Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: What does it take to get veterans to return to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    What bothers me is the fact that the average Joe has very little chance to experience all the "new" - well its not new anymore - but... and cool content like Temple of Elric, Lurker raid etc. I wont even mention new T5 unchained and T6 raids which will be reserved to few elite hardcore raiding guilds...and that really sucks big time.
    Once T5 is out, Funcom should look into ways to nerf T4, and T3.5 so that people will finally get out off the T3 treadmill and raid something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Once T5 is out, Funcom should look into ways to nerf T4, and T3.5 so that people will finally get out off the T3 treadmill and raid something different.
    I agree with nerfing something for once.

Once T5 comes out veteran interest in T4 will drop hard. I know in my guild all T4 has been replaced by T5 on Testlive already since everyone is so bored with gearing up their 3/4/5th alt in T4. When T5 comes out T4 ideally would be nerfed to the level T3 is currently.
    For pugs this has proven a good challenge: not so hard they have no chance of beating it but just hard enough so it is still possible to wipe. Some encounters (read Zodiac) may need a bigger nerf. Something like removing dots from 6man puzzles and increasing timer, or maybe downsizing 12man puzzles to 6man and 6man puzzles to 3man in order to make it doable with a smaller amount of good raiders.

If T4 stays like it is now after the release of T5, the raidingguilds will move on from it and the big public won't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I agree with nerfing something for once.

Once T5 comes out veteran interest in T4 will drop hard. I know in my guild all T4 has been replaced by T5 on Testlive already since everyone is so bored with gearing up their 3/4/5th alt in T4. When T5 comes out T4 ideally would be nerfed to the level T3 is currently.
    same in my guild... moreover, except for sheng and emperor, the rest of the encounters are just boring, so a nerf would not hurt at all!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Once T5 is out, it would be logical to increase difficulty in T1, T2, and T3 (as people will get better gear), and leave T3.5 intact. T4 needs some bosses replaced (Imp, Basilisk, Memory Cloud).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Once T5 is out, it would be logical to increase difficulty in T1, T2, and T3 (as people will get better gear), and leave T3.5 intact. T4 needs some bosses replaced (Imp, Basilisk, Memory Cloud).
    Alan's logic never fails to amuse

And yes, content below endgame raids (then T5) should be puggable with some effort. So some nerfs to T4 would be wholly justified.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    before grinding world bosses for pink pixels.
    They drop pink pixels now? Shinny!

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Yes...death to fresh 80 PUGS! >:/

Seriously though, I want to get in on some of those cool all-HoX yakhmar raids that used to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    Yes...death to fresh 80 PUGS! >:/

Seriously though, I want to get in on some of those cool all-HoX yakhmar raids that used to happen.
    Those fresh 80 pugs made their choice to not be 80 at launch, so it's their own fault that they don't have the gear and aas to do endmode content.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910