Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on update 4.3 so far

Quote Originally Posted by Iomhair View Post
    That's not the point at all. Of course you can get aggro as a guard if the dt is kind enough to allow it. The point is: Dt's can tank and do three or four times as much damage as a guard.

As a result, raids and groups will choose a dt over a guard any time.

In most T4s the only thing a guard is good for is catching the meteor. Even at the emporer they are vastly outperformed by the templars.

In that regard, this patch has been a huge disappointment.
    Yep, gotchya. Probably shootin my mouth off again =D

I believe that stuff's in the works anyway. Best off looking at TL to see what's being worked on, and talked about anyway. They still slip stuff through that seemingly comes from left field.

who uses a guard to catch meteor? It can be done by a ranger FFS

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Ty for the quick answer. I will search TL forums
    This may well be wrong but this is how it "feels" for me.

Taunts alone don't seem to be effected by hate modifiers to a large extent, perhaps I'm wrong but it seems this way.

For conqs and Dt's

Small amounts of passive hate generated from doing combos in defensive stance.

1 dps = 1 hate

% hate modifier is multiplied by your dps on some level. For example

1000 dps with a hate modifier of 10% = 1000 hate from dps alone + 100 hate due to your modifier. = (1100 hate + passive hate from combos)

Guards:

High amounts of passive hate generated from doing combos in defensive stance.

Dps and hate modifier as mentioned above.

I've always wondered if hate itself is linear or if you suffer diminishing returns as it gets higher?

Is hate x dps mechanics class specific or the same for all 3 classes?

Does the 7% you gain from provoke scale the same as 7% gained from gear alone?

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    who uses a guard to catch meteor? It can be done by a ranger FFS
    True of course. That's why you don't need a guard at all in T4

Some raids do that however. After all, the ranger can do damage and help control the essence when freed from that duty. And wether a guard hits the boss or not, that makes not much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Iomhair View Post
    True of course. That's why you don't need a guard at all in T4

Some raids do that however. After all, the ranger can do damage and help control the essence when freed from that duty. And wether a guard hits the boss or not, that makes not much of a difference.
    Well a raid leader could just try and get a traditional balanced raid together and give a damn about specific (dis)advantages of whatever class That works quite fine as well in all the content available imho. Sure it might no be as optimized as possible but it will work just fine.

Entity is the only encounter where it doesn't make sense to have a balanced raid.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Kascio View Post
    This may well be wrong but this is how it "feels" for me.

Taunts alone don't seem to be effected by hate modifiers to a large extent, perhaps I'm wrong but it seems this way.

For conqs and Dt's

Small amounts of passive hate generated from doing combos in defensive stance.

1 dps = 1 hate

% hate modifier is multiplied by your dps on some level. For example

1000 dps with a hate modifier of 10% = 1000 hate from dps alone + 100 hate due to your modifier. = (1100 hate + passive hate from combos)

Guards:

High amounts of passive hate generated from doing combos in defensive stance.

Dps and hate modifier as mentioned above.

I've always wondered if hate itself is linear or if you suffer diminishing returns as it gets higher?

Is hate x dps mechanics class specific or the same for all 3 classes?

Does the 7% you gain from provoke scale the same as 7% gained from gear alone?

Hope that helps.
    I think the hate generation methedology is FunCom's last secret =D

Still, I swear there was a hate/threat meter in one of the old parsers, so that likely had A formula if not the formula.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    I think the hate generation methedology is FunCom's last secret =D

Still, I swear there was a hate/threat meter in one of the old parsers, so that likely had A formula if not the formula.
    May be Funcom don't have old members anymore, and even don't know how agro system works.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    May be Funcom don't have old members anymore, and even don't know how agro system works.
    I think one or two of the community member's have been around a long while. But yeah, I got the impression when Craig took over, the dev team got a short, hard lesson in some of the crazy sheet that went down to get-****-done! before crunch time (it took over 5 years to dev AoC for release, and we all saw how that turned out. Damn shame, really).

Anyway, they likely did a good thing I think as a casual observer by trying to bring their resources togethor with the other two games (I have no idea what they share with AO, if anything besides tech-support!). When certain assets for one game are complete, you can pass that labour over to the other game and fix up things that need doing there, like next add on or like that armour release that fixed clipping for AoC (by the way, there's STILL hundred's of clipping errors, FC!)

My only disappointment with 4.3 is with conq gear. I see a conq can now purchase a one handed barb axe http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...e_red_tide.jpg, which is excellent for carnage conqs, but not two handed axe http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...e_red_tide.jpg, which would be extremely useful for brute conqs. Otherwise i believe this update was much needed and i supported it even two years ago when there was a petition about it.

I think funcom just hates it's playerbase...
    why in every circle of fiery hell would you make it even MORE competitive for tears?
    Really, I'm actually asking, as a concerned player looking for his last dragon tear would you make it so the soldier cape drops once in a ****ing blue moon and the tears only drop if you give the entity a handjob first? considering the whole MC fiasco weapons, and rings now appear at a much greater frequency than minor pieces, so why make them twice as expensive as majors? Here's a hint, that's not how economy works.
    Rage over.
    So how bout this weather?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast