Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fury: PvP Event week

As far as I know, only the anti-fear and stun of rogues from general can be used while swimming in the water. So...your range should finish them maybe with assist of cc from mage/priest.
    (because hey, they always have snare immunity )
    Last edited by Religolibri; 19th July 2014 at 03:50.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    To fix the alt farming they just need one instance. The multiple events going at once usually means there's one empty to exploit.

PS merge servers
    This is the completely wrong way.

1) The engine will not be able to handle the numbers, if you force all in one instance

2) The instance will effectively be closed for other intended uses (lowbie questing, levelling etc.). This is not worth it and very dangerous when it is a beginner levelling zone like white sands, conalls or tesso. even in kheshatta it is a problem, because it is one of very few lvl70-80 zones.

3) You will only enhance the bad effect you are already getting from rewarding only the strong. Even if you force people into one instance it will NOT mean you have more people to play with.

4) It will enhance the gap. We can agree fightclubbing is not an intended use, but the reward system and quest design just scream for it, especially with current population. Where will you draw the line? Assume there are 30 people in the zone, a jhebbal pops and soon after a fields of slaughter. Are those 6 remaining fightclubbing? If there are only 3 people in the zone and a gullah pops, are they fightclubbing?

Back to the gap: Without bringing in more people and motivating the weak to participate you will only strengthen the gear effect, since you effectively take away the "group up and kill the powerful" option. Quest designwise apart from fields of slaughter this option is also punished.

5) as you might remember in 2009 there were fightclubbers on white sands. you did not manage to force them to fight them back then, you will not do it now. For them it might be the only way to get some kind of competition ability or they have other goals. When disturbed they logged and came back when you as disturbance where gone. So where is the benefit by trying to enforce it? If you leave them alone you might even have more people at high people for minis or they come to your instance voluntarily when they think they are ready (i can give you a couple of example from well known gankers or big guild members who did exactly that and they are now very active in end game pvp). Fightclubbing might be some kind of Bori effect (or powerlevelling). It is not fun and you don't want to do it, but somehow you feel "forced" to do it, if you want to achieve certain goals in your rl lifetime.

Bottom line:
    - leave the fight clubbers alone
    - make the intended use of content more attractive, rewarding and faster than fight clubbing. This means also, that those "exploiting" empty areas will seek out the more populated ones voluntarily.

That is the way, that will work and deal with more than one fly in one catch.

First to do suggestions:
    - offer rewards for participating, especially 2nd and 3rd places. This means maybe random dropping body xp parts or drastically increasing the open pvp xp (can easily be linked to the global buff). also like jhebbal a quest for participating will help (link to activity, so fightclubbing will take longer)
    - link rewards to risk and power (e.g. a char in mixed pvet4 and pvpt4 gear will give different rewards than a new 80). This can be done via a multiplicator depending on enemies in vicinity, flexible quest rewards (for example, if you fightclub you will get less xp than when doing the quests in contested zone)
    - fix the quest design: fields of slaughter is fine so far...both winner and looser have a reason to fight, maybe just change one quest to make it targeted purely for the ones not holding the point, gullah is not working on low population (maybe make the chosen change more often and more randomly), the arenas are bugged...people are green, blue or read randomly it seems (meaning attackable or not, also you need rewards for more than the 1st place)
    - lower some prices in the shops or offer one time previews for just ingame gold
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th July 2014 at 06:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This is the completely wrong way.

1) The engine will not be able to handle the numbers, if you force all in one instance

2) The instance will effectively be closed for other intended uses (lowbie questing, levelling etc.). This is not worth it and very dangerous when it is a beginner levelling zone like white sands, conalls or tesso. even in kheshatta it is a problem, because it is one of very few lvl70-80 zones.

3) You will only enhance the bad effect you are already getting from rewarding only the strong. Even if you force people into one instance it will NOT mean you have more people to play with.

4) It will enhance the gap. We can agree fightclubbing is not an intended use, but the reward system and quest design just scream for it, especially with current population. Where will you draw the line? Assume there are 30 people in the zone, a jhebbal pops and soon after a fields of slaughter. Are those 6 remaining fightclubbing? If there are only 3 people in the zone and a gullah pops, are they fightclubbing?

