Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Wrong. Rangers arent fine. They need a nerf. And guess what? Demo and dt. It isnt an argument that another class needs a nerf too if we talk in a thread about rangers. The stupiest thing in balancing discussion is to say another class needs a nerf too. Yeah of course they does but what does that help with the class talked about in a certain thread?

Said by a player which plays all 3 of the above mentioned classes and 9 others... Some more, some less.
    Why do rangers need a nerf? I hear it, but I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Why do rangers need a nerf? I hear it, but I don't see it.
    He probably just plays to be able to say he plays a ranger and xyz needs a nerf cause he keeps dying to Rangers on whatever his main is.

I'm sick of all the demo and sin player crying nerf to a class that is sub par until you have top tier gear on it then it's competitive but they all scream op op. When infact their class's are the most widely recognised op classes out there.

Sins virtually one shotting everything under heavy armour unless your a healer and running around like acid crazed killing machines that have more surivability then 70% of the classes out there.

Demos have been op since launch and while it's slowly come more inline with everything else they still have far mor survivability and dps then most other classes.

But wait I play a ranger so it's Ok cause we are so op that we must only fight in melee ranger to give everyone else a chance against our massive dps.

Seriously though the ranger is good for about 10 seconds per minute so what should I do spend the other 50 seconds in hide like all the tard sins in this game??

(gets coffee and waits for the sins to come crying )
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

havent we still gotten to the conclusion yet? that ranger needs a complete overhaul and get rid of the absurd amount of easymodefacerollderpspells

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    havent we still gotten to the conclusion yet? that ranger needs a complete overhaul and get rid of the absurd amount of easymodefacerollderpspells
    The last overhaul that wasn't even asked for gave us this gimp crap we have now. God only knows what they would do if they overhauled it now
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Problem with overhauls and revamps is, that you throw all the experience and suggestions concerning the status quo in the bin.
    You also tend to go the easy route by not doing proper analysis of the old system. Thus a lot of work done is redundant and you risk making the same mistakes your predecessors did.

Combined with you having to somehow justify and set a mark for the start from scratch, you will end up with a new system that just has to be good and better than the old. Even if it obviously isn't, you keep saying it till you believe it yourself.

Of course there are situations where a start from scratch makes sense (for example in recoding)...but in (systematic) design, it usually doesn't.

With other revamps they managed to keep the core mechanics similar, but not with sins and rangers (and these are the most polarizing revamps actually)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st July 2014 at 13:45.

For every screenshot of a ranger topping kills, I can show every other class doing the same. Name 5 rangers that always top kills. I'll look for those same not doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    Literally resorting to begging here.

Nothing the class has all together at this moment can be justified.

Assassin burst, Barbarian CC's, Bear Shaman Armour, Further than Demonologist Range.

Bare minimum add some animations to their spells (THEY DON'T DO COMBOS) Currently their combos are the duration of doing a white hit arrow

Crazy.
    Can I just ask for numbers to support your theories, let's be honest here and don't shot numbers out of 4letters. Real suport will look like half of sin base dps, barbs have more armor (medium is myth as ranger has 0 str on each piece - the mains stat there is dex!) Here - I have on almost full t4 ranger 23,4 armor tell me how much full for example t3 barb has? my full t4 bs has over 30% now this is something! Range is absolutly hit and only one you mentioned correctly, from dexterity i got 17,5% evade which with all those uber weapons that you get over 20% hit chance is nothing, now as to combos its on any other toon like this ! Go with barb and start cosX or upheaval on enemy no matter how fast and far he runs all hits go through! only thing is you press finisher when facing ur target rest is same on each class, please don't tell me that counterweight stops when someone moves behind you, is it? So let's not be hipocrytes ask for 2xlos change I will ask to have it added on each class... Rethink way of cc's change not cry to nerf it, for example no stupid traps redo the mechanics and make cc usable after chain of combos for example: armor ripper debuffs you with 5s kb to next pen shot so the linebreaker can be redone and removed from game also maybe root added to quick shot after successful bleeding puncture etc. , remove stupid insta gib abilities and make it hit harder after certain combos, for exaple point blank hits clothies for 100 but after let's say pen shot/quick shot/armor ripper it can hit/crit for 2k within 5s or so, it creates variety of gameplays and different builds for things people want to focus on not to be master of all trades as it is now, add maybe combos back instead stupid sh*t we have now.
    Last edited by StaHoo; 21st July 2014 at 14:55.

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    The last overhaul that wasn't even asked for gave us this gimp crap we have now. God only knows what they would do if they overhauled it now
    Actually the overhaul was asked for because most players couldn't do anything playing rangers. You could count on 1 hand before 2.0 how many rangers were actually good and could be a threat, the rest just were terrible. Most rangers were just lowbie ganking toons because salvo and heartbreaker were great for ganking at low levels.

It wasn't until 1.9, where these ridiculous ranger changes hit TL, and then you had two even more ridiculous ranger advocates who were streaming misinformation saying the revamp was fine, when in fact 80% of the feed back provided by the normal TL community was against the changes and provided feedback and stats in great detail about why exhausting traps, pen shot, advantages, ect..were all over the top.

But they pushed it through anyways despite the TL communities efforts to tell them it was stupid. At that time they were pushing all kinds of trash through, because they were targeting a different customer base than what they had before, and we all know the outcome since then. Had you been there for the revamp, no one would argue that rangers are still stupid to this day.

I remember those two idiot advocates even insisted that rangers should have NO LOS Check, and for over a year rangers could shoot through walls. So no, I don't take any stock in Bylnds opinions because he sounds exactly like those two advocates who did everything they could to destroy this class...on one hand he wants to revert it to pre 2.0 but then defends everything that makes the class ridiculous after the revamp...the guy is all over the place and talking about every class but his own.
    Last edited by Suctum; 21st July 2014 at 15:20.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Actually the overhaul was asked for because most players couldn't do anything playing rangers.
    everyone i knew who played ranger either reroled like me or quite game.
    only pathetic people like the crap they did to rangers.
    delete ranger from aoc or bring it back pre-revamp state.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Because a single screenshot represents the entire game in your opinion... This is just a troll attempt ladies and gentlemen.
    Um what? Sometimes you think too much. That was just a screenshot of sag without rangers. Nothing more nothing less. I am clueless to where you came up with your conclusion.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast