Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] Are you happy about "energy 4 sprint?"

I think they should remove that stupid bar and increase base w speed to shift + w speed

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    There were so many better ways to fix this problem, unfortunately game designers have to listen to idiots wearing suits rather than people with an ounce of creativity... like myself!
    No. Having a dedicated resource for sprinting makes sense, since a shared resources gives rise to a myriad of complex issues which render any attempt at balancing futile.

If you have a hybrid resource, "pricing" any new ability is hard, since you don't just need to consider the opportunity costs of using another ability, but also have to factor in movement. If you consider that classes have different mobility needs (at its simplest, rogues should be more mobile than soldiers), this is a difficult task in itself.

Hybrid resources become even harder to manage when you consider the impact of drains and regens. Giving a drain to one class can have unintended effects one or several another classes, due to the price of other classes' abilities. Regeneration abilities are likely to have the same type of arbitrary effects - and in fact, such arbitrary effects are likely to reinforce each other.

So on the design side, a hybrid system is very complex to manage. But by contrast, on the player's side, a hybrid system is hardly more challenging than a dedicated resource, if the dedicated resource is implemented properly. Of course, implementation is precisely the point where the energy system has its flaws (such as FC's failure to properly implement drains and regens, or the somewhat arbitrary balancing of energy pools and regeneration).

By way of example, GW2 (dodge) and Neverwinter (tactical powers that use stamina) also have a dedicated resource for movement, and they work out fairly well.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

clearly NO
    instead of balancing stamina and linked abilities they created a new source wich brought many problems, these are:

stamina drain is now useless
    some abilities are useless now
    melees and ranger have now unlimited stamina
    another source the system needs to calculate (less is better)
    you don't need that much skill anymore
    poorly designed

means

BRING BACK THE OLD SYSTEM AND REMOVE ENERGY, CIRITH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit by Anzu: You shouldn't do that. It makes me hungry.
    Last edited by Anzu; 14th July 2014 at 22:44.

yes im happy with stamina bar
    you know, game is not all about pvp...
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    yes im happy with stamina bar
    you know, game is not all about pvp...
    Shh, don't tell PVP players that!

I wish FC showed the percentage who seriously PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Shh, don't tell PVP players that!

I wish FC showed the percentage who seriously PVP.

Easily 90%+, you know the ones who left.

This game was designed and advertised as a brutal, bloody, pvp game. Record sales. Pvp ignored and the new game director at the time tried to wow(pve) it up. He now actualy works at blizzard on wow. Game now has the lowest pop ever from going the pve route. FC doesn't have to show who seriously pvps, the majority already left. Game started with over 50 servers, had to add more pvp servers. Now we are down to 2.1 servers. Numbers speak for themselves...
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 15th July 2014 at 13:01.

It's funny though, WoW still has way more pop on pvp servers than pve ones nowadays (at least EU side, didn't check Asia/US). Same story with Wildstar recently released, biggest server (EU) is a pvp server and the best raiding guilds are actually there too. World first lvl 50 was also on that same EU pvp server (unbelievable but true, guess he wasn't too worried about ganking being ahead of everyone though lol)

Something went very very wrong with AoC, I can tell you that. PvP makes more money and is way more durable than pve, that's even more true on a game with good combat (AoC, Wildstar). Oh and what's the most streamed activity on WoW these days? Arenas... And don't even get me started on games like LoL and whatever.

Some of the pvers on AoC are frankly some of the weirdest and most deluded people I have ever seen. The combat system (well the only truly remarkable thing is actually melee) of AoC doesn't even matter in pve, it's not like mobs will try to dodge your combos. There's a few tricks like directional shields and whatnot but that's not exactly impressive compared to what other games offer in pve.
    Last edited by kalston; 15th July 2014 at 15:42.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default 2 birds 1 stone (not an inuendo)

Fix for:
    1) latency exploiters (bunny hoppers)add a sprint drain to jumping...
    2) requiring to manage dumbed down energy system

Action:
    Jumping should require half energy that of a double tap... sprint jumping should equal sprint drain + a double tap equivalent in energy drain

Reasoning:
    will force bunny hop latency exploiters to choose how much to exploit it. too much = exhausted. Job done.

There's no need to spam jump during running other than to make yourself appear to teleport infront of enemies.

Nobody on here can deny that they bunny hop in different directions to make people miss due to latency because sprinting and running does the same thing but without the lag. That's a fact, don't be in denial.

bunny hopping is for WoW not Hyboria. It just looks naff.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast