Thread: Funcom Points Question...

Default Funcom Points Question...

Can I use Funcom Points to purchase gold currency for my character???

Just save your money. You will need 1 gold at lvl 40 to buy a horse and the basic riding skill. Until then you don't need to spend any money to buy anything at all besides potions. Doing it this way you will have that gold by then.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixima View Post
    No
    /to_short
    That's not entirely accurate. You can buy those chests from the shop with points, and then sell some of the items for gold. That 'Legendary' vanity/social armor set sells for 100's of gold on the trader. And the permanent morphs sell for a bit too. But it's a bit of a gamble, as those items are a rare drop from the chests.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

It was accurate.

The question was "Can I use Funcom Points to purchase gold currency for my character???" and the answer is still no.

It wasn't if he could maybe buy something in itemstore that might bring him an item he maybe could sell ingame for some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixima View Post

It wasn't if he could maybe buy something in itemstore that might bring him an item he maybe could sell ingame for some gold.
    That was sorta my point - you can do exactly that. Their are items in the shop, purchased with real money, that can be exchanged / sold for in-game gold. Can't buy it directly, but the end result is the same - real life cash is effectively able to generate in game currency.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Wink

You can purchase a Grand Treasure Chest with your Funcom points. With the Grand Treasure Chest you have a chance of recieving 1-6 Gold among other things. Good luck.