Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Boss Fury vs Crom

Default World Boss Fury vs Crom

There is a huge difference in doing the world boss on Crom compared to Fury. On Crom it takes about 10 min (sometimes even quicker)for it to go down then you head off to the next instance and take down the next boss in another 10 mins and head off to the res pad and repeat for as long as you can be bothered. After a couple of hours you have 10 to 20 boxes to open. If your a low geared toon you should be well on your way to having an good purple outfit.
    On Fury, well, you need 30 min plus just to get enough toons to start the fight and then you need to allow another 60 minutes to down the boss. Normally you would be doing this while a few toons are picking up some easy kills doing some pvp farming. So once the boss has been downed there is no other instance to head to and even if there was most people need a break from such an epic battle.
    On crom you do not need to be in a raid to do the boss because none of you attacks hit other toons. On fury you need to be in a raid otherwise there is a good chance you will also be attacking other toons whilst you are attacking the boss.
    Now I know it is never going to happen but I think that the rewards on Fury for downing a boss should be much greater than on Crom. you should get 3 or 4 boxes (maybe even more)to open to Croms 1 box.
    At least on Fury you can have your particles on and see some pretty effects, on Crom you have to turn all the particles off and even then you still end up with a stuttering game play.

Well, I have a solution: Funcom should kick all PvP-fanatics from Crom to Fury. It's nice for Crom and useful for Fury
    Last edited by Belch; 9th July 2014 at 04:33.

The PVP servers need to govern themselves.

That can mean reaching a temporary agreement that epic instances are for PVE world boss farming while leaving normal instances for PVP - and enforcing it. This can make PVP servers awesome and hell at the same time.

If you like forming guild alliances and dealing with inter-guild politics, the PVP server is for you. I ran my guild on a PVP server for 4 years, and it was fun albeit extremely stressful - it's a lot easier and less stressful once we moved to the PVE server, and inter-guild politics are not as important.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

I've done 4 world bosses since coming over to Fury and each time except once I did not see any pvp happening during he fight. It's generally accepted that 95% of the players doing the boss try to keep it civil and actually take great care in minimizing actions that would make it take longer to kill the boss.

The last boss I killed I got booted from some random pug raid at like 5% and even still nobody really attacked me until it died.

I don't see this so called griefing going on, and if it happens 1 out of 25 times people come straight here to cry about it like it happens all the time, that's simply not the case-not from what I have seen.
    Doomsayer 2008

umm...... that is because crom is a pve server and fury is a pvp server.......

how does brain not compute?

Quote Originally Posted by Belch View Post
    Well, I have a solution: Funcom should kick all PvP-fanatics from Crom to Fury. It's nice for Crom and useful for Fury
    umm.... the world boss was intended as pvp content..

Amount and quality of rewards for killing worldboss on Fury should be lowered as it is pure bullsh*t. no tactics needed, just dumb shooting.
    the big reward is the epic cloak after you killed 12 bosses, thats enough.

I feel bad that you guys on fury are having such a hard time with the WB. BUT you did choose the pvp server. Anytime you do any pve content on a pvp server ppl will always be out to get you.

Why should PvP'ers care about WBs in the first place.

That content is rather crappy and cheap even from a PvE'er point of view.
    I for one get one kill per boss and that's it, and it's really because i'm a PvE'er that don't want to let a "legendary" quest go.

Actually, Furians should be glad that the entire server population does not farm those stupid strawmen all day long.

That being said, i like the suggestion about sending back all the furians who are on Crom at the moment to Fury.
    Not that i don't enjoy russian hackers, but well, they just look like a shiat on my floor.

World bosses on Crom should just disappear completely or just appear in the PVP enabled areas. That would be a bit less wrong on many levels.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast