Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does it take to get veterans to return to the game?

Default What does it take to get veterans to return to the game?

I haven't played AoC for over a year, the new T5 Unchained content and crafting does sound intresting though.

For me to return however I would want to start a new character and gear that character up to the point I can start raiding T5 without having to grind T1-3 and Khitai.

Simply because I'm dead tired of those instances and the starting epics gives you few options to play around with gear builds.

Last time I played I actually just stuck to blue gear as there's more options to mess around and having fun without having to grind forever.

I'm aware Funcom dosen't have any resources, but a way to achive this would be to itemize some entry level old world dungeons and reward new epic items with intresting stats with T1-3 budget.

Example itemize Iron Tower & Xiba with more epics, alternativly through a time trial. A simple way to add a time trial would be through a quest, beat boss x,y,z in x time, and you recive a chest with reward. Quest could be obtained hrough itemshop, free for subs, cost points for f2p. Itemshop have the ability to add a cooldown before you can buy again.

Alternativly bring up Cistern, Main System, & Catacombs to entry level 80 and itemize them with starting epic gear. Few players have done these dungeons on level, so these would be almost new content for many.

These dungeons do offer some challenge allready and if brought to 80 they might not need anymore tuning to defend epics, atleast compared to silly t1-2 raid content.

If there was a alternative route to get starting gear I would seriously consider returning for T5. But if not I'll just play some other games like today.

Anyone else wondering about returning for T5/Crafting? What would it take to return?

Why do you want to start a new character? Also, you can gear up stupid fast with world bosses. It's not the best gear, but it's OK. It's just boring to world boss farm, though.

If you work at it you can likely get full t2 just by doing one week of world bosses, with chances at t3 relics and 3.5 gear.

Not sure how you mean to get 'free' khitai or t3 gear otherwise. Buy it from item shop?

The rest of us have been playing for years and are waiting for t5 to come out. It might be that t5 will require t4 gear to do, who knows?

Play ftp to see if you like it, get into world boss runs (next one likely in white sands so ftp can go there too), find a guild running the higher end raids looking for new players.

But I don't think anyone is going to be able to just jump in game and go right to t5.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If you work at it you can likely get full t2 just by doing one week of world bosses, with chances at t3 relics and 3.5 gear.
    If he's on Crom, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Norisak View Post
    If he's on Crom, that is.
    Well if he's talking about T5 raiding we should assume he'll be playing on Crom.

The unchained dungeons have pretty good set of gear and accessories. The concept was really nice, specially for those tired of grinding khitai crap, some of the accessories are unique stats wise and the armor and weapon sets are also khitai+ level. The loot implementation however was terrible so for that kind of difficulty level players expected a better pay off, specially considering the "luck" factor and the tralala buff potions (which shouldnt even be there in the 1st place).

If they can fix that crappy loot system coming up with more unchained dungeons could be a decent alternative to khitai grind.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelForPrez View Post
    For me to return however I would want to start a new character and gear that character up to the point I can start raiding T5 without having to grind T1-3 and Khitai.
    You're doing it wrong. Next you're gonna say you'll use offlines to jump to 80 on this imaginary new toon before grinding world bosses for pink pixels.

And considering how hungry current high end raider crowd is for new content, it's doubtful any returning rusty old geezer will be able to get a spot in T5 for a long while after it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    You're doing it wrong. Next you're gonna say you'll use offlines to jump to 80 on this imaginary new toon before grinding world bosses for pink pixels.

And considering how hungry current high end raider crowd is for new content, it's doubtful any returning rusty old geezer will be able to get a spot in T5 for a long while after it's out.
    The chance of getting in a t5 raid with blue gear is going to be miniscule (unless some sort of 'tear your hair out' pug), and you would have to know how to raid with the changes to the game. I am in one of the top raiding US guilds and we will be lining up for the spots for t5...all t4 geared characters, full to near full AAs, used to working with the team to get things down (like Lurker and 3.5 bosses).
    Last edited by Anubium; 23rd July 2014 at 22:01.

New tier of raiding. Expanded AA tree and clear power progression, right now we have hit the ceiling and there is no way to further progress our characters, I have over thousand unspent mastery points on my main and other players probably have much more.
    Above all else FC needs to stop bullying players with unjustified soldier nerfs; it is hard to keep playing or come back to game when you don`t know if they are going to cripple your character beyond playability next week/month.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    It's just boring to world boss farm, though.
    Nevermind progression or equipment if the game goal mechanics is utterly boring. Developers forgot long ago what does it mean to explore the dangerous hyborian wilderness. Any sense of adventure has been replaced by the 'lets go shopping equipment' feeling. It's a joke and a shame this game keeps the name Conan.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast