Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tier tokens for pets

Default Tier tokens for pets

Hello,

I saw the new vendor and even tho I like all these pets it just leaves a concern to me.
    Using Raid token to buy the pets will drive people to do more raiding (and that's great!), but it will screw over people trying to get gear.

Now, Funcom, why didn't you just create a new token you get on top of the others killing raid bosses. Just adjust the amounts you roll out to the raid Tier.
    That way people will join more raids (vets will do T1 again for the pets) but leave the new players with the gear tokens.

Correct me if I misunderstood the vendor currency.

You dont do t1 and t2 raids for gear- thats what world bosses are for now. I assure you, you will never find yourself screwed out of t1 or t2 gear

Well I still think this could have been done better.

This is a legit issue.

I was in a semi-pug T3 yesterday where full T4 rogues were rolling on t3 urns and rare relics to finish their pet/morph collection while others needed it for gear.

Adding another token on top of the already existing raiding tokens doesn't seem smart but at least adding 1/2 rares and tears in T3/T4 would make sure people that want the gear still have the same chances of getting it.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 15th July 2014 at 23:04.

Simple solution: raid leaders set rules on who can roll on loot and if ninja looters roll on things they shouldn't, then reset to master loot.

Quote Originally Posted by -Meh- View Post
    Hello,

I saw the new vendor and even tho I like all these pets it just leaves a concern to me.
    Using Raid token to buy the pets will drive people to do more raiding (and that's great!), but it will screw over people trying to get gear.

Now, Funcom, why didn't you just create a new token you get on top of the others killing raid bosses. Just adjust the amounts you roll out to the raid Tier.
    That way people will join more raids (vets will do T1 again for the pets) but leave the new players with the gear tokens.

Correct me if I misunderstood the vendor currency.
    That won't happen though. This 'fix' was just to address the issue of geared out vets having huge numbers of useless tokens, and they will now be able to spend them on something interesting.

I don't think people who don't need them will take tokens over players who actually need gear /sarcasm off

Seriously though, having weapons and accessories was fine - to finish off toons sets. But having all those extra items - pets, morphs, etc is just asking for trouble. In guilds it'll probably be OK - rules can be set. But if you have all the gear, and pay the same sub as everyone else, you could argue you have every right to roll for tokens for frivolous crap. It would be an a-hole move though.

What if these vanity items / pets are all you are after? You'll likely never get the tokens for them, as their will always be someone who needs gear. For T1/T2 tokens it's not quite so bad, as Khitai gear trumps it, but I can't wait to hear the QQ when people roll for T3 rares to get the grim blade morph or whatever over someone who needed them for armor.

This has solved one problem, but in doing so has just created another problem. Maybe they could up the number of tokens that drop for each boss kill perhaps?
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

The raids will go smoother and faster with well geared experienced players in them. If I am in a guild raid, then we parcel out the rares and tears as needed: 'leftover' rot can get rolled on then for those who want them for vanity whatever.

If I am in a pug raid, then I would ask the policy of the raid leader before the run. Frankly, if I am doing a t1/t2/t3 pug raid then it will likely be only for relics/rares for the vanity stuff (and you can do wb for rares and t3 relics, my lousy ranger has two rares and about 57 relics already). So if it drops then I will roll on shrines and urns and rares IF the raid leader does not make rules prior to the raid.

If someone ninjas it, then kick them out and cross their vent/ts name and avatars off future raid lists.

Otherwise I don't do pug t1/t2s. Or t3s if not in guild. The new vanity stuff will get out more interest in raids though, and more raids being filled means more loot/tokens for the newcomers too.

Where is this new vendor by the way (been away a while)
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    On test live I think it'll appear in patch 4.3 though.

The raids will go smoother and faster with well geared experienced players in them. If I am in a guild raid, then we parcel out the rares and tears as needed: 'leftover' rot can get rolled on then for those who want them for vanity whatever.
    Well, tears aren't an issue (not used at vendor), but the t3 rares might be. There is ALWAYS a DT or Conq chasing them. I can't ever recall a soldier rare going to rot. Ever. Mage, rogue and healer - yes. But never for a soldier. I'm sure they do, of course, but it's gotta be rare right? And they are also needed for 3.5 gear as well. So good luck if you are on a tank that want's rares for the vendor.

And well geared raids are fine and all, but very few want to take them for that. They'll want to take alts that need..... rares. *SIGH* Do many take fully geared raids to farm t3 now? (for crafts maybe I guess) For what? More tokens they can't use? People take alt's - and an alt that needs gear will have priority over a vanity vistrix pet or whatever, right?

(Also, the WB does drop them, yes, but I think they are quite rare drops too.)

If anything, this will just favor rogues, mages and healers who will be able to roll on all the endless rot rares that drop, for vendor items, and soldiers once again will fall behind.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Its not in game yet, maybe within a week or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast