Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Will Make Age of Conan Successful...

Default What Will Make Age of Conan Successful...

What would make Age of Conan more successful and what would give the game more longevity life in the years to come folks???

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Corak73 View Post
    What would make Age of Conan more successful and what would give the game more longevity life in the years to come folks???
    With the risk to see my post deleted (again lol) i would say:

- Better Marketing (the game is almost unknown). The Steam "move" was nice, but is still not enought imho.
    - Improve the bandwidth, keeping an eye on European's players (they pay for the game like NA) who seen ping nearly doubled since the server transfer.
    - New improved Graphinc Engine to allow play massed battle w/o scaling setting on a 3.000 $ game computer (i usually have to set myself only particle and reduce aliasing quality in WB events to mantain 30 fps).
    -And not for last, i hope that some "giant" of videogames industry (EA, Blizzard, etc. ) buy Funcom to give more founds for game development :P (ok now i risk ban lol)

/cheers

Humans that don't prefer ****.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post
    With the risk to see my post deleted (again lol) i would say:

- Better Marketing (the game is almost unknown). The Steam "move" was nice, but is still not enought imho.
    - Improve the bandwidth, keeping an eye on European's players (they pay for the game like NA) who seen ping nearly doubled since the server transfer.
    - New improved Graphinc Engine to allow play massed battle w/o scaling setting on a 3.000 $ game computer (i usually have to set myself only particle and reduce aliasing quality in WB events to mantain 30 fps).
    -And not for last, i hope that some "giant" of videogames industry (EA, Blizzard, etc. ) buy Funcom to give more founds for game development :P (ok now i risk ban lol)

/cheers
    You're absolutely right!!

More active devs on our forum for better communication, better modding options and support. Both things TSW got plenty of and we got... none!

Player developed content both increase the value of a title, it saves developer time and players usually make the tools that the community asks for, if given the chance. Player developed content has also proven over and over again to extend life of games way beyond their expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    More active devs on our forum for better communication, better modding options and support. Both things TSW got plenty of and we got... none!

Player developed content both increase the value of a title, it saves developer time and players usually make the tools that the community asks for, if given the chance. Player developed content has also proven over and over again to extend life of games way beyond their expiration date.
    They were headed in that direction, but the mods got ZERO support from Funcom. We all tried, as an advocate who was involved with it till the end, but they just didn't want any part of the community. In fact, it was not possible for us to talk to anyone in the end outside of the PM you all had. Before, we would at least chat in vents and etc and discuss ****.

Funcom never got it. The community was large, a lot of commentary from so many. I guess it wasn't easy for them to filter out the "noise".

Default youtube/facebook and other free resources

For what it's worth, I have noticed new Youtube videos promoting AoC. The videos are nothing but spam since there are dozens of them listed and they all say same thing, "Download Age of bla bla bla." At first I was excited to see AoC promoted but then I saw how many there were and they spam it all day every day, so that turned into a big fat turn-off. Not to mention the spam videos are really badly done. Just search age of conan and filter ur search to this week.

And since we're on Youtube, Funcom's youtube channel has ONE age of conan video on it. Just ONE! Plenty of TSW and Lego, none on AO or whatever else Funcom does. Funcom can post videos on Youtube for $free$, and there is ONE for aoc. I don't do Facebook so don't know what funcom is doing on facebook, for FREE. There's a silly 3 part video of joel doing something that was too painful to watch so I have no idea what kind of foolishness he was up too but it looked like a 14 year old wrote and produced it.

Honestly though, I just don't think Funcom cares enough about AoC to do anything more than what they have been doing, and not doing, to AoC for the pass 6 years.

This RustyJudge has seen enough evidence.
    Last edited by kinlock; 10th July 2014 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    For what it's worth, I have noticed new Youtube videos promoting AoC. The videos are nothing but spam since there are dozens of them listed and they all say same thing, "Download Age of bla bla bla." At first I was excited to see AoC promoted but then I saw how many there were and they spam it all day every day, so that turned into a big fat turn-off. Not to mention the spam videos are really badly done. Just search age of conan and filter ur search to this week.

And since we're on Youtube, Funcom's youtube channel has ONE age of conan video on it. Just ONE! Plenty of TSW and Lego, none on AO or whatever else Funcom does. Funcom can post videos on Youtube for $free$, and there is ONE for aoc. I don't do Facebook so don't know what funcom is doing on facebook, for FREE. There's a silly 3 part video of joel doing something that was too painful to watch so I have no idea what kind of foolishness he was up too but it looked like a 14 year old wrote and produced it.

Honestly though, I just don't think Funcom cares enough about AoC to do anything more than what they have been doing, and not doing, to AoC for the pass 6 years.

This RustyJudge has seen enough evidence.
    All they gotta do is put Henryx's videos on there and problem solved. Well maybe not solved, but it would be a start. Lol
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Too late already.
    They should have been dedicated to the game from the start till forever...and the current situation shows that they never loved what they were doing...even with staff changes,bla bla bla...all the same...
    So better move on and do a new game from the start...wait..nevermind...i lost my hope on this company when they announced LEGO...LOL

peace & HF

PS: The game is the best MMO ever,but Funcom makes it the worst MMO ever + worst community ever.

Less greediness!
    They sacrificed the most of the playerbase for $20 monthly saving on the cheaper NA servers..

Also they were too greedy to buy a cheat protection..

They also been stupid enough to listen to whining instead of reasoned suggestions..

So in short they were stupid enough to destroy a great game so they won't be able fix it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast