Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Role playing & writing your own lore

Quote Originally Posted by Tawhid View Post
    Has followers of Mitra some prophets?
    oh hell yeah! Epemitreus the Sage

The Phoenix on the Sword by REH
    http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600811h.html

"My lord, this is a matter beyond human understanding. Only the inner circle of the priestcraft know of the black stone corridor carved in the black heart of Mount Golamira, by unknown hands, or of the phoenix-guarded tomb where Epemitreus was laid to rest fifteen hundred years ago. And since that time no living man has entered it, for his chosen priests, after placing the Sage in the crypt, blocked up the outer entrance of the corridor so that no man could find it, and today not even the high-priests know where it is. Only by word of mouth, handed down by the high-priests to the chosen few, and jealously guarded, does the inner circle of Mitra's acolytes know of the resting-place of Epemitreus in the black heart of Golamira. It is one of the Mysteries, on which Mitra's cult stands."
    Retired

Epemitreus the Sage was a priest of Mitra who was entombed in Mount Golamira.

Again, I caution you against writing directly comparing to real life prophets, but feel free to use the REH lore as a basis for your guild lore. (But I think you may need to do a lot more reading of REH’s stories before you start writing. Take some notes while you pour through his pulp fiction.)

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Phoeni...word_%28REH%29

Quote:
    “Only the inner circle of the priestcraft know of the black stone corridor carved in the black heart of Mount Golamira, by unknown hands, or of the phoenix-guarded tomb where Epemitreus was laid to rest fifteen hundred years ago. And since that time no living man has entered it, for his chosen priests, after placing the Sage in the crypt, blocked up the outer entrance of the corridor so that no man could find it, and today not even the high-priests know where it is. Only by word of mouth, handed down by the high-priests to the chosen few, and jealously guarded, does the inner circle of Mitra's acolytes know of the resting-place of Epemitreus in the black heart of Golamira. It is one of the Mysteries, on which Mitra's cult stands."

Ah, Slith beat me to it. He usually beats me.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

This whole new sub-culture of Conan makes me see it will not be that easy to just write lore out of no knowledge and then link it to a new guild, even if it will be transformed to a sect with (fabricated) texts and traditions from a prophet as it's guiding light. It could be a follower of Mitra who in quite recent time tried to reform the teachings as well. The challenge might become to big and/or a bit boring.

Thanks for all helpful links and tips!
    Tawhid

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Epemitreus the Sage was a priest of Mitra who was entombed in Mount Golamira.

Again, I caution you against writing directly comparing to real life prophets, but feel free to use the REH lore as a basis for your guild lore. (But I think you may need to do a lot more reading of REH’s stories before you start writing. Take some notes while you pour through his pulp fiction.)

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Phoeni...word_%28REH%29

Quote:
    “Only the inner circle of the priestcraft know of the black stone corridor carved in the black heart of Mount Golamira, by unknown hands, or of the phoenix-guarded tomb where Epemitreus was laid to rest fifteen hundred years ago. And since that time no living man has entered it, for his chosen priests, after placing the Sage in the crypt, blocked up the outer entrance of the corridor so that no man could find it, and today not even the high-priests know where it is. Only by word of mouth, handed down by the high-priests to the chosen few, and jealously guarded, does the inner circle of Mitra's acolytes know of the resting-place of Epemitreus in the black heart of Golamira. It is one of the Mysteries, on which Mitra's cult stands."

Ah, Slith beat me to it. He usually beats me.
    ah nice We should have a beer together and nerd out about Conan lore
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Tawhid View Post
    ... transformed to a sect with (fabricated) texts and traditions from a prophet as it's guiding light. It could be a follower of Mitra who in quite recent time tried to reform the teachings as well. ...
    I would never discourage you from writing. My old guild's leader had an alt who was our prophetess. It worked very well for RP.
    Use as much or as little lore as you want to. I was cautioning against overt real world religion, but you can of course write your guild's backstory and in-game religious beliefs.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

No role playing or members with any obligations to follow any ones teachings! More like a reason to write.
    Tawhid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12