Back to the gap: Without bringing in more people and motivating the weak to participate you will only strengthen the gear effect, since you effectively take away the "group up and kill the powerful" option. Quest designwise apart from fields of slaughter this option is also punished.

5) as you might remember in 2009 there were fightclubbers on white sands. you did not manage to force them to fight them back then, you will not do it now. For them it might be the only way to get some kind of competition ability or they have other goals. When disturbed they logged and came back when you as disturbance where gone. So where is the benefit by trying to enforce it? If you leave them alone you might even have more people at high people for minis or they come to your instance voluntarily when they think they are ready (i can give you a couple of example from well known gankers or big guild members who did exactly that and they are now very active in end game pvp). Fightclubbing might be some kind of Bori effect (or powerlevelling). It is not fun and you don't want to do it, but somehow you feel "forced" to do it, if you want to achieve certain goals in your rl lifetime.

Bottom line:
    - leave the fight clubbers alone
    - make the intended use of content more attractive, rewarding and faster than fight clubbing. This means also, that those "exploiting" empty areas will seek out the more populated ones voluntarily.

That is the way, that will work and deal with more than one fly in one catch.

First to do suggestions:
    - offer rewards for participating, especially 2nd and 3rd places. This means maybe random dropping body xp parts or drastically increasing the open pvp xp (can easily be linked to the global buff). also like jhebbal a quest for participating will help (link to activity, so fightclubbing will take longer)
    - link rewards to risk and power (e.g. a char in mixed pvet4 and pvpt4 gear will give different rewards than a new 80). This can be done via a multiplicator depending on enemies in vicinity, flexible quest rewards (for example, if you fightclub you will get less xp than when doing the quests in contested zone)
    - fix the quest design: fields of slaughter is fine so far...both winner and looser have a reason to fight, maybe just change one quest to make it targeted purely for the ones not holding the point, gullah is not working on low population (maybe make the chosen change more often and more randomly), the arenas are bugged...people are green, blue or read randomly it seems (meaning attackable or not, also you need rewards for more than the 1st place)
    - lower some prices in the shops or offer one time previews for just ingame gold
    man...... its people like you that ruined D3.

If you want to discuss d3 (which i never played) why not do it per pm (feel free to do that, because i am really interested what is wrong with d3) or in another thread.

In terms of this topic, why not give me examples how excessive controlling and enforcing design (like limiting instances and access) has been succesfull in a game (with successfull i mean popular with the majority involved and in terms of fanbase and population as well as in answering the question: "is the design working as intended?"). If we, obviously coming from different sides with different preferences and real life schedule, can find a suggestion working for both, it should actually work, shouldn't it?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th July 2014 at 08:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    If you want to discuss d3 (which i never played) why not do it per pm (feel free to do that, because i am really interested what is wrong with d3) or in another thread.

In terms of this topic, why not give me examples how excessive controlling and enforcing design (like limiting instances and access) has been succesfull in a game (with successfull i mean popular with the majority involved and in terms of fanbase and population as well as in answering the question: "is the design working as intended?"). If we, obviously coming from different sides with different preferences and real life schedule, can find a suggestion working for both, it should actually work, shouldn't it?
    the problem is this.

you have 2 options to get rewarded:
    1- practice, get better, learn more about the game.
    2- beg for nerfs, ask for more rewards for people that are too lazy to do step 1.

Sadly, gamers these days are very fast to go with option 2.

Still, if your option 1 is not working ... you should consider and rethink your design and system.

This is what i am suggesting, not option 2. I am also not talking about lazy people, but even in worst case people investing their time to play with others and want to have that practice (even fightclubbers, duelist and inguildpowerlevellers do this to some extend). If those get demotivated...your system is not working. No enforcement or telling them to l2p will help here.

I would even go one step further: The current quest design even favors your option 2, if you are in a certain core group of people (the powerlevel mind set). With the right contacts you can get pvp4 in one week and pvp7 in two event weeks. If this is not "freebie" compared to the effort others did put in before those quests, i don't know. And when your friends dominate the area it is not even a challenge or better than fightclubbing effectively. This would not be so bad, if this "sped up levelling" (or closing the gap) would apply to all participating or interested, but it is NOT. Yes, in theory it looks open and doable for all, but in practice it is not.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th July 2014 at 09:02.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123