Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    I played necro for almost 6 months now and I have absolutely no problems with rangers.
    Probably cause you know their weaknesses. Maybe some people need to l2p rather then spend time on forums crying about the ranger.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Probably cause you know their weaknesses. Maybe some people need to l2p rather then spend time on forums crying about the ranger.
    Or maybe he just met only the 99% rerolling egoplaying nubrangers which start running after hit by the first dot and dont engage him.

A ranger who doesnt run all the time and focus the necro will give the necro a hell of a minigame and the necro will do **** the whole time.

At least i did never met one necro having a good time when i was playing on my ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthor View Post
    Lets just kill the class lol. The nab comments in ranger threads just wont stop.
    Nab comments? I got 40k kills on 7 chars, only char with negative kd is my lowie bs which is giving me a painful experience I admit. As I've said previously no tab-click-kill caster among my chars. I am not the very best pvper, never will be. I am too old. With an age of 49 I don't have that fast reaction time anymore. Nevertheless I believe I am above average and my experience is good enough to speak on this forum.

I however do know why you think ranger is fine and doesn't need another nerf. Just take a look at the screenshots from the premade tournament and see how you got farmed.
    http://funkyimg.com/i/JBPM.jpg
    Too bad for you you also had Davijr in your team who shows how to play ranger and that it is possible to not get farmed and make kills instead. Why is Davijr doing more than twice the kills and at the same time dying 3 times less often? Who's the nab? Btw my conq is Aardrokh.

Here are some statistics another player made a while ago from hallowed vaults minis (original thread: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182511). I am fully aware they are not representative but good enough to give a hint. Please also keep in mind that he mostly played hox and probably is an above average player so hox data might be less correct. I would expect hox on a lower rank. Please also keep in mind that hallowed vaults is not as ranger friendly as TT, JS or BR so data for ranger is most likely below average. Here is a summery for those who don't like to follow that link:

1. Dark Templar: Rank 10 in kills - Rank 11-12 in deaths (ex aequo with guard) - Rank 1 in K/D
    K/D for one DT 1.25

2. Ranger: Rank 3 in kills - Rank 6 in deaths - Rank 2 in K/D
    K/D for one ranger 1.19

3. Guardian: Rank 11 in kills - Rank 11-12 in deaths (ex aequo with DT) - Rank 3-4 in K/D (ex aequo with necro)
    K/D for one guard 1.18

4. Necromancer: Rank 1 in kills - Rank 2 in deaths - Rank 3-4 in K/D (ex aequo with guard)
    K/D for one necro 1.18

5. Conqueror: Rank 9 in kills - Rank 10 in deaths - Rank 5 in K/D
    K/d for one conq 1.1

6. Demonologist: Rank 4 in kills - Rank 3 in deaths - Rank 6 in K/D
    K/D for one demo 1.03

7. Assassins: Rank 2 in kills - Rank 1 in deaths - Rank 7 in K/D
    K/D for one sin: 0.99

8. Herald of Xotli: Rank 5 in kills - Rank 4 in deaths - Rank 8 in K/D
    K/D for one HoX 0.98

9. Priest of Mitra: Rank 6 in kills - Rank 7-8 in deaths (ex aequo with tos) - Rank 9 in K/D
    K/D for one PoM 0.96

10. Tempest of Set: Rank 8 in kills - Rank 7-8 in deaths (ex aequo with pom)- Rank 10 in K/D
    K/D for one ToS 0.92

11. Barbarian: Rank 7 in kills - Rank 5 in deaths - Rank 11 in K/D
    K/D for one barb: 0.83

12. Bear Shaman: Rank 12 in kills - Rank 9 in deaths - Rank 12 in K/D
    K/D for one BS 0.62

Now take a look at the top 6 classes. We have all three soldier classes.
    Conq rank 9 in kills, DT rank 10 in kills, guardian rank 11 in kills. Only class with less kills is the bearshaman, the worst of all classes according to this statistic. So tanks are not really killers, the good KD ratio comes from not get killed that often. Hardly a secret, they are less often a primary target which is nice from a tanks point of view expecially vs ranged classes,

Then among the top 6 classes we have
    necro rank 1 in kills, ranger rank 3 in kills, demo rank 4 in kills. Only class making more kills than ranger and demo is assassin, the class that dies most often. Demo and necro also die often (rank 2 and 3). Ranger however is way to sturdy for his offensive capabilities.

Maybe some people need to l2p rather then spend time on forums crying about the ranger.
    Maybe share your secrets to make this crying stop. How do you kill a ranger who can run faster than you and got ranged kb, ranged snare, kb trap, leghold trap, stun, mana and stamina drain, high evade, who is fleeing towards his team to get support? I know how to do it with barb and assa but I admit in the grand scheme they kill me more often than I kill them. Has something to do with their habit to pop out of stealth and shoot into my back from 30m away while I am fighting someone else. Tell me about the ranger's weak spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheya View Post
    Nab comments? I got 40k kills on 7 chars, only char with negative kd is my lowie bs which is giving me a painful experience I admit. As I've said previously no tab-click-kill caster among my chars. I am not the very best pvper, never will be. I am too old. With an age of 49 I don't have that fast reaction time anymore. Nevertheless I believe I am above average and my experience is good enough to speak on this forum.

I however do know why you think ranger is fine and doesn't need another nerf. Just take a look at the screenshots from the premade tournament and see how you got farmed.
    Too bad for you you also had Davijr in your team who shows how to play ranger and that it is possible to not get farmed and make kills instead. Why is Davijr doing more than twice the kills and at the same time dying 3 times less often? Who's the nab? Btw my conq is Aardrokh.

Here are some statistics another player made a while ago from hallowed vaults minis (original thread: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182511). I am fully aware they are not representative but good enough to give a hint. Please also keep in mind that he mostly played hox and probably is an above average player so hox data might be less correct. I would expect hox on a lower rank. Please also keep in mind that hallowed vaults is not as ranger friendly as TT, JS or BR so data for ranger is most likely below average. Here is a summery for those who don't like to follow that link:

1. Dark Templar: Rank 10 in kills - Rank 11-12 in deaths (ex aequo with guard) - Rank 1 in K/D
    K/D for one DT 1.25

K/D for one ranger 1.19

3. Guardian: Rank 11 in kills - Rank 11-12 in deaths (ex aequo with DT) - Rank 3-4 in K/D (ex aequo with necro)
    K/D for one guard 1.18

4. Necromancer: Rank 1 in kills - Rank 2 in deaths - Rank 3-4 in K/D (ex aequo with guard)
    K/D for one necro 1.18

K/d for one conq 1.1

K/D for one demo 1.03

K/D for one HoX 0.98

9. Priest of Mitra: Rank 6 in kills - Rank 7-8 in deaths (ex aequo with tos) - Rank 9 in K/D
    K/D for one PoM 0.96

10. Tempest of Set: Rank 8 in kills - Rank 7-8 in deaths (ex aequo with pom)- Rank 10 in K/D
    K/D for one ToS 0.92

K/D for one BS 0.62

Conq rank 9 in kills, DT rank 10 in kills, guardian rank 11 in kills. Only class with less kills is the bearshaman, the worst of all classes according to this statistic. So tanks are not really killers, the good KD ratio comes from not get killed that often. Hardly a secret, they are less often a primary target which is nice from a tanks point of view expecially vs ranged classes,

necro rank 1 in kills, ranger rank 3 in kills, demo rank 4 in kills. Only class making more kills than ranger and demo is assassin, the class that dies most often. Demo and necro also die often (rank 2 and 3). Ranger however is way to sturdy for his offensive capabilities.

Maybe share your secrets to make this crying stop. How do you kill a ranger who can run faster than you and got ranged kb, ranged snare, kb trap, leghold trap, stun, mana and stamina drain, high evade, who is fleeing towards his team to get support? I know how to do it with barb and assa but I admit in the grand scheme they kill me more often than I kill them. Has something to do with their habit to pop out of stealth and shoot into my back from 30m away while I am fighting someone else. Tell me about the ranger's weak spot.

Sorry but some guys random stat based on minis he played means funk all cause I can say that my sin has a k/d of 26 million /1 and without any proof hoe can you prove I'm wrong???

So recycling some random stat that has no foundation or proof is just stupid. If you weren't have several parses for several mini and you show those then put it all in a spreadsheet to be able to manipulate the data only then would your argument hold up atm it's as water tight as a sieve
    Last edited by blynd; 1st August 2014 at 22:00.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by Wheya View Post

K/D for one DT 1.25

K/D for one ranger 1.19

K/D for one guard 1.18

K/D for one necro 1.18

K/d for one conq 1.1

K/D for one demo 1.03

K/D for one HoX 0.98

K/D for one PoM 0.96

K/D for one ToS 0.92

K/D for one BS 0.62

That particular game i disconnected like 5 times and lagged so much i changed my isp. So bringing up 1 screenshot isnt proof of anything. Furthermore k/d dont mean ****. If u have k/d rangers standing 30 m away they are innificent for the team. No aoe, no dmg boost from traps and most cc are not usable. Try going to a raid and see the dps 30 m from boss. In pvp a good team just brings the fight out of LOS our the player targetet gets out of ranger los and the rest of your team gets murdered. K/D ranger runs to rez with rest of the team with a frag or 2 while his team got farmed. Thats k/d for u. Second Ranger has very little team buffs compared to most other classes.

All in all ranger has the lowest dps of ranged classes, worst buffs but best in running to save his k/d
    [Group] [Invitmi]: HELP ME ****ING RETARDS [Group] [Demoterror]: I dont want to help u **** retards. that sounds disgusting

Default !!!

Plus yesterday..I took a friend of mine..and we went to the arena to test my so called "IMBA RANGER TRAPS"...Everybody talks about the so called "IMBA RANGER TRAPS"..So I said to myself.."Go and see what kind of drain mana-stamina ur traps are doing".....
    Guess what..He is a tos..I dont know if the class matters..I put my first trap and I watched his bars(mana)..It didn't even went to the middle...
    Not even there..His mana was there...Well I waited ..(cause cooldown)..I placed my second trap..Dudes.even when I put my second trap..His mana was more than 55%..So I stoped..Didn't even bother to put my 3d trap..Went to the trainer and refeated..
    Traps are an illusion...Or they nerfed them.And I have no idea about it..That was it..No more lies about ranger traps..If u guys don't believe me..Go and test them urselves..Another ranger lie crumbles..Lets see how many more u ranger haterz got..!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Plus yesterday..I took a friend of mine..and we went to the arena to test my so called "IMBA RANGER TRAPS"...Everybody talks about the so called "IMBA RANGER TRAPS"..So I said to myself.."Go and see what kind of drain mana-stamina ur traps are doing".....
    Guess what..He is a tos..I dont know if the class matters..I put my first trap and I watched his bars(mana)..It didn't even went to the middle...
    Not even there..His mana was there...Well I waited ..(cause cooldown)..I placed my second trap..Dudes.even when I put my second trap..His mana was more than 55%..So I stoped..Didn't even bother to put my 3d trap..Went to the trainer and refeated..
    Traps are an illusion...Or they nerfed them.And I have no idea about it..That was it..No more lies about ranger traps..If u guys don't believe me..Go and test them urselves..Another ranger lie crumbles..Lets see how many more u ranger haterz got..!!!!
    Why don't you have your friend post his combat log then rather than typing a kinds of claims but not adding numbers to them.

Also, being in combat before getting hit with the trap while regenerations are minimal is far more realistic than placing traps on someone OOC, and who is OOC moments later because your not actually attacking them or they do not have any active dots/debuffs on.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Our drains are quite bad did he do any combos etc cause if he didn't then the drains are rubbish but if he casts he will be out of mana and stamina in seconds. Poms and dt need about 2 combos to be drained that's how bad they are.

They need to be adjusted badly but that said the whole ranger needs a start from scratch overhaul.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Why don't you have your friend post his combat log then rather than typing a kinds of claims but not adding numbers to them.
    I have strong assumptions that pvpers exagerated or mystified a bit their perceptions of exhausting traps. Numbers are still the same, most of players aren't even aware that draining can be upped towards feats that some rangers have and some others don't.

I'm pretty sure they just noticed it recently with all the daily-Qq about ranger, almost all their abilities are more or less being reviewed last 4 months as OP : TTS, Penshot, Jarring shot, Linebreaker, exhausting traps, kb trap, passive speed, damage advantages, rending strikes and so on... It's just ridiculous guys. Pvpers can't even have the same feedback about the class. Exhausting traps are not draining more than before, and never numbers or anything proving this point was raised in this thread or anywhere else. So yeah, even if ranger needs balancing (as a ToS i can say they were atrocious to fight), all those bvllshitting i saw recently about ranger are removing credit from this issue instead of adding it.

I used to play my full T4- Hox (pvp 3) the last days in pvp- minigames; I did not have any problems fighting against rangers (and I'm beyond pro with my hox in pvp), sure, sometimes I got hit by a savage penshot or LB BUT I died way more often because of sin, pom or demo, thats for sure. (Sorry for not creating an excel sheet with profound statistics!)

All you have to do is open your eyes, think and react - use your environment (yeah, it's possible, even at Blood ravine or Jhebbal), interrupt LOS, doublestep towards your ranger target and you will be able to catch him which often leads to his death.

Now, when I'm able to kill a Pvp 10 ranger with my budget hox, whats up with all these pros crying all day long about ranjors? I just don't understand, sry
    Last edited by Quistan; 2nd August 2014 at 13:18.
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.