Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

well there was nothing to proof and you didnt make any mathmatic or logical proof.

But in your world, i guess you used this saying correctly...

No, i actually tried. With reference to the base of the +%, the clarification of +movement options and with asking about proof. Suctum understood it. You did not bring anything, you just lied and attacked. I will not argue with you, but i will keep correcting your lies ("The only thing i actually said was that the ranger can have the highest permanent speedbuff ingame"? No, i said this would be maybe, what you meant (but not write intentionally?). What you wrote was: "Oo they have the highest permanent sprintspeed ingame")).

If you are so keen about math, you should look at the energy regen values and the pool size of different classes.

When it comes to speed and movement, there are so many factors that could not work as intended, so i am really not convinced it is as foolish as you made it sound, to test things out.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th July 2014 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Hahaha you get killed by his hox too much so you have to have a cry. Lmao your the worst player in AoC you make talir look like a well balanced team playing individual
    i only saw his ranger on testlive on pvp events.
    i am on crom and easy enough to find if you want to duel.
    i mostly pvp on dt&necro but if you prefer to duel me on another class im down for it.
    but somehow i already know you wont show up for that your just a loudmouth.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    i only saw his ranger on testlive on pvp events.
    i am on crom and easy enough to find if you want to duel.
    i mostly pvp on dt&necro but if you prefer to duel me on another class im down for it.
    but somehow i already know you wont show up for that your just a loudmouth.
    Well seeing as my pvp char is my ranger which is on fury we would have trouble.

My nab pob and TOS are still on crom along with all my pve toons but seeing as neither of them is over pvp 2 and I don't play them often enough to get all that good with them mainly healthy cc machines in pvp for the moment.

Your welcome to come to fury though
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Well seeing as my pvp char is my ranger which is on fury we would have trouble.

My nab pob and TOS are still on crom along with all my pve toons but seeing as neither of them is over pvp 2 and I don't play them often enough to get all that good with them mainly healthy cc machines in pvp for the moment.

Your welcome to come to fury though
    well given i will never tranfer to a dead server only way i see it feasible is duel on testlive.
    btw i refuse to play ranger it was actualy my main but deleted it.
    my bs tomhet has been like 89% to pvp2 for a few years now but i do like dueling with it and on pom wich is close to pvp4.

i have a few characters bellow pvp4 with pve builds only, if you prefer to duel me on one of those instead of my pvp10 necro or pvp6 dt im fine with it.
    im not fine is you trashtalking me as if you even know me wich clearly you dont.
    ps: i dont know what a "talir" is but cant be worse then a "ricardox" or tzaz on his guard "harvestman"
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    well given i will never tranfer to a dead server only way i see it feasible is duel on testlive.
    btw i refuse to play ranger it was actualy my main but deleted it.
    my bs tomhet has been like 89% to pvp2 for a few years now but i do like dueling with it and on pom wich is close to pvp4.

i have a few characters bellow pvp4 with pve builds only, if you prefer to duel me on one of those instead of my pvp10 necro or pvp6 dt im fine with it.
    im not fine is you trashtalking me as if you even know me wich clearly you dont.
    ps: i dont know what a "talir" is but cant be worse then a "ricardox" or tzaz on his guard "harvestman"
    Well until February I was on crom so we have probably fought at some point. And yeah talir is probably tzaz he was such a Edit by Anzu: Dog..
    Last edited by Anzu; 27th July 2014 at 01:29.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post

When it comes to speed and movement, there are so many factors that could not work as intended, so i am really not convinced it is as foolish as you made it sound, to test things out.
    So you still really believe that a system which is unchanged for years now may have bugs neither the com nor the devs didn't notice until now? And actually there arent many factors. There are the basic speed and the basic energy pool and only a few class feats which modify those two things. Thats it. Basic speed is the same for all classes. There is absolutely no info at all that it could be otherwise. So if ranger feats 3% running speed he is permanentely 3% faster then any other class. Then he do have at least 2 energy regen feats.

Suctum just said he doesnt even need numbers because for him the proof is playing on a daily basis and seeing it live that basically no other class can catch up with ranger. I am just giving his point of view numbers to confirm his "feeling".

In my eyes it is a big failure in gamedesign that a class with highest range ingame, the longest ranged cc and cc while moving even can have the highest possible permanent speed and one of te highest energy regen possible. Every advantage for its own isnt very big and gamebreaking. But alltogether those advantages multiply because they fitting each other remarkable well and that makes the ranger op.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    So you still really believe that a system which is unchanged for years now may have bugs neither the com nor the devs didn't notice until now? And actually there arent many factors. There are the basic speed and the basic energy pool and only a few class feats which modify those two things. Thats it. Basic speed is the same for all classes. There is absolutely no info at all that it could be otherwise. So if ranger feats 3% running speed he is permanentely 3% faster then any other class. Then he do have at least 2 energy regen feats.

Suctum just said he doesnt even need numbers because for him the proof is playing on a daily basis and seeing it live that basically no other class can catch up with ranger. I am just giving his point of view numbers to confirm his "feeling".

In my eyes it is a big failure in gamedesign that a class with highest range ingame, the longest ranged cc and cc while moving even can have the highest possible permanent speed and one of te highest energy regen possible. Every advantage for its own isnt very big and gamebreaking. But alltogether those advantages multiply because they fitting each other remarkable well and that makes the ranger op.
    Well, I threw out some numbers but like I said, my ranger is only 1/5 invigoration and has a 9 second sprint time with a 12 second regeneration. My demo of course is 5/5 and has better stats than that but I am not sure what my ranger would be 5/5. Also, I know quite a few people do swap veteran boots while running and not in combat, and there are a number of items that passively buff speed, such as The Ring of Dagon, several obscure blue rings, and of course veteran boots. Then there is the 3% movement modifier in the ranger feat tree, but tbh, not many spec that. Then you have 5% AA modifier, and in combat and ooc, and group wide energy regens- there are a lot of factors contributing to ranger speed and any number of variables. Who's to say some speed modifiers even work...

All I am saying is when you know the numbers and tool bar descriptions you would think you understand the metrics of what is happening but then you get in the mini game and realize that with a 30% movement modifier you still can't catch a class who has at most 8% movement modifier base. The reality of the game with the data of the numbers just don't add up in real life...

So people can theorycraft all they want, the fact of the matter is not many classes, with huge speed buffs, easily catch a ranger with limited passive speed modifiers. Something here does not make sense...
    Doomsayer 2008

Well i dont consider rings or boots. Doesnt make sense in a discussion about a specific class because those are usable for everyone.

I tried those and of course you get faster. Test it out. And you will catch up with those if ranger isnt ccing you and dont use items like that himself. But i wouldn't really use them because you lose to much for the sprintbuff.

But like i said, this isnt useful in a discussion about class balance because this gear can be used by every class. But i can asure you, this stuff is working. Although team buffs from other classes arent specific for ranger. He doesnt even need them because its own tools are more then handy enough

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Well i dont consider rings or boots. Doesnt make sense in a discussion about a specific class because those are usable for everyone.

I tried those and of course you get faster. Test it out. And you will catch up with those if ranger isnt ccing you and dont use items like that himself. But i wouldn't really use them because you lose to much for the sprintbuff.

But like i said, this isnt useful in a discussion about class balance because this gear can be used by every class. But i can asure you, this stuff is working. Although team buffs from other classes arent specific for ranger. He doesnt even need them because its own tools are more then handy enough
    That's all true of course, but when a ranger only needs 15 key binds it's the kind of class that allows people the time to swap veteran boots and rings and crap like that during combat because you really only need 1 hand to play it.

Even still, most rangers just zoom off. I hardly think the tool tip in the combat section about their sprint time is correct, it seems they can pretty much run with impunity whenever they want, and even with 1 point in invigoration on my ranger, hardly anyone can catch up to me with what it says is a 9 second sprint time, which seems to be the lowest out of all my toons.
    Doomsayer 2008