Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How does goad work?

For a heal to be generating aggro the source should be mentioned in log for the mob to gain aggro from it.

For example [20:42:11] Foyn's Manifestation of Regrowth heals you for 64.

Foyn builds tiny amount of aggro because the mob sees him as the source of heal.

When you tap, the source in combatlog is not mentioned. (Player name is needed for mob to modify the hate list)
    In other words it's not you. Mob cannot see the source so there will be no aggro on hp tap.

[20:46:13] You are healed for 272 (health tap).
    Last edited by Vahush; 14th July 2014 at 20:03.

Silly question maybe but how does a parser measure it then?

How can somebody else's parser see my hps if there is no source in the combatlog?

Because the parser translates "You" to you char's name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

If a parser does it - what says AoC doesn't do the same thing?
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

People sure seem to speak with great authority on the matter of self heals when to be honest the matter is a huge unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Because the parser translates "You" to you char's name.

If a pre-heal can get a healer aggro the game must therefore recognise and log who did the pre-heal so it can send the mob their way.

I have no idea if it's possible but the it would be nice to get a real time aggro parser on screen. The game obviously calculates aggro in real time otherwise there would be in-game chaos.

Ah, but pre-heals are buffs running on the chars, that's why a pulling tank shouldn't have one. Most of the self-heals are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    How does goad work?
    You click it at the start of the fight and then as soon as it is off cool down you click it again, that's how goad works!
    'This signature grants me Immunity from any attempts by Geckoman to ban me'

yup, i went bit further and macroed it to brutal enraging strike starter

Patch 4.3 highlights. Goad removed. So everyone can stop using it and asking about it. YAY!! +1 Funcom.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast