Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Boss Fury vs Crom

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    The PVP servers need to govern themselves.
    It's easy every time i wanted to kill the world boss i did..
    Always will be some gankers around and some peoples who want to do the event.
    If you guys really want to kill it then you put away that you want to kill the other guild, invite them to the raid then kill everyone who doesn't want to join.. that's all

It's not just for world boss, inv everyone who can help you to reach your goal if he decline your inv then kill him...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    When I 'ran' to Crom, I opened up my game play. Now I can solo quest in Khitai ...
    You "opened" up your gamelay by playing solo on an mmorpg? MMOrpg?

Game advertised as a brutal mmorpg pvp game. Record breaking sales.

Over 50 servers, 25 in the us. Had to add MORE pvp servers!

Pvp ignored. Pvers wanted more powerful characters to be able to tackle computer mobs/raids/6mans with less effort. Overpowered soldiers created, conq, vom, etc. Many more detrimental negative pve influences, including pvp gear depndency.

Game now has ONLY 2.1 servers, population shrinking everyday.

But it's ok, because you can SOLO khitai now...

If I don't play the game, then I can't be in raids and do the MMO part. Or talk in global. Or talk in guild chat.

There will be times when I can't commit to an hour of in group play, or where I don't want to go on pugs and would like to spend time doing the world boss or farm quillins or something else equally mindless as a stress relief.

I was not able to do that on Fury. Used to be able to enjoy questing on Cimmeria, as there were 'unspoken' rules about people attacking others while engaged with mobs (and had guildies who would come out and have discussions about farming lowbies, etc). Once Tyranny merged, things changed. I finally gave up when I was not able to do solo quests in northern grasslands and I don't like asking for help in game for 'solo' things anyway.

So, yes, I had less gameplay options on Tyranny and Fury than on Crom. Just because I am in a MMO doesn't mean that I want to spend all my game time in a group or raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I finally gave up when I was not able to do solo quests in northern grasslands and I don't like asking for help in game for 'solo' things anyway (in an mmorpg).

The unfortunate mindset that sped up the downfall of this game.

On the world boss...is there any way that Funcom could link two raids together (like on sieges) so that you could have all 48 people in the zone fighting the boss and not getting friendly fire?

That might make it easier to take the thing down in a timely fashion.

im proud to say iv been part of a couple groups/raids that either reset the boss or had the boss take more than 2h to down because of pvp (aka wipe the raiders and take the world boss, drag it far away on the map from rez spot and kill it there)

world bosses and pvp events have made aoc that much more awesome

Default The Black One Executioner

Well, This world boss has balanced the WB experience on both servers.
    The fight is very similar now on fury as on crom.
    Fury even gets to deal with the "which instance" issue that crom only had before.
    The smaller instances has had a positive effect on the lag issues on crom and now the fight on crom will take as long as the fight on Fury.
    One thing I do not understand is, why pick a map that you can not port too, and then put the boss far away from were you zone in, in a map you can not use a mount. And put the boss far away from res pad, Funcom must realise that the boss will be dragged to res pad. Maybe this might discourage the farming that goes on, if it does then great on crom but on Fury I do not think you want to discourage anyone from WB, as it is there is a lot less interest on Fury for WB after the first couple of days.
    But of all the WB's so far this one is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    World bosses on Crom should just disappear completely or just appear in the PVP enabled areas. That would be a bit less wrong on many levels.
    How can you justify wanting to judge and control other people's experience so much? If you dislike PVE so much, that's fine but please don't blame the PVE players for what ails the PVP population of the game.

I've been playing online RPG's and MMO's since they first came out back in the days of Ultima Online and online Baldur's Gate multiplayer. I've worked in the gaming industry. The truth of the matter is that the PVP subset of any online gaming community is a sort of fickle 'elite'.

PVPers tend to move from game to game, like predatory and migratory tribesmen, looking for 'the next great challenge' and seeking the cutting edge of competitive gaming, and as a community they tend to lock onto fads and move on after a game has been around for awhile, jumping ship and latching onto the next flavor of the season. From an MMO design point of view, PVPers are not particularly loyal customers, though they DO SPEND enormous amounts of cash in the initial stages of their fanaticism on a game. However once their enthusiasm has spent itself, they tend to move onwards like a swarm of locusts once they have consumed everything there is to consume (in their limited point-of-view).

The casual PVE-gamer is the boring and median line, but is also the bread-and-butter for every game developer. This trend has only continued to grow over the last 10-15 years or so, and if the observation of the online gaming and micro-transactions versus subscriptions model is observed, it's the casual gamers who will continue to be the life's blood of online gaming as a industry and as a community.

The disdain that the PVP community here in AoC holds for the PVE gamer-side is an unhealthy symptom of a toxic community. You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that the influence of PVP upon this game and Funcom as a client-to-developer relationship is well past the honeymoon stage. Stop attacking the people who are helping support the game, your fellow players. If you want to play apart, then be apart. But stop telling them they need to play like you because if that's what they found enjoyable, they would have already taken the road you've traveled.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    That's just what crom players do not understand. When you ran to crom, you restricted your game play more... (snip) ...On Fury, your guild can mean everything and it adds amazing dynamic to the game. (snip)
    See this is part of what I just said above. It's what PVP players on Fury and Rage don't understand- what they find 'fun' and 'amazing' is laborious, painful, degrading, and patently 'un-fun' for many PVE players. People have different tastes, and react differently to different ideas, different flavors, and different experiences. What is one person's sacred cow is another person's Big Mac. Choice is important yes, but that choice was offered and made when a person decided to play on a given server. Please have respect for that choice if you wish for other people to respect your choices.
    Last edited by Ming-Ming; 7th August 2014 at 03:31.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-Crunch View Post
    One thing I do not understand is, why pick a map that you can not port too, and then put the boss far away from were you zone in, in a map you can not use a mount. And put the boss far away from res pad, Funcom must realise that the boss will be dragged to res pad.
    Why White Sands? Because it's were Black Ones are. It's Howard lore.

Why do the boss pop far from the instance entrance? For the same reason. Black Ones are only found near their ruins.

Why away from the rez pad? Because people are supposed to work as a team to kill him, and to pay attention, and think. If you do that, the boss can probably be killed in less than 20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Why away from the rez pad? Because people are supposed to work as a team to kill him, and to pay attention, and think. If you do that, the boss can probably be killed in less than 20 minutes.
    How you can "work as a team" with 8-19 levels (White Sands THEIR zone) who usually fill that instance and don't want to fight with WB who have 21 million HP?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast