Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by razorkid10 View Post
    let me put it this way,

bad sin 0 kills lot of deaths, usless to team.
    bad ranger many kills, some deaths, not that usless since bad ranger is able to drop clothies

and u really compare those veterans like delred or surgery on patry or piokup? u are not even serious ..
    hes serious, he loves ranger revamp, and didnt like ranger with combos and xbow/bow trees/stances.
    hes also taking the shot enthusiast and cant play without it and plays in gimp specs for doing "combos" in pvp.
    sad...
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    hes serious, he loves ranger revamp, and didnt like ranger with combos and xbow/bow trees/stances.
    hes also taking the shot enthusiast and cant play without it and plays in gimp specs for doing "combos" in pvp.
    sad...
    so if i understood right, he compares best assassins to worst rangers, and they get same results and he say classes are fine for pugs? okay.. got it

so if delred get 25-10 with sin, thats op
    but if worst ranger on server get 25-10 thats cus he is good..? but he is worst player so i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    sad...
    Hahaha you get killed by his hox too much so you have to have a cry. Lmao your the worst player in AoC you make talir look like a well balanced team playing individual
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Well blynd you shouldn't talk bigmouthed. Especially you, who isn't able to defend himself to such crap sins like tLlir. You cried about such an awful bad player and now you try to make fun of someone else? Dude at least try to make some sense once in a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Yeah really need testing it when the feat clearly say +x% running speed....

And dont counter it with "it must be feated. yeah of course! But it is easily reachable and other classes need to feat most of the stuff too which is discussed here. For example speed buff for barb/sin.
    What a feat description says and what it does might be two different shoes. Could be bug or misunderstanding or even intended mechanic, depending on what base you do the +%.

You would have a point if the BASIC speed would be different (because for example funcom bugged the skills or basic speed values), which isn't afaik.

Then you have differences since sprint revamp in how long people can sprint, sprintjump and how fast it regenerates, which comes into play when you want to cover long distances fast. This is what you can even test ingame (one reason the camel is now useless and for long distances maybe even "slower" than chars on foot).

Featwise rangers have NO innate +% speed mechanics that don't have to be feated.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th July 2014 at 09:16.

OMG. PPL just can't read and understand even the most simple sentences.

Did i say anywhere, that ranger have an inniate speedbuff? NO, i simply did not (heck you even quoted it!). I clearly stated that they have to feat it. But it is easily obtainable in the most common ranger specs. That were my words. And it is fact, that every other class can't specc even the slightest permanent speed buff. Only skills, which give a temporarly buff to sprint and move faster.

And well, yeah we should question a feat discription everytime we discuss a class or feat. Because maybe every player and every developer may have missed until now, that a feat, which wasn't changed for years, may be buggy and don't do what it should. That is absolutely correct. BEfore we talk about anythiung, lets test it for month to be absolutely sure, it does what it did for the past years. Especially everyone else here did that and especially you yourself. Correct?

Ah well and of course we should question, that the basic sprint speed of the classes aren't the same, even if funcom did never saying anything to question that and it was never noticed or questioned by the whole com until now. makes perfectly sense...

And if we all did that, lets look at the ranger, a rouge, if maybe, really maybe, he doesn't have less energy regeneration then other classes. He has the same Energy refilling feat as every other class, have an advantage with an absurd high rate of energy regenerating. Which not every other class do have. so maybe it is just fact, that a ranger will be able to sprint longer then most other classes. but who i am to say that? i just used logic after looking up what a ranger is capable of and played one for about 3-4 years now...

yeah really, we should have a deeper look into all of this because Kurt isn't able to do it by himself and can't believe, that some ppl just did that before and do know things like that already...

PS: Sprintjump was fixed long time ago. Welcome to present AoC...

Maybe i should hint that there may be some sarcasm in this post...
    Last edited by Zatochi; 26th July 2014 at 12:09.

