Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    My ranger has 1/5 in invigoration, and it says I have a 9 second sprint time with a 12 second regeneration.

My PoM is 5/5 in invigoration, and has a 10 second sprint time and a 12 second regeneration.

I am not sure how much difference 4 more points in invigoration would make on my Ranger, but from experience on my Demo I can hardly catch them while they run, and that's with avoiding traps because you can see where they put them down...

Even with hands I usually can't catch a ranger, they just speed off and there is no catching them unless a melee charges them or they somehow get staggered. On my pom, there is NO catching a ranger, unless I can repudiate them before they notice.

So the tool tip can say whatever it wants, we can throw out numbers like I just did, the reality is very few classes can catch rangers in reality. I am not sure if people are going to the length of swapping out veteran boots because as a ranger you can be so far away that no one can land anything on you to force you into combat, or players are using Dagon ring that has 5% speed mod (not sure if it even works), or people are feating the 3% speed mod in the tree (most don't) and if the 5% rogue AA makes that much of a difference (I seem to be able to catch guards more than rangers who have can have 5% movement mod), but there is something definitely wrong with what the tool bar and stats are saying against the reality of what actually happens...
    U cannot catch a ranger..They move too fast for u?but u can catch a sin?Or a barb?Dont think so..Plus u forgot to mention When u use "hands of the underworld" can anybody catch you??Don't think so..and u can do that every 2 minutes or so...?Please..please...refrain from thinking that people don't know whats going on....we do know the pros and the cons of all classes..
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Please..please...refrain from thinking that people don't know whats going on....we do know the pros and the cons of all classes..
    Apparently not since people are still trying to defend rangers...
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

even with 1 point in invigoration on my ranger, hardly anyone can catch up to me
    Perhaps you have the 5% movement modifier from Enchanter?
    I can catch rangers on my DT, but it requires flawless job avoiding traps...not that hard to do having played a ranger a good amount.
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Lets just nerf the ranger out of existence by taking every possible good thing about the class away. And then lets do that to the conq and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Apparently not since people are still trying to defend rangers...
    U know..As long as people here are intentionally and delibaretely ignoring some "Other" classes...and their main concern is rangers..and how to convince funcom to give em a nerf..I say no..I say nerf Dts,and nerf Demos,and nerf sins..As u can see,anybody is entitled to have their own opinion..on the matter..So i agree to disagree with u..

U know..As long as people here are intentionally and delibaretely ignoring some "Other" classes...and their main concern is rangers..and how to convince funcom to give em a nerf..I say no..I say nerf Dts,and nerf Demos,and nerf sins..As u can see,anybody is entitled to have their own opinion..on the matter..So i agree to disagree with u..
    You think everyone is "focusing" on nerfing rangers? Get over yourself. Head over to the TL forums... there's justified complaints about every class
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

U cannot catch a ranger..They move too fast for u?but u can catch a sin?Or a barb?Dont think so..Plus u forgot to mention When u use "hands of the underworld" can anybody catch you??Don't think so..and u can do that every 2 minutes or so...?Please..please...refrain from thinking that people don't know whats going on....we do know the pros and the cons of all classes..
    Actually it's easier to catch sins, unless they have accelerate on. For a sin to do any damage they have to be in extreme melee range, so you get the benefit of the time it takes for them to get away to do something. A ranger is 25-37 meters out, so if you try to approach them it's seen and they can start kiting immediately. You also don't have sins dropping instant traps that each one drains 30-40% of your mana, and while sins can drop me in 2-3 seconds, once they expose themselves melee eat them alive. That's not so for a ranger.

A ranger just sits back max range, does almost the same damage as a sin to cloth and light armor in just a slightly longer time, and has full view of anyone coming at them who is not in stealth. Sin's don't have those advantages, and rangers are not getting 2 shot like most clothies and really do not have a true counter class.

Do I get away with hands, sometimes sure. But I also get 2-3 shot by almost every other class in the game, as does a sin. That's not so for a ranger.

There is a difference.
    Last edited by Suctum; 28th July 2014 at 05:54.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    Perhaps you have the 5% movement modifier from Enchanter?
    I can catch rangers on my DT, but it requires flawless job avoiding traps...not that hard to do having played a ranger a good amount.
    Ha, nobody runs that in minis unless it's on Crom.
    Doomsayer 2008

Actually it's easier to catch sins, unless they have accelerate on. For a sin to do any damage they have to be in extreme melee range, so you get the benefit of the time it takes for them to get away to do something. A ranger is 25-37 meters out, so if you try to approach them it's seen and they can start kiting immediately. You also don't have sins dropping instant traps that each one drains 30-40% of your mana, and while sins can drop me in 2-3 seconds, once they expose themselves melee eat them alive. That's not so for a ranger.

A ranger just sits back max range, does almost the same damage as a sin to cloth and light armor in just a slightly longer time, and has full view of anyone coming at them who is not in stealth. Sin's don't have those advantages, and rangers are not getting 2 shot like most clothies and really do not have a true counter class.

Do I get away with hands, sometimes sure. But I also get 2-3 shot by almost every other class in the game, as does a sin. That's not so for a ranger.

There is a difference.
    Ha!ha!whatever people say..u will always have something to counter-oppose, which makes the probability of having a constructive discussion with u -absolutely impossible...So since u insist so much..Just roll a ranger and be done with it..i am done with u..!!!
    Blah! blah!blah!and so on..and so fourth..!!!

Ha!ha!whatever people say..u will always have something to counter-oppose, which makes the probability of having a constructive discussion with u -absolutely impossible...So since u insist so much..Just roll a ranger and be done with it..i am done with u..!!!
    Blah! blah!blah!and so on..and so fourth..!!!
    It's actually the other way around, it's possible to have a conversation with Suctum and impossible to have one with you, ever.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.