dont draw aggro, cant tank.

It isnt that the pet per se is USELESS, it is that to have any kind of business relationship with my patrons... I must trust them.

Due to this pet I am beginning not to. IF it 'helps me in combat' please explain how? It cant tank, doesnt heal and doesnt dps. So I fell for your scam funcom yay you. But it has also lost my trust. You could have at least made it HALF WAY effective at something.. anything other than being an effective LIE you sold to people!

which pet are you talking about? the kappa or the jihil?
    the kappa doesn't do any dps, but gives you a buff, while the jihil can fight. of course, it won't do a lot of dps, but it can help to make selective pulls, which is obviously a help...
    what did you expect? a pet that would have killed the mobs for you?
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

You must be new and haven't learned that combat pets in AoC give small dps boosts, give buffs or last for short times with longish cool downs and aren't like in some other MMO's where the player can send in the pet, go bio, and come back to loot.

Now you know.

No pets in this game can tank. Ok, a necro can frenzy a pet which will tank for a very short time but will likely die before the duration of the frenzy is over. And a DT's dread shadow can tank but again, only for a short time. No pets really heal, though a couple necro pets do provide health taps. Not much in the way of healing and not even every hit will provide this minor heal.

This is not wow, pets are there only to supplement you, not to do your work for you.

Ya funcom, cmon. I'm with OP- when can I purchase a dread shadow for my demo to use so i can finally dps??

seriously though, if you really expected the pet to make a difference in your game, we call that pay-to0win, and funcom generally doesnt do that. Maybe check out WoW or something.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    Ya funcom, cmon. I'm with OP- when can I purchase a dread shadow for my demo to use so i can finally dps??

seriously though, if you really expected the pet to make a difference in your game, we call that pay-to0win, and funcom generally doesnt do that. Maybe check out WoW or something.
    WoW pet are just for vanity or for a "Pokemon like" game. They don't tank or kill "stuff" for you.
    The only 2 game, i know, who have kill'o'matic pet who slay thing for'ya are UO (tamer, lol...) and GW1.

Prolly on AoC is better don't have this feature, atm game is becoming a "laZer game-PEW-PEW-casterZ" and not a "metal and sword game", based on Conan's books and movie like he was designed at first, so if FC introduce "big-cute-eyes" dino-pets with purple ribbon who slay mobs/players is the end...

Why they make an attacking pet if it don't do anything than 1-3 damage is beyond me.
    Either do a buffer, either an attacking pet that worth it or a social pet (golem banquer of GW2 CE is the perfect exemple, useful and not power-stuff).
    But a pet that attack, sold as it, and delivering ridiculous damage, feel like a scam i agree.
    The worst part is most (un-aware) people use it despite their ridiculous damage/weak buffs, in mass battles so you have twice the number of characters in wb or thing like that. Very nice.

They did boost up the damage from the ravagers a year or so ago, wish they would boost up the wolf or tiger one.

None of the fighting pets do much damage. Usually I consider them to either be mob pullers or social icons. But they don't tank and don't do enough damage to make a difference.

Nobody is forced to buy a pet, so I don't see how they feel scammed. Also, as for the World Bosses- as many people use the fighting pets as the vanity ones. Pets in general causing lag is bad, but it's not b/c people are dumb enough to think their demon howler is making a difference.

Again, this seems to be a case of someone complaining b/c something changed, whether it's good or bad. This mentality is why Funcom doesn't take player suggestions into consideration...just like the complaining about the vanity pets for simple relics. Additionally, there is a specific thread for "suggestions" that was started by a mod. Use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Why they make an attacking pet if it don't do anything than 1-3 damage is beyond me.
    Either do a buffer, either an attacking pet that worth it or a social pet (golem banquer of GW2 CE is the perfect exemple, useful and not power-stuff).
    But a pet that attack, sold as it, and delivering ridiculous damage, feel like a scam i agree.
    Maybe because some people would like to see their pet do something in battle, rather than just stand around like a ponce. Every hear of immersion??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast