Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of Fury

Default Future of Fury

Hi, I would like to ask you about the future development of AoC.
    I am playing on fury for about 4-5 years with breaks. I came back after 2 months and I think the population is on the lowest level in the history. I would say if it is playing 100-150 ppl than it is a lot. According to how I understand MMO, this number seems odd to me. You can do minis but all time with same ppl. Global is full of 2-3 different trolls and so on.

MY guestion is what AoC is going to offer players on Fury to stay subscribed players. One server tech as promised 12 months ago, server merge with crom so we can do something more or you will just hope that 50% of players will pay transfer and the other half will just end?

I think a large part of the future for Fury is going to be up to the players.

For example, the "mega" guild thing hurts the server more than helps it. All these guilds merging into one, then going to the pvp event and have a few people to fight if they are lucky. If that doesn't work then there simply is no pvp event.

This goes for premades as well. All the best pvpers in the game all join one to three guilds, but only a couple will do premade teams. Funcom needs to add incentive to this somehow...maybe create a form of leader board or score that goes beyond k/d.

Tons of people are on Crom, why is this? I think a lot of it has to do with population and filling raids. Fury doesn't really raid and as much as pve is hated by some it is necessary for a healthy server.

phase 3 is the answer!

Quote from APRIL 2013 Dev letter
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...ter_april_2013

"Much requested by the community has been the consolidation of the player base. People have been hoping for the implementation of the single server tech which was used on The Secret World. During the last months we have been doing a pretty thorough investigation of what this would require and we have concluded upon a series of basic steps which will allow us to achieve most of the functionality from The Secret World."

"Phase Three - Implement the basic cross server network layers - this will finally allow for cross server PvP and PvE queues! This is the most difficult and error prone step in the process - it isn’t simply a matter of ripping the code out of TSW and throwing it in Conan. However if the first two phases are in place, we should be able to achieve this – and knowing the great results it brought TSW I can’t wait to see this live for AoC."

Problem is we have hear nothing about phase 3 for 15 months!!

i asked about single server tech a couple months back, result was that they might have the resources to do so after summer 2014 and then they might consider it.

with the current state of fury , i cant be bothered to log on any more. fury doesnt provide the pve i need, crom doesnt provide the pvp i need

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    i asked about single server tech a couple months back, result was that they might have the resources to do so after summer 2014 and then they might consider it.

with the current state of fury , i cant be bothered to log on any more. fury doesnt provide the pve i need, crom doesnt provide the pvp i need
    Do you have a link from funcom saying this?

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Do you have a link from funcom saying this?
    Ofc not, why would they use time and money just to include 12 f2p players in minis on crom.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post

This. There is no point for me to be logged on other than the open world event week.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    This. There is no point for me to be logged on other than the open world event week.
    I would like to see more puggles

Thanks for replies guys, but to be honest it wasnt question for. However, your answers will help to bring more views and also the attention of GM's.

The problem is that they announced all the changes 15 months ago but they are not making them.

So I would like to get some answers from AoC development team about development plan in order to increase a server population (date of server merge, date of starting one server tech or atleast some action plan). Because the promises are free, the action takes money (and as we can see in Funcom's financials revenue from AoC nad TSW dropped down by 36% in Q1 2014...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast