Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on update 4.3 so far

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    and as a healer the talisman DT tanks can drive me crazy sometimes, when they are dying damn fast and 2 healers are barely enough to keep them alive (not every DT is like this, but I see more and more) while they are doing maximum dps.
    Stop healing them. Either they learn to play as part of a group/raid, or they stop playing in the group/raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    really, who is actually going to try and use FH on a DT in PVP? Cmon funcom, conq got the beating it deserved, time for the DT.
    Well now that it is possible.. why not?
    I'll do that on my sin.
    It's already possible to remove mage shield with FH, so why not use it on DT aswell?

Btw I didn't check in game yet: after removal does DT has some secs until he can get VoM buffs again?
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I completely agree! I'm also disappointed, that there was no DT changes what would balance PvE... and as a healer the talisman DT tanks can drive me crazy sometimes, when they are dying damn fast and 2 healers are barely enough to keep them alive (not every DT is like this, but I see more and more) while they are doing maximum dps. And when the ppl are complaining about it, they start crying that that's the only way how they can keep aggro... It's just not normal, that they do as much damage as a barb while tanking. I have a guard and I loved it until I've started tanking in khitai. I just simply feel like I have no chance. And let's not speak about T4, where most of the times there is 3-4 DTs, 2 conq because of res and maybe 1 guard...it's pretty ridiculous, but of course DTs are perfectly balanced. :/
    Well if Talisman DT would die fast there would be nothing to balance in PvE, going talisman would be just a DPS / survivability trade off.

The problem is that it is not: well geared / feated / played Tali DT has both insane survivability and DPS, while in Defencive Stance.
    Probably you have just played with bad DTs.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    really, who is actually going to try and use FH on a DT in PVP? Cmon funcom, conq got the beating it deserved, time for the DT.
    why is this a problem?
    Kinaputten

DTs are mostly strong when they are overgeared compared to content and in very few raid fights where bosses have low or no protection or where they can hit harmless adds and leech health from them like zodiac. Also they do very high dps only in full desecration spec which has many weaknesses, lack of aoe taunt for example. Depravity tanky builds with dread and seal of chaos have much lower dps than full desecration builds you love to hate.
    Guards on other hand can tank any boss DT can + they are better tanks in many situations like when you need to move boss a lot like hierophant in coils or in any protection fight. PvPers can`t whine anymore about VoM, any rogue can remove it anytime he wants with one press of button, and in PVE it is perfectly balanced right now. They could improve depravity builds but they are far more likely to break things than to fix them so it is better if everything stays this way.
    Let`s face it, right now almost any dps class can top the parse and sins or necros especially should always be on top if they are bellow DT they are played by incompetent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Stop healing them. Either they learn to play as part of a group/raid, or they stop playing in the group/raid.
    Lol That would be interesting. My best story (what I forgot to post) is: W3 HM, full T4 DT jumps in to help and the leader asks all the tanks to switch to tank spec, when the DT says - "BUT I'M A DT!!!" Yea, this is where we are, they are not tanks anymore.

I played with good ones and dps wh*res too, where I was sweating blood to heal up the DT on the crab in Ardashir Fort... Otherwise I never have any problem as soloheal, but that was the time I felt like ragequitting.

Hm, where are the small t4-conqswords, I only see the small barbswords to buy?

Lol That would be interesting. My best story (what I forgot to post) is: W3 HM, full T4 DT jumps in to help and the leader asks all the tanks to switch to tank spec, when the DT says - "BUT I'M A DT!!!" Yea, this is where we are, they are not tanks anymore.

I played with good ones and dps wh*res too, where I was sweating blood to heal up the DT on the crab in Ardashir Fort... Otherwise I never have any problem as soloheal, but that was the time I felt like ragequitting.
    Well I'm happy I learned to tank with sword/board as dt before i got gear and learned about tali tanking. It is fun but very simple to tali tank, but pretty silly what one can do by spamming a couple of combos.
    I don't mind if FC changes the dt, as long as they don't make it completely useless.

But balancing the dt will take more than a quickfix since all we got going for us is VOM atm.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by calindrill View Post
    Hm, where are the small t4-conqswords, I only see the small barbswords to buy?
    check rogue trader- south cleave is there

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast