Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How does goad work?

Default How does goad work?

Hi, I always though that when you use goad with a soldier this ability gives you the same agro that the one who was first in the agro table of the boss. I though that's why goad+irritate always make the boss hit me. But I've just read a post that says that goad resets the agro table instead of putting the one who used it on top of list.

I've have this feat on all my builts but I almost only use it when I die and I get a combat ress so I haven't got the chance to test it a lot.Can anyone explain me exactly what GOAD does?
    Last edited by xiulo88; 11th July 2014 at 13:10.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

As far as I understand it, goad will wipe the aggro sheat clean, so to speak. It will put you on top of the list, but will not automatically give you aggro. You have to start building aggro right after you used goad. If you do nothing, you get no aggro.

At least that is my understanding of it, though not sure if I'm correct

What I do know for certain however is that goad followed by irritate is going to get you the aggro, even against much better geard tanks.
    Of course only if the other guy stops hitting the mob like mad and gives you a chance to build aggro yourself. Communication is the keye here.
    Last edited by Iomhair; 11th July 2014 at 13:19.

This is a good discussion on that topic:

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...highlight=goad

I remember having the same discussion in length on my guilds forums about a year back. In the end we reached the conclusion that goad does most likely not wipe the aggrotable or not completely at least. What the arguments were for that I can't exactly remember.

In the TL topic I think Bogus is closest to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    This is a good discussion on that topic:

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...highlight=goad

I remember having the same discussion in length on my guilds forums about a year back. In the end we reached the conclusion that goad does most likely not wipe the aggrotable or not completely at least. What the arguments were for that I can't exactly remember.

In the TL topic I think Bogus is closest to the truth.
    Thanks a lot for the answer I didn't look for it on the test live forum.

I'll try to test what bogus and Ev1ls said.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

i think goad is broken on my conq, i dont even have it feated yet every time i go in the mini game everyone attacks me

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    i think goad is broken on my conq, i dont even have it feated yet every time i go in the mini game everyone attacks me
    lol. If you are being focused for all the team I'm alomst sure you have goad mob feated instead of goad.

it resets agro and makes boss turn for a second on person who used it, so if you or another tank uses burst agro right after it will go for the one who did the highest burst agro or a dps'er who did big burst damage.

its why your suggestion on testlive isnt needed at all.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

goad doesnt reset the aggro table....the easiest way to test that is when you solo tank and after you have build enough aggro you goad the boss yourself,chill up for 1-2 secs and check if dps takes it.

but does it act strange in various encounters? yes it does and from my experience the theory i got (which isnt easy to prove) is that FunCom plays a bit with the threat threshold bosses need to change target.sometimes goad+combo rotation is enough sometimes it isnt and you need an aggro tool as well.

why afk-dead(and ressed) tanks after goad seem to have more trouble establishing solid aggro? cause all the tank classes while fighting build up buffs that boost dps=aggro ,the afker is starting very low and thus after goad+aggro tools they need more time to boost their threat due to being away from fight,especially if the tank they goaded from continues to hit.
    Last edited by sardanapal; 11th July 2014 at 16:42.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    goad doesnt reset the aggro table....the easiest way to test that is when you solo tank and after you have build enough aggro you goad the boss yourself,chill up for 1-2 secs and check if dps takes it.

but does it act strange in various encounters? yes it does and from my experience the theory i got (which isnt easy to prove) is that FunCom plays a bit with the threat threshold bosses need to change target.sometimes goad+combo rotation is enough sometimes it isnt and you need an aggro tool as well.

why afk-dead(and ressed) tanks after goad seem to have more trouble establishing solid aggro? cause all the tank classes while fighting build up buffs that boost dps=aggro ,the afker is starting very low and thus after goad+aggro tools they need more time to boost their threat due to being away from fight,especially if the tank they goaded from continues to hit.
    my experience is what i stated, even if it doesnt work officialy as an agro reset tool that is what it does infact do.

if a tank dies and he goads he will only get back into agro table if and only if he does his best agro burst immidiatly after goad, if another tank does higher agro burst then the other tank will get agro, adjacent if boss get's goaded and no soldier does an agro burst the guy who does the highest burst dps will get agro imidiatly.

this is particularly notorious in bosses wich have agro reset mechanics like hator-ka in teleport phase or general if you kill polearm boss, likewise but to a lesser degree this is still noticeable on no magic mitigation bosses have this observed behaviour of goad like i described above.

other less exotic bosses wich seem more rare, you goad and for like 1-2 seconds agro goes on user after that will go on person with highest agro.
    only way to use goad eficiently is to burst agro immidiatly after goading to make sure agro stays on you, else it will go on other tank.
    dps'er who did highst burst damage tends to happen pulling agro after goad less on normal mitigation bosses and on bosses with no agro reset mechanics.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 11th July 2014 at 17:27.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Goad does what it say, gives you the same level of aggro as the one that has the highest at the time.

It works this way and is completly predictable.

tomhets claims can easy be disproven by going to onyx, have a tank do about 50% damage to one mob then goad, then have a dps fire everything he got and observe no reset in play.
    I am Stian ingame...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast