Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Shaman Premade build

Default Bear Shaman Premade build

I'm wondering what is the best build a Bear Shaman can use in a premade.

I don't like feating general (too much loss of useful stuff for little gain imho), so the first build I think about for a premade is a classical Iron Hide / Rampage build, like this:

http://goo.gl/5AhTDY

This is what I have tried so far in the few premades I was able to play - lot of fun btw, it's like playing Bear Shaman for the first time; this class imho finds its true meaning in a premade.

That build for what I could see works fine, but..

I like playing totally supportive in a premade, that means keep my flag carrier and DPSs alive, and make them in conditions to clear enemies around.
    By playing mostly with ranged DPS in group, I end most of the time CCing and DPSing barbs and tanks chasing my rangers and casters.
    It works, but by using a bubble spec with tanky accessories, and by playing in the back, after few tries my enemies end mostly ignoring (at least for what I could see so far) and just going stright for the DPS (good choice ofc).
    At this point my bubble looks a bit a waste, and I'd like having Bewilder to debuff those annoying melees, and Muti to keep them down faster.

So I was thinking, when it looks possible (under certain circumstances I think it could be possible) to use a Muti build like this:

http://goo.gl/309elr

I'm scared of loosing bubble, which can be useful for many reasons (like beeing backup if tank drops flag etc).
    And also to become an easy target without the extra tanky stuff like Claws of Life.

The question is not if Muti build is better is better than IH build in a premade.
    Most time of course it's not.
    The question is if sometimes it is better.

Waiting for feedback.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 11th July 2014 at 15:34.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I always use the standared iron hide/rampage spec. Just stay back and support your team, you shouldn't be getting kills or dieing.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Hey Hey Korando m8 Looking at your spec's I really believe you underestimate balance of nature. But this is your personal preference of course, I just think it buffs the team in a huge way, especially those guys in your team who need to kite and the pushers. The question if bubble or bewilder is a never ending story I think, haha. But after all both have advantages and downsides. I personally love bewilder because it is a life-saver for your squishy teammates- just pity that so few realise you save their ass with that

I am tinkerling with general tree a bit, and what do you guys think about this spec?:

http://goo.gl/NOv9lT

Only two points in Balance of nature But I don't want to sacrifice Empowered Renewal for energy regen.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Hey m8

Yes I'll take your suggestion for Balance of Nature.
    For a premade, looks better to have more points in it than in Endurance of the Bear.

About feat General, I gave some tries to it in the past and I didn't really like it. For a premade could be useful though, but I don't think I'm gonna try it soon.
    Anyway if I would feat General, I would feat exactly like you suggested.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

ether theft worth anything?

i spam anything that can drain mana on any of my toons

Ether theft grants mana to your group not only yourself. So most mana users will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    I'm wondering what is the best build a Bear Shaman can use in a premade.

I don't like feating general (too much loss of useful stuff for little gain imho), so the first build I think about for a premade is a classical Iron Hide / Rampage build, like this:

http://goo.gl/5AhTDY

This is what I have tried so far in the few premades I was able to play - lot of fun btw, it's like playing Bear Shaman for the first time; this class imho finds its true meaning in a premade.

That build for what I could see works fine, but..

I like playing totally supportive in a premade, that means keep my flag carrier and DPSs alive, and make them in conditions to clear enemies around.
    By playing mostly with ranged DPS in group, I end most of the time CCing and DPSing barbs and tanks chasing my rangers and casters.
    It works, but by using a bubble spec with tanky accessories, and by playing in the back, after few tries my enemies end mostly ignoring (at least for what I could see so far) and just going stright for the DPS (good choice ofc).
    At this point my bubble looks a bit a waste, and I'd like having Bewilder to debuff those annoying melees, and Muti to keep them down faster.

So I was thinking, when it looks possible (under certain circumstances I think it could be possible) to use a Muti build like this:

http://goo.gl/309elr

I'm scared of loosing bubble, which can be useful for many reasons (like beeing backup if tank drops flag etc).
    And also to become an easy target without the extra tanky stuff like Claws of Life.

The question is not if Muti build is better is better than IH build in a premade.
    Most time of course it's not.
    The question is if sometimes it is better.

Waiting for feedback.
    Ahhh u cannot please everybody in ur group..meaning casters,rangers,mellees,,meaning mana,stamina,energy,debuffing,etc...too many stuff..By analyzing on how u can manage all those separately..u gonna loose ur mind..My theory always..Simplify things...Be simple...Meaning stay alive is a priority for a healer...In order to heal more,cc more and dps also when its needed...So I would say bubble specc..!!!!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Ahhh u cannot please everybody in ur group..meaning casters,rangers,mellees,,meaning mana,stamina,energy,debuffing,etc...too many stuff..By analyzing on how u can manage all those separately..u gonna loose ur mind..My theory always..Simplify things...Be simple...Meaning stay alive is a priority for a healer...In order to heal more,cc more and dps also when its needed...So I would say bubble specc..!!!!!!!
    Yes Bubble spec for the win in premades.
    You don't get kills counted but that's not important.
    With the right gear you are like an unkillable rock, and that's what matter for your group.

Of course Muti is viable for "easy" premades, but that's just for kill show.
    Those would be win anyway.

I wish Funcom could seriously revamp BS feat trees..

the problem is no possibility to use healing bears perk,btw all builds are pointless cos pom tos > bs in premade.

Imo healing comes secondary to dps as a priority in a good premade. Now that being said bs may look strong but in balanced premade of 2 tanks 2 healers 1 rogue 1 mage by picking bs you are only gimping your team. Worse than picking guard over conq. By design bs is broken (probably best thing it can offer is drains) as it has no innate bubble, no aoe dps, no controlable burst dmg, and worse of all it has gear issues(really low constitution for a meele). The result is that vs any pro premade you will be dying (bubble or not) in the sequence of kb》tw》focused dps. In cases when others get the focus and you get the free out of rezpad card still your dps is low compared to the other healers in bubble specc. Sorry to say but kill count in the end speaks the truth

Korando i dont know your exp in premades but best support your flagger gets is when enemy is dying 1by1 and he gets to go frenzy. Flagger in frenzy is like a beast out of the cage and the scales turn even more in your favor.. i remember back in the days Jimro (pom) guildie from the law. The guy played ultra support (did he even cast offensive spells i still wonder). He was getting scores like 0-15 but made sure everyone had heals..the result was not good for his kdr and sometimes for his team. Why struggle to survive and not struggle to kill??? I m sure you ll get the feeling during premades. I always prefer the 2nd option
    Last edited by Anzu; 28th December 2016 at 16:32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast