Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

As with every Class in AoC, Rangers do well vs some Classes and poorly vs others. I have defeated plenty of Rangers even playing a squishy ambushed Sin.

Rangers, uniquely, have no Heals or Regen powers so the medium armor is not much help. It's not like a Bear Shaman's medium armor, LoL. Rangers can't melee except to do a CC because they have no regens. Rangers have no stun/CC breaker unless they go deep into the general tree. Rangers can't attack while moving. Rangers need to be moving alot in combat because they can't melee.

I think it's balanced by all that, it's just some Rangers are very good at thinking ahead and tricking their foes.

I play all the Classes at level 80, being an original subscriber to AoC. What I like about the Ranger is you don't have to hop around and be a twitch master, you have to be the tactical planner. Once your plan is set you put it into action and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    As with every Class in AoC, Rangers do well vs some Classes and poorly vs others. I have defeated plenty of Rangers even playing a squishy ambushed Sin.

Rangers, uniquely, have no Heals or Regen powers so the medium armor is not much help. It's not like a Bear Shaman's medium armor, LoL. Rangers can't melee except to do a CC because they have no regens. Rangers have no stun/CC breaker unless they go deep into the general tree. Rangers can't attack while moving. Rangers need to be moving alot in combat because they can't melee.

I think it's balanced by all that, it's just some Rangers are very good at thinking ahead and tricking their foes.

I play all the Classes at level 80, being an original subscriber to AoC. What I like about the Ranger is you don't have to hop around and be a twitch master, you have to be the tactical planner. Once your plan is set you put it into action and see if it works.
    Best comment so far and yes I am back so just get ready and hi Blynd

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I dont get it how can someone post as argument that rangers are fine if you can kill pvp 10 one with low char?
    It just mean that ranger is retarded. And even so he can still end mini with good score.
    @Quistan t4 hox is not really budget hox

Fact is that i know many people that cant kill anybody on other classes but doing good on rangers. Even most noobish keyboard turning ranger can get top kills in minis if he just run when anyone looks at him wrong and just keep firing from safety behind line of his team. It takes zero skill.

Do something about lineberaker and rending strikes and give ranger some tool that actually need skill to use. buff ranger melee combos and give some melee goodies and we could have uniqe and fun class.
    Dont forget to heavy nerf stam and mana drain on ranger traps. Right now it is retarded beyond belief!

Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf, thats what I see in your post, well no, the traps mana and stamina drain is already nerfed, few times, you should read the notes of last 3-4 years, you probaly wont,just because you cant manage your mana doesnt mean its the ranger's problem, Dt's do the same to you, we dont hear you whine about that in the Dt section, oh no wait you have a dt and you FC to touch your precious DT?

Linebraker is good only if buffed, you know you need to use arrows up and down like any pro ranger to buff it not like noob rolling on his keyboard and thinking he is that awsome with ranger.

Yes ranger class is broken and need a fix, overpowerd in pvp yes thats all true, its sux in pve maybe, in good hands its great tool.

Ranger is a rogue but not a sin, ranger do not need melee combos, maybe a few, first of all, no offhand,second, it must fit in the feat tree otherwise its useless, third, if its only for pvp use, sure why not but then revamp the class completly.

and I challenge you to show me a noob ranger top kills in any mini, I give you 10 gold, contact me you know my name in game :P I have checked youtube videos, I loled the rangers were so bad man,the classes that got top kills were sins, dts, demos, necros, but you knew that?

Bad example, sins have the best tools against rangers at their disposal. Try solo-killing a decent ranger with a ToS if you like just as a comparison.

Rangers, uniquely, have no Heals or Regen powers so the medium armor is not much help.
    Uniquely to the rogue-class maybe, yet they make up for that through mobility, a variety of CC and the fact they're ranged in spite of the other rogue-classes. Their feet is their healing.

Rangers can't melee except to do a CC because they have no regens. Rangers have no stun/CC breaker unless they go deep into the general tree. Rangers can't attack while moving. Rangers need to be moving alot in combat because they can't melee.
    Rangers CAN go melee, watch religolibri slash up regular melees just for the hell of it if you don't believe it.
    Not being able to attack while moving also is a weak argument, since your aoe-cc-traps enable you to maintain distance again to attack, plus you can instantly place them, too.
    Regarding anti-cc - I don't see much difference to other ranged-fighters here. ToS/HoX are even melee-based mages and have the same anti-cc options that you have.

What I like about the Ranger is you don't have to hop around and be a twitch master, you have to be the tactical planner. Once your plan is set you put it into action and see if it works.
    You got that right, that's the very reason why many of the good rangers rerolled other toons after the rangers initial revamp or a while after. The stress of playing this class and having to plan ahead 25 steps every time was simply too much for them.
    They envied the melees, who on the other hand just roll their face over their keyboards and everything within 40m dies, while 0 skill or movement is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    They envied the melees, who on the other hand just roll their face over their keyboards and everything within 40m dies, while 0 skill or movement is required.
    These are the days of slight exaggerations, I see...
    *facepalms*

Lleilwin: Come on, those last few lines i quoted just couldn't be commented in a less sarcastic way...

You got that right, that's the very reason why many of the good rangers rerolled other toons after the rangers initial revamp or a while after. The stress of playing this class and having to plan ahead 25 steps every time was simply too much for them.
    what stress? are you for real? I never had stress making like you what said 25 steps ahead, that was for me an advantage, that makes me smarter than the average player. and about the envy thats just plain stupid unless you are being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Touchii View Post
    Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf, thats what I see in your post, well no, the traps mana and stamina drain is already nerfed, few times, you should read the notes of last 3-4 years, you probaly wont,just because you cant manage your mana doesnt mean its the ranger's problem, Dt's do the same to you, we dont hear you whine about that in the Dt section, oh no wait you have a dt and you FC to touch your precious DT?

Linebraker is good only if buffed, you know you need to use arrows up and down like any pro ranger to buff it not like noob rolling on his keyboard and thinking he is that awsome with ranger.

Yes ranger class is broken and need a fix, overpowerd in pvp yes thats all true, its sux in pve maybe, in good hands its great tool.

Ranger is a rogue but not a sin, ranger do not need melee combos, maybe a few, first of all, no offhand,second, it must fit in the feat tree otherwise its useless, third, if its only for pvp use, sure why not but then revamp the class completly.

and I challenge you to show me a noob ranger top kills in any mini, I give you 10 gold, contact me you know my name in game :P I have checked youtube videos, I loled the rangers were so bad man,the classes that got top kills were sins, dts, demos, necros, but you knew that?
    I know that ranger traps have been nerfed but after one of patches lately as side effect traps now drain a lot again.
    Difference between dt and ranger is i can avoid being mana drain from dt while i cant from ranger.
    Btw i stopped playing almost all chars except for hox (here and there i play bs, barb and ranger) so...
    And linebreaker is not good only buffed. If ranger buff linebreaker at me i will notice and have time to double tap it (ofc smart rangers buff their combos on soldiers). If he comes out of hide behind my back and hit me with LB i am knocked and he can buff his deadly draw or PS+advantages or whatever...

Anyway some nice pve rangers told me that class lacks in pve. I surely dont want to destroy it there (if it needs some sort of buff or group utility for pve than by all means) but in pvp it brings a lot to the table and the problem is it is incredibly easy to do it and on top of all you have range.

Just one extra thing, naked DD+advantage takes almost half life from my pvp 6 hox, with crits its more.
    Last edited by viroku; 25th August 2014 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchii View Post
    Best comment so far and yes I am back so just get ready and hi Blynd
    Hi mate nice to see you back I'm on fury with the ranger now

@viroku yes naked shots are still a bit high after the nerf they got a couple of years ago so yes they need another small nerf to make the use ofbthe buffs more needed in general pvp. In pve they need to remove the dps buff from traps and give the ranger more pve dps as it's ducks so bad atm.

As for traps if you see a rangers arm in the air it's like a neon sign saying there is a trap here. So you can avoid it but in a fight you need to be aware of that animation. And if you don't pay attention then it's your own fault
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    As for traps if you see a rangers arm in the air it's like a neon sign saying there is a trap here. So you can avoid it but in a fight you need to be aware of that animation. And if you don't pay attention then it's your own fault
    Sorry mate but if you see ranger hand in the air that is bad ranger, its quite easy to lay trap without anything being visible. beside they can be put before, or while people are figthing etc... not really easy to avoid drain. Beside if I stand next to you and put trap how can you avoid it? Again not talking about knock effect which can be avoided but drain effect.
    Not complaining about cc aspect of it even bit.