Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    geldour sometimes when you post stuff like this you lose alot of credibility
    But he speaks the truth. There wont be a balance unless all class do exactly the same thing. If they do exactly the same thing then there is no need for more than 1 class.

That is why right now a lot more mmos are adopting the 1 class that can learn all abilities in game its whatever way you choose to spec your character that changes the balance.

AOC there is never going to be a balance in pvp ever, its 5 years too late.

You have classes like ranger, that does insane burst dps and have better survivability than most other classes. Then you have a healer class pom that has nearly every single CC in game, and a fear that has NO cool down practically. You also have class like tanks who get best armor, more health and decent dps.

its just imbalance after imbalance.

TTS was never the problem with Rangers, it was just an annoying mechanic that let bad players get kills easily and was good in premades for instantly finishing people off.

The real problem with rangers remain unchanged:

1. Rending Strikes does too much damage
    2. Pen Shot is spamable when using the Running Shot Perk so you have basically free CC immunity whenever you want
    3. Exhausting traps are back to their original first revamp form and drain way too much mana and stamina
    4. Passive Speed buff is enough to where only barbs and sins and maybe soldiers in veteran boots can keep up with rangers if they run.
    5. Lack of a 2nd los check allows rangers to effectively shoot 360 degrees without ever having to remain in the field of vision during their casts and will always hit as long as the target was in their initial pov at the start of the cast.

Fixing TTS was just a minor change, rending strikes and exhausting traps and the 2nd los check are the main issues most people have about rangers.
    Doomsayer 2008

They changed exhausting trap again? and i was wondering why i was so low on stam/Mana yesterday pvping. -.-

Why isnt that mentioned in the changelog? Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    They changed exhausting trap again? and i was wondering why i was so low on stam/Mana yesterday pvping. -.-

I didn't notice a change. Still oom all the time with the traps.

Suctum, what you mean second Los check? If I shoot, and you run behind something, I don't hit you. It misses. Just looking for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    TTS was never the problem with Rangers, it was just an annoying mechanic that let bad players get kills easily and was good in premades for instantly finishing people off.

The real problem with rangers remain unchanged:

1. Rending Strikes does too much damage
    2. Pen Shot is spamable when using the Running Shot Perk so you have basically free CC immunity whenever you want
    3. Exhausting traps are back to their original first revamp form and drain way too much mana and stamina
    4. Passive Speed buff is enough to where only barbs and sins and maybe soldiers in veteran boots can keep up with rangers if they run.
    5. Lack of a 2nd los check allows rangers to effectively shoot 360 degrees without ever having to remain in the field of vision during their casts and will always hit as long as the target was in their initial pov at the start of the cast.

Fixing TTS was just a minor change, rending strikes and exhausting traps and the 2nd los check are the main issues most people have about rangers.
    1. just compare this to other dots...or move it in the feat tree, so that the 5 points are not mandatory useable to get linebreaker

2. yes, this is bad...but sounds like a running shot problem

3. yes, this seems to be the case

4. not sure what the reason here is, because in theory barbs should have same AA buffs, gear options and even better +% synergy. Maybe the +% speed feat applies to "actual" speed (giving exponential multipliers) instead basic speed (so the multipliers would only add up)

5. If they change this , they need to change it for all attacks. Same argument works for melee attacks. In addition the keyboard turn speed needs to be increased to compete with instant mouse turn and strafe speed.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 20th July 2014 at 13:18.

1. Rending strikes is an essential feat for PVE DPS, I see no way that this could be nerfed without gimping the hell out of rangers. I do agree with moving it out of the linebreaker feat path.
    2. Either give the buff after the attack is complete or make the AA apply a passive CC resist %
    3. Exhausting traps are ridiculous. I use the hell out of them simply because I can disable any class in game if I kite well enough. Perhaps make it apply "exhausting traps immunity"
    4. Rangers have less sprint time than all classes in game. Base time of 10 seconds with the AA sprint increase probably evens out with mages but you demos have your speed buff, should be no problem catching rangers if you avoid their traps.
    5. Just to all those who responded to you... He is referring to the fact that a ranger can start an attack on you, you run behind them, and they hit you still without turning. Idk how I feel about changing this, I'd much rather them just remove ranger revamp entirely, combo system would bring skill back into play
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    I didn't notice a change. Still oom all the time with the traps.

Suctum, what you mean second Los check? If I shoot, and you run behind something, I don't hit you. It misses. Just looking for clarification.
    Yes, if you run behind scenery to block los then it does not go off. But if the ranger has you in los at the start of the cast and you run behind him during the cast then there is no 2nd los check like most casters have and he shoots you even if you circle strafed at the last moment. Rangers can simply stand still and shoot 360 degrees if your trying to force yourself out of their los if your circle strafing, only scenery blocks it.

That needs to change, no other caster has that advantage. And of course fixing that means they would fix the ranger turn speed, that's implied.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post

It was a while back actually, and it was on accident. Of course they will leave it for god knows how long just like the mini game bug...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Yes, if you run behind scenery to block los then it does not go off. But if the ranger has you in los at the start of the cast and you run behind him during the cast then there is no 2nd los check like most casters have and he shoots you even if you circle strafed at the last moment. Rangers can simply stand still and shoot 360 degrees if your trying to force yourself out of their los if your circle strafing, only scenery blocks it.

That needs to change, no other caster has that advantage. And of course fixing that means they would fix the ranger turn speed, that's implied.
    Can we get a second Los check on melee too then cause if the guard starts his combo and I'm in ranger but out of range when he finishes why do still get hit when I'm half a map or have a pillar between me and the guard/barb/sin/etc etc. /Sarcasm off

There are so many issues with the combat system and yes while we may fire at you if you go behind us I've noticed recently that they get no damage and I've checked combat log too and it's giving no damage. Not sure if it's a bug I'm seeing or if they are trying to combat this with a ninja nerf without telling anyone so I'd like to see if any other rangers have noticed this at all.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Can we get a second Los check on melee too then cause if the guard starts his combo and I'm in ranger but out of range when he finishes why do still get hit when I'm half a map or have a pillar between me and the guard/barb/sin/etc etc. /Sarcasm off

There are so many issues with the combat system and yes while we may fire at you if you go behind us I've noticed recently that they get no damage and I've checked combat log too and it's giving no damage. Not sure if it's a bug I'm seeing or if they are trying to combat this with a ninja nerf without telling anyone so I'd like to see if any other rangers have noticed this at all.
    The difference is that a melee combo the cast time doesn't start until they hit the finisher, a ranger the cast time starts as soon as you start the combo (spell is what it is), so it should function off caster mechanics rather than melee mechanics. Add actual combos back to rangers and I am sure no one would have a problem with the lack of the 2nd los check since doing naked combos would be impossible, so would be spamming pen shot for running shot CC immunity...
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast