Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    The fact every melee class has charge plus some have insane run speed they can close 35 meters very quickly.

And as usual my comment is taken out of context post the whole comment loaf-of-the-dance.
    yeah of course.. and those havent any cooldown and arent absolutely easy to counter especially for ranger and their traps. i mean you have 2 traps to counter any charge ( well for dw conqs just 1). one trap should always be ready when the cd of charges are off. you have a nearly 100% chance to counter a charge most of the times and still CC left. so even if someone charges you, you have a 360° stun and many other tools to cc and get in range again. i play a ranger myself, poorly equipt and i NEVER had issues with Sins. Ranger ccs are even faster then Stealh attack "lag". so you can cc a sin while it stealth attacks you and run away. there is no problem if yopu now the mechanics and have a bit of sense for timing. Just saying...

And if you really say you cant put down traps while moving... if you mean you cant put them while sprinting, just lol, dont sprint for half a second then, place the trap and sprint off. ffs, l2p....
    Last edited by Zatochi; 24th July 2014 at 15:51.

The fact every melee class has charge plus some have insane run speed they can close 35 meters very quickly.
    Most charges have longer cooldown than one of a rangers multiple traps. Charge - knockdown - charge - root - pin down snare - charge - stun - charge - knockdown - etc

And as usual my comment is taken out of context post the whole comment loaf-of-the-dance.
    I will quote your whole post then, make you look even more irellevant:

The only person I called a name was yourself
    Below is a response you made to someone besides me, in this same thread. Contradicting yourself in the first sentence of a post makes anything else you say invalid, including yuor misinformation, obvious lack of game knowledge, and copy of other people's info:

Well you are stupid. Every class can use instant abilities while doing combos / spells. Conq using instant bubble flags etc etc all damage buffs for every class. Sins cats paw miasma all instances all no need to aim all moldable in your words. This is just game mechanics ffs.

As for traps. They are almost instant but no you cannot put them down while sprinting. That was changed over 2 years ago. And sins bombs on soldiers get real go do it on a necro demo barb ranger hox you will see insane numbers all the time why do you think sins go for the clothes and the easy 2 combo kills all the time cause they only have to press 3 buttons to get a kill then back in hide while they find their next clothie. So talking about a soldier is just stupid.

And the only place I've ever seen 5k linebreaker or pen shots is in raids in pvp you would be lucky to get 3k max.
    And counting all the additional bleeds etc let's look at sins bleeds and necro dots hey. They are worse than rending strikes. He'll the sins bomb is a dot effectively so that and the combo damage plus bleeds your probably looking more like an 8k hit in your mind. Stop adding abilities together cause while the dots do need toning down a bit the dps of a ranger is utter crap as a dps class that gets out dpsed by several of the tanks in a raid not just the op dt it shows that there is something very wrong with a dps class that can't dps well.

If you want to take shattering and rending strikes and all additional damage off the ranger then that's fine but that has to happen to every class. Dt must loose vom and all its taps. Necro loose all dots sin loose bomb and dots and it's stealth attack. Barb loose it's dots and it speed buff I can go on.

You see you think of only what you find hard to play against and them try and find am argument to nerf it. I on the otherhand want to fix it it is too easy to play it needs real combos back it needs it's dots balancing out but like every class that does dots they all need looking at. The stupid advantage system and traps dps boost needs binning and starting again.

The discussion is interesting so far, I'd like it to stay that way.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    The discussion is interesting so far, I'd like it to stay that way.
    Don't take the fun out the forums

It's been so long since I got an infraction that they are dull and lifeless without a good heated debate with people who only see what they want to see. The rangers damage is not op compare it to all other classes the issue is its stupidly easy to play and do well even without much skill. The old ranger was harder to play and thus more enjoyable and more rewarding. In pve the ranger is crap for a dps class and dull as hell to play.
    Last edited by blynd; 24th July 2014 at 16:47.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

If you nerf raogues, you will need to increase their survivability. Of course rangers is a little different and should be dropped to cloth armor, I mean robin hood wore cloth. And less HP. But the sin would need an increase in survivability. They die fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    If you nerf raogues, you will need to increase their survivability. Of course rangers is a little different and should be dropped to cloth armor, I mean robin hood wore cloth. And less HP. But the sin would need an increase in survivability. They die fast.
    ..But they kill faster..!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    ..But they kill faster..!!!
    isn't that the definition of a rogue? I know its a sarcasm post, but some actually think like this.

Actually. If a nerf for rangers is so nessecary, i suggest a compleatly revamped class. I do not enjoy playing ranger anymore, i did however when we used combos. Our feats are not very special anyways, so who's with me?

Remake rangers from scratch and make them fun again!
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Actually. If a nerf for rangers is so nessecary, i suggest a compleatly revamped class. I do not enjoy playing ranger anymore, i did however when we used combos. Our feats are not very special anyways, so who's with me?

It would be nice if they rework ranger and made them some sort of range/melee hybrid (or at least one of possible build should be like this).
    But since this probably wont happen something needs to be done with cc over such high range and rending strikes. Advantage is by itself around 1.5k buf to combo and it can crit nicely to, so no need of giving strong dot to it.
    People cried about tts and now it was nerfed to 5m distance, it was nice change but that was not enough if linebreaker and rending strikes remain as they are.
    linebreaker, lower buf, deadly draw and advantage are way to strong and way to easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post

Posted something for this on TL a few years ago. Most people are unable to even write down civilized, how they want their rangers to be (with exceptions, of course).

Problem with nerfing rending strikes and linebreaker will be, that if you do that, you will realize how nerfed to crap the rest of ranger mechanics has already been. And this will mean to admit failure with the revamp, so they at least try to keep the killburst ranger types happy. And now those have pvp10, they don't need tts anymore too (linebreaker, rending and pen shot crits are enough). Who cares about low level rangers, levelling rangers, new rangers or fresh 80 rangers, as long as the important rangers can keep on ambushing in peace?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th July 2014 at 06:36.