I knew it was a mistake to even try to answer you again...

Quote: "Rangers arent fast? Oo they have the highest permanent sprintspeed ingame. Only barbs, sins and guards can be temporareld faster."

While the second part is kind of true, the first clearly suggests this permanent speed is innately available. If YOU meant your corrected version of "easily available and commonly specced" is another thing (it is even argueable that this is true). I answered what you wrote and adressed not only you, but other people too to clarify a bit some of the suggestive talking in this thread.

I am tired of dealing with classes like that, when you can't even properly clarify what you mean. Much damage has been done with balancing and revamps, because of these generalizations of saying "ranger" or "dt" or "barb", when in reality they mean specific builds or available AAs.

And the rest...the usual "me right, you wrong, anit-kurt" exagerations and half-truths. I did my testings after the revamp...i was just asking if other people did the same (i am not following your "everyone knows, that..."-"argumentation"...and it would not have been the first time the feat description did not fit the effect.

Of course, instead of just answering "i meant with permanent speedbuff the commonly feated +% speedbuff in sharpshooter tree by pvp specced rangers" or "i meant, rangers CAN have the highest permanent speedbuff", you spit venom and foolish attempts at sarcasm. You would even attack others, when they explicitely write "zatochi is right as usual".
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th July 2014 at 13:41.

My ranger has 1/5 in invigoration, and it says I have a 9 second sprint time with a 12 second regeneration.

My PoM is 5/5 in invigoration, and has a 10 second sprint time and a 12 second regeneration.

I am not sure how much difference 4 more points in invigoration would make on my Ranger, but from experience on my Demo I can hardly catch them while they run, and that's with avoiding traps because you can see where they put them down...

Even with hands I usually can't catch a ranger, they just speed off and there is no catching them unless a melee charges them or they somehow get staggered. On my pom, there is NO catching a ranger, unless I can repudiate them before they notice.

So the tool tip can say whatever it wants, we can throw out numbers like I just did, the reality is very few classes can catch rangers in reality. I am not sure if people are going to the length of swapping out veteran boots because as a ranger you can be so far away that no one can land anything on you to force you into combat, or players are using Dagon ring that has 5% speed mod (not sure if it even works), or people are feating the 3% speed mod in the tree (most don't) and if the 5% rogue AA makes that much of a difference (I seem to be able to catch guards more than rangers who have can have 5% movement mod), but there is something definitely wrong with what the tool bar and stats are saying against the reality of what actually happens...
    Last edited by Suctum; 26th July 2014 at 13:54.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    While the second part is kind of true, the first clearly suggests this permanent speed is innately available. If YOU meant your corrected version of "easily available and commonly specced" is another thing (it is even argueable that this is true). I answered what you wrote and adressed not only you, but other people too to clarify a bit some of the suggestive talking in this thread.
    LOL.

you suggesting thing that i didnt say and thats your point? and then you are arguing you cant argue with me? WTF? if you JUST would consider what i am actually saying and not fantasizing something into it i am clearly not saying then we could get along. but no. of course its my fault when you are interpreting things into my words.

The only thing i actually said was that the ranger can have the highest permanent speedbuff ingame. i would even consider its more logically that he has to feat it then it is inniate. but okay. but EVERYONE here in this thread should know that this is a feat. otherwise he shouldnt arguie at all because obviously he doesnt know the class ranger very well. it is not like this is a kind of hidden mechanic or something. ppl who want to argue about a class should at least know this much, otherwise it is completely useless for them to argue at all!

Not to mention that i clearified it and you were still argueing about this by questioning if the feat may be bugged and other stuff. no it is ****ing not. you werent misunderstanding what i said, you tried to question the arguement by saying i didnt not make proof if its not bugged and i didnt consider that there may be difference between classes for the basic sprint speed. you did know pretty well what i meant. dont try to make it look otherwise now...
    Last edited by Zatochi; 26th July 2014 at 14:22.