Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to get veterans to return to the game?

Please Funcom just sell Age of Conan franchise to EA or some other big software company. By now a couple of new major expansions should of been released but Instead we see stagnation in the development process. Nothing new is happening to make Age of Conan a bigger and better game, just old content being recycled.

Veteran players are not returning because there is no reason to return. There is complete lack of new content. When you look at the world map in AOC all the regions displayed should now be playable. Six years since release and the game should be filled with an abundance of new story lines, faction systems and alternative ways to progress your avatar through PVE/PVP. To date there has not even been any new classes added to the game. Even the fabled new crafting system has not been completed and probably wont be implemented any time soon.

As much as it pains me to say this just sell the AOC franchise to a bigger company that can cope with the workload and at least try to provide the end user with a quality game they deserve.

@Boomthunder
    As far as I understand you bought AOC in the days it was subscription only. So you got 30 days access with the DVD.
    After the 30 days you had to pay for the sub. Without the sub you had no access at all.
    Later on you bought the Rise of the Godslayer expansion. You probably did not get another 30 days cause you already had an active sub.

Till AOC went so called f2p the rule was: no sub, no access at all.
    The fact, that you have bought the basic game and the expansion did not matter. And you seemed not to have any problem with this. Otherwise you wouldn' have payed the sub.

With f2p you now may access the whole old world despite one T1 and play two of your chars.

And yes, nothing has changed regarding Kithai back then and now.
    I see many people being annoyed of that fact but I do not get the logic behind them saying, they do not get what they have paid for. Can someone please explain this to me?

I got a friend back in AoC, he rolled a BS and hit 80 we started doing minis.

We came on separate teams 5 times, I never saw him online again.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Leif0311 View Post
    @Boomthunder
    As far as I understand you bought AOC in the days it was subscription only. So you got 30 days access with the DVD.
    After the 30 days you had to pay for the sub. Without the sub you had no access at all.
    Later on you bought the Rise of the Godslayer expansion. You probably did not get another 30 days cause you already had an active sub.

Till AOC went so called f2p the rule was: no sub, no access at all.
    The fact, that you have bought the basic game and the expansion did not matter. And you seemed not to have any problem with this. Otherwise you wouldn' have payed the sub.

With f2p you now may access the whole old world despite one T1 and play two of your chars.

And yes, nothing has changed regarding Kithai back then and now.
    I see many people being annoyed of that fact but I do not get the logic behind them saying, they do not get what they have paid for. Can someone please explain this to me?
    For whatever this is worth.... The Turan Adventure pack is a "pay once and have full access forever" package deal. Why isn't Rise of the Godslayer the same way? It seems rather conflicting to have 2 seperate forms of access to expansions within the same game. It doesn't matter to me when they were released. I live in the here and now, not back then and when.

Also, Companies that want to be successful evolve with the times and listen to what the consumers want, within reason of course.

Personally, I like the idea of pay once, play forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    For whatever this is worth.... The Turan Adventure pack is a "pay once and have full access forever" package deal. Why isn't Rise of the Godslayer the same way? It seems rather conflicting to have 2 seperate forms of access to expansions within the same game. It doesn't matter to me when they were released. I live in the here and now, not back then and when.

Also, Companies that want to be successful evolve with the times and listen to what the consumers want, within reason of course.

Personally, I like the idea of pay once, play forever.
    Problem is that paying once for full khitai access would give one perma access to almost 100% of the post lvl 80 content.

What Funcom could do, is to make people pay once for each zone in khitai, and the same for dragon's spine, House of Crom, each Unchained instances and let people gain AA pts slower than subscribers.

Paikang and Dragon's Spine and the upcoming Unchained T5 raids would have to be more expensive than other zones/instances since they feature (or will feature) The Highest endgame raiding content.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

They had a chance to turn things around with the godslayer expansion, but it was extremely misguided by focusing on gear grind pve themepark gameplay.

It's too late. If you're still having fun, great, but dont expect anything to change.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    They had a chance to turn things around with the godslayer expansion, but it was extremely misguided by focusing on gear grind pve themepark gameplay.

It's too late. If you're still having fun, great, but dont expect anything to change.
    Well it should not be to hard to do what I suggested. We can already buy limited access time to certain instances/zones in the game.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Well it should not be to hard to do what I suggested. We can already buy limited access time to certain instances/zones in the game.
    My point was it is too far gone. Not only are you investing money, but you are also investing time to progress your characters. Why would a perspective player invest anything into a game that will have little or no new major content updates? That, and the fact that most of the zones sit empty and 2 of the 3 servers are completely dead- you will have a better experience in most single player games.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnowsurfer View Post
    Make Guardians competitive tanks.

Last night tanking the World Boss.

My highly geared long played Guardian = Could only steal aggro off of DTs/Conqs for a few seconds, was virtually worthless.

My DT with average gear = Easily held aggro, got aggro even when I wasn't even trying or using any taunts.

My Conq with average gear = Easily held aggro/swapped aggro.

FIX GUARDIANS! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
    Haha its funny i have a newish 80 dt took agro easy. It was extremely hard not to get agro. Guard as you say was useless.
    I think these OP dts are hurting the game but does it effect subs i just dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Haha its funny i have a newish 80 dt took agro easy. It was extremely hard not to get agro. Guard as you say was useless.
    I think these OP dts are hurting the game but does it effect subs i just dont know.

Ofc players that have no clue how to play guardians and that refuse to learn will always tell you lies how class is the problem while in truth that player is clueless in 99% of cases. Especially in case of world bosses with no protection where DT will obviously dominate... Otherwise guard is nowhere near being useless tank if played properly and it is way less gear dependent than DT for example.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast