Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What does it take to get veterans to return to the game?

I think Funcom's problem is that they simply can't give more for free. I mean, by now AOC should have had at least a 2nd Khitai sized expansion but it did not happen, so there is less content to offer f2p players.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post

Suppose the above should also read what would then entice you to sub if you had access to Khitai and all characters as free to play.
    I see alot of talk about what FC does wrong with F2P, but nobody has bothered to answer this. So, to everyone that is F2P or has another gripe about not being able to access Khitai- what WOULD you be willing to sub for?

I think it might be easier to say why I stopped subbing instead of what it would take to get me back. A LOT of things would bring me back BUT only a small hand-full of things drove me away. Change the things that drove me away from AoC and I would probably come back. Maybe. Black Desert is coming soon.

Drove me away= 1. Horrible customer service. GM support was a joke and may still be.(I once had a player threaten to murder me years ago, real live murder, and tried getting my personal information from other players and global, etc.. Funcom did nothing to him and he still played for a couple years. The dude threatened to murder someone and Funcom did nothing! Dozens of people petitioned him. HELL, I got banned for using a macro once. But threatening to murder someone is okay.) Not to mention there's been a few misleading sale promotions.
    2. Bugs not getting fixed.
    3. Lack of fresh content and progression.
    4. Funcoms' former CEO's.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I think it might be easier to say why I stopped subbing instead of what it would take to get me back. A LOT of things would bring me back BUT only a small hand-full of things drove me away. Change the things that drove me away from AoC and I would probably come back. Maybe. Black Desert is coming soon.

Drove me away= 1. Horrible customer service. GM support was a joke and may still be.(I once had a player threaten to murder me years ago, real live murder, and tried getting my personal information from other players and global, etc.. Funcom did nothing to him and he still played for a couple years. The dude threatened to murder someone and Funcom did nothing! Dozens of people petitioned him. HELL, I got banned for using a macro once. But threatening to murder someone is okay.) Not to mention there's been a few misleading sale promotions.
    2. Bugs not getting fixed.
    3. Lack of fresh content and progression.
    4. Funcoms' former CEO's.
    1- congrats! you have just met an internet tough guy. If you can't handle an occasional ITG, I suggest you leave the internet forever.
    2- ya, I'm with you
    3- would you sub for new content? or do you just want to buy it once? because, again, we're talking about how to get subscribers here, not one-time purchases.
    4- Unless the CEO personally farmed you in pvp or something, I don't see what he has to do with your decision. If it's because of shady stock trading practices, then this should put things in perspective: 1- you don't own stock in FC, so you weren't affected at all. 2- Every CEO does this-if you don't like it, you can fight the system by simply refusing to buy things and setting up a hippie community farming lentils in Detroit. that'll teaach those fatcats to take advantage of honest joes!

3 - are you sure it is about subscribers? afaik the title is "veterans to return to the game". This does not necessary mean subscribing, but at first glance just returning to spend their time and expertise back to the benefit of population sense. At second glance it is how they can contribute to earn funcom money...and subbing IS only a part of this (and not necessarily the best imo, though it all depends on sub conditions).
    4 - he has a good point. First, it is a matter of trust (especially with subbing, not so with one time buys or unlocks). Secondly, it is a matter of personal honor, if you want to support certain fishy people (some people are definitely more picky and selective here than others). And thirdly, the choice of ceo matters, when it comes to where your money is spent. For example, even if you gift a company thousands of dollars, it still is their choice how they invest it. They could do it on your favorite game or on ... other ventures. If it is worth it all, still is for the customer to decide.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th August 2014 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    3 First, it is a matter of trust (especially with subbing, not so For example, even if you gift a company thousands of dollars, it still is their choice how they invest it. They could do it on your favorite game or on ... other ventures. If it is worth it all, still is for the customer to decide.
    This is maybe true if you give money to a company but we dont give anything we buy a product paying a year in advance and they are obligate to provide all they had promised if they dont they are scuming us.

But back to the thread I think a lot of veterans would return if they realese a video of the moderators and developers dancing naked hideing their dicks between their legs. I sure will be an instand viral.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    1- congrats! you have just met an internet tough guy. If you can't handle an occasional ITG, I suggest you leave the internet forever.
    2- ya, I'm with you
    3- would you sub for new content? or do you just want to buy it once? because, again, we're talking about how to get subscribers here, not one-time purchases.
    4- Unless the CEO personally farmed you in pvp or something, I don't see what he has to do with your decision. If it's because of shady stock trading practices, then this should put things in perspective: 1- you don't own stock in FC, so you weren't affected at all. 2- Every CEO does this-if you don't like it, you can fight the system by simply refusing to buy things and setting up a hippie community farming lentils in Detroit. that'll teaach those fatcats to take advantage of honest joes!
    1. I've met plenty of folks like you online. Hell, I've even been you before. But I've only met one person online that truly scared me and it was in AOC. Call me a pussy or whatever, I don't care. You obviously weren't there. Those that were there, 2009 server Set, still remember it and were as stunned as I that the dude didn't get perma banned or banned at all. (AoC's community is _____.)
    But 1 was about customer service after-all.
    2. i don't care
    3. i don't care
    4. ceo's control what happens to the game i choose to play, or not play. I'm not so sure you understand just how much a ceo effects the direction a company goes. In fact, I'm certain of it.

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    I see alot of talk about what FC does wrong with F2P, but nobody has bothered to answer this. So, to everyone that is F2P or has another gripe about not being able to access Khitai- what WOULD you be willing to sub for?
    Yes- I am sure I was aking about subscribing. I know what it would take to get players to return- more freebies. What I want to know is that, since Funcom has stated they will not be going full f2p, what are you willing to subscribe for.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    1. I've met plenty of folks like you online. Hell, I've even been you before. But I've only met one person online that truly scared me and it was in AOC. Call me a pussy or whatever, I don't care. You obviously weren't there. Those that were there, 2009 server Set, still remember it and were as stunned as I that the dude didn't get perma banned or banned at all. (AoC's community is _____.)
    But 1 was about customer service after-all.
    2. i don't care
    3. i don't care
    4. ceo's control what happens to the game i choose to play, or not play. I'm not so sure you understand just how much a ceo effects the direction a company goes. In fact, I'm certain of it.
    1- Edit by Anzu: No.
    2- ok
    3- so...no then. What I'm hearing is you won't sub for anything. If that is true, why on Earth would FC want anything to do with you? You bring them no money.
    4- CEOs don't control what happens in a game- they control how much money a company brings in. This is why EA is such a shitty company- it is run by CEOs trying to make more money, not game designers trying to make better product. I understand exactly how much a CEO affects a game. It goes something like this:

Will this make us money? If yes, then proceed. If no, then scrap it and try something else. I'm sure Joel will tell you the exact same thing.
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th August 2014 at 17:13.

But that is exactly the point, isn't it?
    The question "will it earn me money?" is too often answered too soon and without proper knowledge, experience, analysis, instinct and caution. It also leads to more questions of "how much money in what time frame WILL it make and how much money in what time frame CAN it make?".

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast